The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If you could change one of the sequels...

Pinky997

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I found 6 to be a little slow, but it was a nice story so I don't know what they could really add to it. I guess I'm just not a big fan of the ones where they don't go on a journey.
12 was the same way, 12 was actually my least favorite LBT movie. The part where they were following Guido was a total *yawn*. Not to mention he had wings, and was the same size and body type as Petrie, so why was it so hard for everyone to figure out that he could be a flyer? The only part I liked of that movie was Cera's story with her little sister and the song "Things Change".

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
As mentioned here, I had the idea to do fanfic novelizations of all the LBT films. I didn't think of as many ideas for each sequel as I did for that wall of text I wrote on the original, and would probably have come up with more ideas had I actually started writing these novelizations. Nonetheless, this is everything that I did come up with.

In general:
  • The Gang's siblings would be more prominent in my novelizations than they were in the movies. They wouldn't be made into major characters or anything, but would otherwise have a more consistent presence throughout the series, to help paint a better picture of the Gang's family trees.
  • The sharpteeth in the later sequels would be portrayed in a more menacing way.
  • Cera's abrasiveness in some of the later sequels would be toned down and she'd be characterized more like she was in films #2-4.
II – The Great Valley Adventure
  • The style and tone here would be made closer to the film film, moreso than the later sequels. There would be a lot of parallels between the first film/novelization and the second. It would be shown that Littlefoot misses his mother, and he has PTSD and occasional nightmares about the Sharptooth encounters from the original.
  • It would be made clear that this takes place shortly after the first installment (unlike in the film where it was simply implied). The dinosaurs are still adjusting to their new lives inside the Great Valley, and the different species are still shown to be rather segregated from each other. They haven't yet learned to overcome their prejudices and mingle together, which makes the Gang of Five an uncomfortable oddity to their dinosaur society at large.
  • Cera's mother and siblings would be given a supporting role, more prominent than their appearance in the first novel (to help set up what will be an even more prominent appearance in the third novel).
  • Here, Littlefoot would be the least insistent about caring for baby Chomper, at least initially, considering he lost his mother to a sharptooth. Rather, it's Ducky and Petrie who decide to care for Chomper, although eventually Littlefoot warms up to Chomper as well.
  • Despite the darker tone, Ozzy and Strut would remain as fairly comical characters... up until they're killed by Chomper's parents! This would happen shortly before the climax (and would be different from the film where their ultimate fate was left ambiguous).
  • When Littlefoot's own grandparents and friends are threatened and nearly killed by the adult sharpteeth, it gives Littlefoot a fierce determination to take them down, again similar to the first film/novel. He and the other kids devise a plan similar to the one they had last time to try and kill Chomper's parents.
  • ^The only thing that stops Littlefoot at the last minute is his realization that the adult sharpteeth are in fact Chomper's parents. Seeing that sharpteeth have families too is what convinces Littlefoot to spare them. The three sharpteeth reunite and end up leaving the valley together.
III – The Time of the Great Giving
  • Much of the film's structure would be kept similar in the novelization for the most part. Compared to The Great Valley Adventure, I couldn't think of as many changes I would have wanted to make for this one.
  • The biggest difference would be that, again, Cera's mother and siblings would have a supporting role here. There'd be more focus on Cera's family dynamics in general, given Topsy's role in the plot, and how each family member reacts to him trying to control the water supply.
  • Cera's mother would be wounded during the climax with the fast biters and she would pass away shortly after the battle, explaining why she isn't around in any of the later films. Although Cera's siblings would survive in my version, and would continue to occasionally be seen later in the series.
  • Because of this, the ending with the Time of the Great Giving and the redeemed bullies would remain, albeit with a much more bittersweet air given the circumstances.
IV – Journey Through the Mists
  • The aftermath of Cera losing her mother would be explored, and it's shown that it gave her and Littlefoot something to bond over.
  • Ali's mother would be slightly more fleshed out, and has a similar temperament to Littlefoot's mother. Early on, a scene where Littlefoot observes Ali and her mother from a distance with longing, and even some jealousy.
  • The Old One and the other migrating longnecks still don't want to venture out to find the Nightflower, but their reasons for feeling this way would be better explained. Namely, that some of their herd members were killed while they were in the Land of Mists and that's why they don't want to go back there.
  • As with the second novel, the story would be made darker and more emotional in places, since we are dealing with Littlefoot potentially losing another family member.
