The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Dreams?

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I had a LBT dream that a new movie was coming out with Pterano, Rainbow Faces, and Guido as returning characters. :olittlefoot

But then things got weird. :areyouserious

In the new movie, Ducky died :(petrie The commercial showed Ducky's gravestone.

Sorry Ducky :sducky

Oh jeez!  :rhett_ohsnap Not poor Ducky!  :lfsadface That would be the saddest movie ever!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I had a most unusual experience where I had a dream involving many things happening and combining, and I led to an unusual circumstance where I dreamt I was part of a collab between me, @rhombus, and @RainbowFaceProtege.

Sad to say I barely remember much of what happened, only the sheer emotions that Ducky was feeling as her life fell into pieces. A few of the only concrete things I remember:
- Ducky was supposed to perform a role in a play meant to gain them an amazing investment (this part made no sense). I remember that she did an amazing job (it was basically like theater drama and she was making fun of clumsy Guido-like antics as fate itself seemed against her that I wish I can remember because I recall her emotional acting was spot-on.
- Through no fault of her own the deal fell through and all of her acting and insecurities came bursting to the forefront. Now all her bad luck is actually real.
- The way back to the valley was depressing because Petrie consistently blamed Ducky.
- Spike disappeared midway and it turned to be due to yell, which Ducky worked out meant yellowbellies, causing her to have a complete mental breakdown. Now this is where it gets weird because I remember reacting aversely as though Rhombus has wrote this bit of humor, because I personally remember that I had wanted to draw out Ducky's guilt and tragedy while knowing that he wrote this specifically to end on a lighter note compared to all the despondency early on...which actually fits our writing styles, ironically.

I know I shouldn't laugh because I actually felt bad for dream Ducky. I actually remember feeling snubbed that I can't remember a bulk of the dream fic (I wish I can describe the first part and most of the journey home because it was really emotional but I can't remember why beyond superficial details). Dream Ducky was really distraught.

It was...really interesting. A rare LBT dream, and it turns out to be both a sad one and be about writing.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
@OwlsCantRead Wow, that dream sounds like a doozy. I just wanna know what part of this wacky collab story I was responsible for... :lol I should probably feel more sympathetic towards poor Ducky, but now I can't quit laughing at the thought of her having a "complete mental breakdown" over Spike being taken by yell/yellowbellies!

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
The poor tradegy of Ducky.  :rhett_sad Jeez, it seems like she is having terrible fortune in our dreams. Getting eaten by sharpteeth, getting a gravestone, and now this.  :sducky

Well at least Spike now get's to join the yellowbellies with Foobie. He'll make a great addition.  :PCera

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@OwlsCantRead Wow, that dream sounds like a doozy. I just wanna know what part of this wacky collab story I was responsible for... :lol I should probably feel more sympathetic towards poor Ducky, but now I can't quit laughing at the thought of her having a "complete mental breakdown" over Spike being taken by yell/yellowbellies!
I can't actually remember, but I think you were being the proactive one and calling for a collab between us to start with or the one who suggested the setting. As far as I recall, there hasn't been a lot, but the collab stories that have been written Rhombus is a part of like Mender's Tale, so it's totally in-character for both you and him.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Man at least y'all are actually having cool dreams that are worth noting down. I rarely ever dream, leave alone dream about my fandoms :(
Inactive, probably forever.

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I had a dream where my family went on a car trip, and we went past this airport, and there were enslaved Longnecks  :rhett_ohno. Some people just enslaved them for the labor. They were just pulling these planes and cargo and a bunch of other stuff, and they looked really sad. Weird, right?
Go Chomper!

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@Little Bro Oh shoot! Poor guys!  :rhett_ohsnap Hopefully this won't be a thing in the third Jurassic World movie.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Finally had another LBT-related dream last night. Haven't had one for many months. :D

I was watching the TV series, and Rhett appeared in a second episode, beyond his initial appearance in "The Brave Longneck Scheme". Rhett had done something mischievous; I don't remember what exactly, but the rest of the Great Valley residents, including Littlefoot, decided to punish him by not letting him have any of their food. Rhett got mad and tried to kill Littlefoot by pushing a giant boulder onto him. The boulder chased Littlefoot and one other dinosaur down this long tunnel, but Littlefoot and the other dinosaur were ultimately able to escape. Rhett wasn't happy about that, but oh well. Still better than the last time I had an LBT-related dream in which Rhett appeared and then got eaten by Red Claw. :p

Then the dream kept going and drifted away from LBT. I don't remember much else, but at one point @ImpracticalDino was wanting me to play Minecraft with him, since last night he'd played Minecraft with @OwlsCantRead and this time around ID wanted to play with me instead. (the three of us have played Minecraft together before irl)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I had a short one that I couldn't remember much of because I fell asleep again, but I imagined a Land Before Time CYOA-style game (choose your own adventure). One of the options ended in a technicolor like experience where I saw many cel-shaded title cards with a remix of If We Hold On Together playing. I wish I remember the lyrics as they were slightly changed. It was quite an emotional dream. Shame my alarm woke me midway and I dozed off into a followup dream so it's hazy for me.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I had a short one that I couldn't remember much of because I fell asleep again, but I imagined a Land Before Time CYOA-style game (choose your own adventure). One of the options ended in a technicolor like experience where I saw many cel-shaded title cards with a remix of If We Hold On Together playing. I wish I remember the lyrics as they were slightly changed. It was quite an emotional dream. Shame my alarm woke me midway and I dozed off into a followup dream so it's hazy for me.

Darn! Why is is that when you're having a good dream it has to end prematurely? So unfair how we're being treated like this. :(

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Darn! Why is is that when you're having a good dream it has to end prematurely? So unfair how we're being treated like this. :(
Because I had a Zoom call upcoming. :ChomperOhhh
The title cards were Tom-and-Jerry-esque Technicolor titles. I remember a small Littlefoot with "The Life of Littlefoot", a nest with "The Life of Ducky".
The only line I remember was "Shall we hold on together~"

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Yeah, important stuff usually stop all the fun you're having.

The title cards were Tom-and-Jerry-esque Technicolor titles. I remember a small Littlefoot with "The Life of Littlefoot", a nest with "The Life of Ducky".
The only line I remember was "Shall we hold on together~"

That's interesting. The line is slightly different from the real version, then. :o

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last night I dreamt I decided to watch the original film again, but it had these totally different scenes in place of what actually happens in the movie.

I remember there were the five main kids on a circular rocky plateau with a fire in the middle. My mind told me that this was the equivalent part in the film to when Sharptooth appears for the very first time and attacks. Even though Ducky, Petrie, and Spike hadn’t been properly introduced yet, they were still present in this scene. Curiously, Mama Longneck herself was absent despite her role in the Sharptooth battle in the film proper. In the dream, Sharptooth still showed up to terrorize the kids, but instead there was also this older dinosaur who was a bit like Rooter, and he told Cera to "use the fire." So then there was this random newspaper(!) lying on the ground, and