  • Archie would be portrayed more closely to how Rooter was, to the point that Archie even reminds Littlefoot of "someone I met once."
  • More time spent in the Land of Mists, showcasing its dark, ominous landscape.
  • Despite that, Ichy and Dil would remain as comical characters. Maybe a bit more threatening, but their bickering dynamic with each other would remain. But as with Ozzy and Strut, their demise would be more clearly shown.
V – The Mysterious Island
  • The story from the film would be expanded and adapted into two separate books. "The Mysterious Island - Part 1" would cover everything leading up to the island, while "Part 2" would begin once they arrive on the island. Because of this, both the desert trek to the island, and the kids' time on the island itself, would be longer and more fleshed out.
    • The trek through the desert would explore the herd/character dynamics more (contrasting from the second part in which the majority of it is just the kids on their own), and would be expanded enough in general to tell a mini-story of its own to wrap up "Part 1" with.
    • On the island, there'd be more scenes of them struggling to find food and water, encountering various dangers, and showing off more of the island's creepy atmosphere.
  • Topsy's prejudiced comments against other dinosaurs would be removed (which would apply to the later sequels as well). He would still be somewhat grumpy and stern, but otherwise I want to more clearly show that his character development from the third film stuck.
  • The Plated Sharptooth would be made more threatening (even though I still liked him as he was in the film). To a lesser extent, Chomper's parents would also be made more threatening, up until the end when it turns out they're not so bad.
VI – The Secret of Saurus Rock
  • I considered reintroducing Ali here. Not right at the very beginning, but fairly early on (before the bad luck starts). The idea being that she would be a recurring character from this point on, delivering on the fourth film's promise that we would be seeing her again. However, I decided that The Great Longneck Migration would be a better place for her reintroduction.
  • Part of Littlefoot's admiration for Doc is stated to stem from how Doc reminds Littlefoot of his father. Also the first time Littlefoot's father would be mentioned in the series.
  • As mentioned in my novelization notes for the first film, Cera is established to have older siblings, which would come into play here. Namely, that one of her older sibs is the parent of Dinah & Dana, to likewise better explain how Cera is their aunt.
  • The Western elements would be played up a little more.
  • As with the first novelization, this one would incorporate some removed elements that were in the movie's script: (See here for my original script review)
    • The darker opening flashback scene would be retained, where the Meanest Sharptooth is shown eating a small dinosaur, to make the next part more intense when the mother longneck is trying to protect her son.
    • While it would still be ambiguous whether or not there truly was a bad luck curse (as was the case in the finished film), the element from the script would remain in that nothing bad starts to happen until after one of the Saurus Rock teeth has fallen off.
    • As in the script, there'd be more time spent with the Gang wandering through the forest and getting lost on their way to and from Saurus Rock, with the forest being described as noticeably dark and creepy, to help build atmosphere. It seems to get even darker and more foreboding still after Saurus Rock is damaged and the curse (apparently) comes into effect.
    • And of course, I'd have to include Cera's epic declaration of going on a "Sharptooth Hunt". How could I not? :P
    • There'd be four Sharptooth antagonists here, which would build up to a more violent and intense climax when the characters try to fight off all four of them at once.
    • At the end, the characters would come across an area of the landscape with snow and ice, to which Grandpa points out that the world is getting colder, serving as an eventual lead-up to The Big Freeze.
VII – The Stone of Cold Fire
  • Of the fourteen films, this might be the one I would change the least.
  • A minor thing, but the Gang's dialogue at the beginning about Pterano and him getting kicked out of the herd would be removed and perhaps added into a later scene instead. It always seemed a bit too convenient to me how they talk about him, and then he just happens to show up in the Great Valley soon after despite no-one having seen him for a long time.
  • There would be a myth or legend of some kind surrounding the Stone of Cold Fire, in regards to what sort of (supposedly) extraordinary powers it contains. It would also be explained a little better exactly why Pterano, Rinkus, & Sierra want it so badly; as in, what do they believe it will do for them? (I remember it was kinda explained in the film, but I feel they could've gone further with the explanation.)
  • It'd be noted a couple times that the weather is slowly getting colder, again as a lead-up to The Big Freeze.
  • As with previous villains, Rinkus and Sierra's demise would be more clearly shown.
  • At the very end, the entire Gang would see that the Rainbow Faces are (supposedly) aliens, not just Littlefoot.
Well that's all for now. Next time I'll report in with my thoughts on #8-14. ^^
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 04:34:31 PM by StardustSoldier »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
This is something I've written before in another thread, so I'll just repost it here.

Another way would be to have Littlefoot and the gang meet Ali as they were leaving the crash site at the end of the movie and this could serve as cliffhanger for the next movie. Instead of Invasion of the Tinysaurus we'd have something like Return to the Land of Mists with Ali having a greater roll.
This idea just made me realize something: LBT should've done what the Pokémon movies did during the Sinnoh era and made a trilogy of movies that were connected.

LBT 10:

The movie begins as per usual, with Littlefoot and his grandparents leaving the Great Valley because of their sleep stories. On their way to the meteorite crash site, they're joined by herds of Longnecks; we reunite with old characters like Ali and Doc; and we meet new characters like Bron, Sue, Shorty, Rhett, etc. The rest of the gang follows behind and meets Pat like usual. The reason why Longnecks are converging and venturing out in the middle of nowhere is treated as a mystery throughout the film and is still unresolved by the end of the film; only bits and pieces of hints can be put together in this puzzle.

Because this is the tenth film, we could have cameos and/or clip show-style flashbacks of other characters and films. All the while, this new super-herd is constantly being followed by many Sharpteeth that have been habitually following the individual herds and now become occasional nuisances to the super-herd, just for action's sake. However, Chomper and his parents are among these Sharptooth, and they're not aware Littlefoot is a member of that super-herd because of its tremendous size. The film ends on a cliffhanger when Littlefoot realizes Bron is his father, just as the super-herd reaches the crash site.

LBT 11

The film begins with the super-herd entering the crash site and beginning to settle in. As they do, Littlefoot deals with the revelation that he just found his long-lost father, which makes things extremely complicated with his relationships. Eventually, Bron explains why he was never in Littlefoot's life to begin with, and they begin to bond. Bron tells Littlefoot all about what his mother was once like (perhaps even finally revealing her true name), including revealing she was a capable fighter who could hold off multiple Sharpteeth (this is important for later on). He also starts teaching Littlefoot how to lead a herd of Longnecks, which gets him close to Bron's herd, including Shorty, and also sparks a romantic relationship between him and Ali. Of course, Rhett is a butt and an antagonist about it, but he eventually gets his butt kicked.

Meanwhile, the rest of the gang is lagging behind with Pat like in canon (perhaps being aided along the way by characters like Tickles and Mo), while Grandpa decides to dig deep into the mystery of the sleep stories and soon learns of the solar eclipse. The film ends on another cliffhanger, with the Sharpteeth that had been following the super-herd, an ambivalent Chomper and his parents included, gathering en masse to take advantage of the all-you-can-eat buffet they have on their hands.

LBT 12

The film begins with Shorty jealously running away like in canon, and Littlefoot follows him to bond with him and get him back, but instead of being attacked by one Sharptooth, they're attacked by the super-pack. They're cornered, but before they're killed, the leader (who has been the biggest nuisance out of all the Sharpteeth in the trilogy) suddenly chooses to capture Littlefoot instead, while Shorty manages to run away. Through captivity, Littlefoot finally reunites with Chomper, who helps him escape. In the process, Chomper learns through his understanding of Sharptooth language that the Sharptooth leader was one of the Sharpteeth that Bron and Littlefoot's mother fought off in the past, and that he lost his mate to them as well; he recognized Bron in the herd earlier, saw him talking to Littlefoot, and put two and two together, so now, he's seeking revenge.

Littlefoot's escape triggers an epic battle between the important Longneck characters and the Sharpteeth super-pack, which is joined by the rest of the gang and Pat. Chomper and his parents rebel, with his parents helping Bron kill the Sharptooth leader. But before the rest of the super-pack could overwhelm the heroes, the solar eclipse happens, scaring off the Sharpteeth. The Longnecks carry out the mysterious tradition that has guided them through the entire trilogy, "saving the world". Afterwards, Chomper and his parents leave on good terms with the heroes. Littlefoot chooses to return to the Great Valley with his friends and grandparents rather than have a future with Bron and Ali, which they accept. The film, and therefore the trilogy, ends on a triumphant note, with Littlefoot recalling the life he's led so far, which put him on the path of this epic journey in the first place. Cue commemorative montage of all the films, one last scene of the gang returning to the Valley, and then...fade to ending credits.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I’d change everything about the Wisdom of Friends. :p

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nice list!

Thanks. :)

I'd definitely still like to share my thoughts on the remaining films, but it probably won't happen until later on this year, maybe autumn or so. (if you don't see me around much this summer, I'm just busy with some other things is all, but I'll be back after that)

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
Journey Of the Brave is one that I think needs to tweaked a bit. First I would get rid of all the annoying cartoon sound effects that plague the film. Second I would get rid of Hot and Stinky not only because I hate that song but also because it's pretty pointless and doesn't add anything to the story. Though you could argue that most LBT songs don't add anything to the story but this one especially adds nothing and it's a pretty dumb song all together. I would keep the rest of the film the same though.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Accidentally quoted my own post again.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 09:51:17 PM by LittleDas75 »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Journey Of the Brave is one that I think needs to tweaked a bit. First I would get rid of all the annoying cartoon sound effects that plague the film. Second I would get rid of Hot and Stinky not only because I hate that song but also because it's pretty pointless and doesn't add anything to the story. Though you could argue that most LBT songs don't add anything to the story but this one especially adds nothing and it's a pretty dumb song all together. I would keep the rest of the film the same though.

I’d argue Hot and Stinky should be reworked, or redux. It could be fun like Big Big Water with the right lyrics.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

I’d argue Hot and Stinky should be reworked, or redux. It could be fun like Big Big Water with the right lyrics.
Perhaps. I mean the instrumentals in the song are pretty catchy but the lyrics stink. ;)Cera

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Perhaps. I mean the instrumentals in the song are pretty catchy but the lyrics stink. ;)Cera

Nice pun and I agree.

The latter sequels (XI-XIV) have had some bad songs, the only one I thought was good was “Creepy Crawlies.”

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh yeah and one more thing I would change in XIV is to get better voice actors for Grandpa Longneck and Topsy. No offense to Barry Bostwick and George Ball but they sound nothing like Kenneth Mars and John Ingle.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Oh yeah and one more thing I would change in XIV is to get better voice actors for Grandpa Longneck and Topsy. No offense to Barry Bostwick and George Ball but they sound nothing like Kenneth Mars and John Ingle.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
This is super minor and I'm sure someone's brought it up before, but there are a few incidental lines of Littlefoot's in the Great Longneck Migration that are clearly not his actual voice actor's. They seem mostly to be lines that were added in (pickup lines for scenes where he isn't in focus or in frame, though a few are synced). If I had to change anything, it would be to redub those lines because it's clearly an older man voicing him with a pretty weird inflection.  :littlefootangry

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
And now for the second half of my Land Before Time fanfic novelization changes, following up on the first half, as well as my notes on the original film. Well this is several months later than I'd originally planned. But hey, better late than never.

Just as this was originally started in celebration of my 3,000th post, I decided I'd do up the remaining sequels in celebration of my 3,250th post.
:celebrate

VIII – The Big Freeze
  • As with The Mysterious Island, this would be expanded and adapted into two separate books. Since, as with the former film, I felt certain parts of Big Freeze could've been longer. "The Big Freeze - Part 1" would cover everything up to the point where Spike leaves the Great Valley with the Spiketail herd. Which would in fact be the very closing scene, of Ducky getting mad at Spike and telling him to leave, and then he departs with the rest of the herd. The others all somberly watch him leave...
  • "Part 2" would begin with the Gang building the Spike snowman. Then the scene of Mama Swimmer giving Ducky the pep talk would come after that, instead of before. Likewise, in the book it would take Ducky longer before she really starts to miss Spike and then heads out after him, whereas in the film it happens much quicker. (Although Ducky taking longer to venture out after Spike would also mean that he'd have covered more distance by then, and Ducky knows this, but still goes after him anyway.)
  • The Sharptooth would be removed. The main tension and dangers would come from the ever-increasing blizzard, other environmental hazards, and potential food starvation, the threat of which would be played up. Thus, Part 1 would mostly be a character drama, whereas Part 2 would be more actionized. Although both parts would break from the tradition of previous LBT entries in that there wouldn't really be a distinct villain.
  • Despite the seriousness of the winter setting, the part with the Spiketails sliding around and crashing into each other would still be appropriately silly.
  • Most of the rest of the story would play out fairly similar, but the ending would be changed, having a much more bittersweet air. Spike would ultimately end up leaving the Great Valley for good with the rest of the Spiketails, but he and Ducky would have a chance to reconcile before he does. His friends would say one final goodbye to him, before he leaves for good, although still with the promise that they'll all see each other again one day...
  • This would mean that Spike would be absent from most of the future installments, and the Gang's adventures from here on would simply consist of Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, and Petrie.
IX – Journey to Big Water
  • The beginning of the story would focus on the characters in a somber mood (instead of simply being bored), as they feel a sense of emptiness now that Spike is no longer with them. This is something that would come up again a few times later on in the story. The Gang is shown trying to cope with the aftermath of him being gone and adjusting to the new status quo. Ducky misses him the most of all.
    • This would also alter Mo's role a bit, or at least the impact he has on the others. Since his cheerfulness and energy would help liven up the Gang's spirits, who still feel a sense of emptiness now that Spike is no longer with them.
  • Meeting Mo and the initial set-up of helping guide him back to his home would be the same, but then the journey to the Big Water would be shortened considerably. Namely, they'd arrive at the ocean a little before the halfway point. From there on, the rest of the story would be a full-on ocean adventure that never happened in the film.
    • Although a few general details would remain, such as the Swimming Sharptooth, and Mrs. Mama and her hatchlings.
    • Mo's family would also have a much larger role. Instead of Mo reuniting with them at the very end, he'd reunite with them sooner and they too would come along for the ocean adventure.
  • The ending would be a bit more bittersweet. Not as much as in The Big Freeze, but ultimately the Gang would have to part ways with Mo too.
#10-12 are the only films I've seen exactly one time (all the others I've watched at least twice), and it was a while ago at that. Thus, I don't have as many ideas for these since they're not as fresh in my mind. I may need to watch them again sometime to come up with some more thoughts. Still, there were a few things I thought of:

X – The Great Longneck Migration
  • Another two-parter. The cliffhanger ending for "Part 1" would be when they discover Bron and Grandpa says, "Littlefoot, this is your father," and then Littlefoot gets upset and runs off.
  • As mentioned previously, Ali would finally be reintroduced here, reuniting with Littlefoot at the Longneck gathering area, and she would have a prominent supporting role for the rest of the story.
    • Although I am torn about what she would do at the very end, whether she would head off with Littlefoot and his friends back to the Great Valley, or if she'd be like Bron and would go her separate way. The former would mean she could be a more prominent character in the series from this point on, which I like the idea of. But I also feel that, narrative-wise, it kinda makes more sense for her character to head off again with her own migrating herd. Although at the very least with the latter, we'd still get to see her again eventually come "The Brave Longneck Scheme".
XI – Invasion of the Tinysauruses
As ridiculous as the plot is, I'd probably keep it. Maybe with some tweaks here and there, but most of the story would stay the same. Rather, it's the tone I'd change. Unlike all the rest of my novelizations which would be mostly serious, this one would be deliberately written as an absurd and wacky comedy.

XII – The Great Day of the Flyers
This installment, meanwhile, would be reimagined as a character drama with little to no action. Since I always found the action scenes kinda forced in this one, and a part of me feels it would've been better if they'd taken out the action scenes entirely and made it just about the character interactions.

Although that said, I like the concept of Guido's sleepwalking. There's something kinda mystical about it, and perhaps if it'd been more fleshed-out, it could've led somewhere interesting. Related to that, Guido's backstory would be more elaborated on in my novel.

XIII – The Wisdom of Friends
Now for this installment, hehe...

Well, as it happens, I've always really liked the basic premise: The Gang of Five being forced into a leadership position and having to guide another group of lost dinosaurs through the dangerous wilderness, to the safe haven that lies at the end of it all. I like it because it mirrors what the Gang themselves went through in the very first film, and I also like that Wisdom of Friends has other similarities to the original film as well. It's just a shame that while the original was so heartfelt and serious, this one is all wacky and ridiculous.

Thus, my novelization idea for #13 was to rewrite it as a much darker story that resembled the first film's journey even more closely, but with the Gang as older and wiser mentors to the younger group of Yellowbellies. The Yellowbellies themselves would still have somewhat goofy and fun-loving personalities, but it'd be toned down from what it was in the film. The Sharptooth quartet would remain as the main antagonists, but they'd likewise be played much more seriously. As in, while the first installment had one terrifying Sharptooth for the heroes to contend with, this story would have four terrifying Sharpteeth for them to contend with.

The TV series
This would have been done as a series of short story collections, with the short stories inside being adaptations of the TV series episodes. The stories would be spread out across four books total. There'd have been at least 32 stories (possibly even more); the 26 episodes of the show, plus six new story ideas I had to help fill in the missing gaps that the TV series itself never covered. Namely:
  • Two new episodes/stories dedicated to Ruby and Chomper's origin (without the rest of the Gang appearing), explaining how Chomper got separated from his parents and ended up in Ruby's care, and fleshing out their respective backstories more in general. For that matter, a third new story to give Red Claw a more elaborate backstory too, and possibly Screech and Thud as well.
    • By extension, Ruby and Chomper wouldn't appear in the first few stories/episodes of the series, which would be rewritten to mostly just focus on Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, and Petrie.
  • Since Ruby and Chomper would be introduced partway into the series, there would be another new episode dedicated to Chomper reuniting with his friends in the Great Valley, and introducing them to his new friend Ruby.
  • To a lesser extent, a couple of the episodes that I originally felt could've been expanded on and fleshed out into a two-parter (namely "The Brave Longneck Scheme" and "The Big Longneck Test") would indeed be expanded into two stories each here (for a total of four), or at least one longer story each.
Other ideas/changes:
  • For the overall timeline, it would be more clearly established that the TV series takes place between the 13th and 14th films (which was implied in the official canon but not outright stated).
  • After a long absence, Spike would return to the Great Valley in "The Forbidden Friendship" with the rest of the wandering Spiketail herd, leading to a very happy reunion with him and the rest of the Gang. Spike would then remain with them for the remainder of the series.
XIV – Journey of the Brave
This would be written as the grand finale of the series. It would also be expanded into three books; the basic story of the film would remain, but with some additions.

Part 1:
  • Would focus solely on the Gang of Five's initial adventure. Up to the point where Littlefoot and Cera have their fight, Littlefoot separates from the others, and then the sandstorm approaches, ending on a cliffhanger.
  • The fight itself would be more vicious, and more reminiscent of the fight they had all the way back in the first movie.
  • The order of events would be altered slightly. After Ruby and Chomper are seen having their initial hide and seek game, they wouldn't appear again until Part 2...
Part 2:
  • ...which would then open with the scene of Chomper and Ruby going to Littlefoot's grandparents, concerned about the Gang's disappearance. Which would then lead to Chomper, Ruby, Wild Arms, Mr. Threehorn, and Grandpa Longneck heading out in search of the Gang. Unlike in the film, Grandma Longneck would also come along for the adventure, and possibly a few other characters as well. Part 2 would thus put more focus on the adventure that these guys have, as much of an adventure as the Gang of Five already had, encountering their own dangers and obstacles too.
    • The GoF themselves would still appear, but would have much less focus in Part 2. At the very least, the narrative would cover their escape from the sandstorm and Littlefoot meeting Etta.
  • The Horned Sharptooth would still appear (and the Featherhead Sharpteeth in Part 1), but they wouldn't be the main antagonists. Instead... *drumroll*... Red Claw would make his grand comeback here, along with Screech and Thud. Since the conflict with them never got a proper resolution in the TV series, Journey of the Brave would be rewritten to make them the "final boss" of The Land Before Time and give their story arc closure.
    • It would also make sense for Ruby and Chomper's gang to be the first to encounter Red Claw, since Ruby and Chomper have a deeper connection with Red Claw than the other characters.
Part 3:
  • The Gang of Five would reunite with Ruby and Chomper and the others before rescuing Bron here. The journey through the volcano would be fleshed out into its own mini-adventure, and would be reminiscent of the trek through the volcanic area in the first film.
  • An expanded climax, not just the characters rescuing Bron, but Red Claw and his minions would appear for one final showdown...
  • Way back in my Sequels Personal Ranking, I stated that I thought Bron should've died, but now I'm not so sure. On one hand, it could've made the final battle and ending more emotional and gut-wrenching. But on the other hand, it seems perhaps a bit too harsh for Littlefoot to end up losing both his parents. That, and I think I would've wanted the final installment to end on an overall happier note. Regardless, the danger of Bron possibly dying would be played up.
In general, with this being the finale of the series, a majority of the guest characters throughout the films/TV series would reappear here. Especially Ali and Shorty.

Also, it dawned on me just now that, had I actually gotten around to writing all of these, there would've been 23 books total! XD (the 14 films, plus three for the LBT 5, 8, & 10 two-parters, plus another two for LBT 14 being expanded into a trilogy, and then four books for the TV series) Which would have been a big commitment indeed, even bigger than when I originally conceived this project back in 2019. Hence why this almost certainly would have been too massive a project for me to actually finish. But still, it was a fun thought exercise.

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
The parts in bold are the parts I have nothing against and just feel like that should have happened.

-General-

1. Remove the Land Before Time II, V, IV, VII, and XIV from existence and make III the sequel and XII the final installment.

2. Also remove Chomper and his parents, Ruby, Pterano, Tria, Rinkus and Sierra, Ali, Ichy and Dil, Old One, Ozzy and Strut, Etta, and Wild Arms from existence.

3. Make the Tiny Longnecks Mussaurus rather than just a fictional genus called Tinysaurus.

4. Remove the songs Standing Tough, The Lone Dinosaur song, Bad Luck, Mad song, Family, Imaginary Friends, Boring, Big Water, Adventuring, Creepy Crawlies, One of A Kind, and Flip Flap and Fly.

6. Remove Kyle Kenneth Batter from the Great Day of The Flyers and leave the scoring job only to Michael Tavera.

7. Remove James Horner's original score from the sequels and only let Tavera make his versions of Horner's score.

8. Make Ducky as smart as Cera or Littlefoot and not about as dumb as Patrick Star. The same goes for Spike, who is far dumber.

9. Hire Tara Strong, Nika Futterman, Sandy Fox, or anyone that can sound like The Land Before Time 1 Cera, Ducky, and Mama Flyer from 1995 all the way to 2006.

10. Make every background Apatosaurus, Triceratops, and Pteranodon look like one another at the most and not add so many physically different variations.

11. Make the animation more sensical and not have the character violently shake when he/she screams or roars and removing the animation errors.

12. Do something so Cera's Mother and Papa Swimmer frequently are with the grownups and not have them as parents who neglect their children.

13. Do something so not all Ankylosaurus have eyelashes.

14. Make the female non-Sharptooth characters have eyelashes. For freak sakes, why do the females frequently look like the males?! Only a few cartoons do that.

15. Make the characters' eyebrows less pronounced. Cartoons rarely ever do that and not even Don Bluth's other films did that.

16. Make Petrie's grammar just like in the Land Before Time 1 and not have him gradually get worse at grammar.

17. Make all Sharpteeth more intimidating and look more photorealistic like Sharptooth from the Land Before Time movie cover.

18. Make all different Sharpteeth sound distinct and not have the freaking repetitive "grunt grunt hiss" sounds that start from Journey To Big Water.

19. Get rid of the elderly baggy eyes that a ton of middle aged characters have in this franchise.

20. Give the Brachiosaurus taller crests and sloped backs.

21. Get rid of the Muttaburasaurus' duck bill and give them a spike thumb as this was thought to be accurate in 1995.

22. Make Hyp's father a little shorter than Littlefoot who I think should be as tall as his grandparents' legs rather than only be about the size of their heads and make them look more like a real Hypsilophodon than a freak theropod/ornithopod hybrid.

23. Give the Iguanodon 5 fingers.

24. Make the Ankylosaurus look like the one in the Land Before Time 2 except make it look like a Don Bluth creation.

-The Time of the Great Giving-

1. Do something so Hyp does not brag about being tall and have him brag about being older as Hypsilophodon in real life were small.

2. Make Hyp's father a little shorter than Littlefoot who I think should be as tall as his grandparents' legs rather than only be about the size of their heads.

3. Make the Chasmosaurus a Triceratops and make those quilled theropods Velociraptor.

4. Give the Quetzalcoatlus long necks and straighter beaks rather than have their upper jaw bend downward and their lower jaw bend upward so their mouth never closes properly.

-The Secret of Saurus Dinosaur Rock-

-The Big Freeze-

-Journey to The Sea-

-The Great Longneck Migration-

-Invasion of the Tiny Longnecks-

-The Great Day of the Flyers-

« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 06:04:46 PM by Mr. Clubtail »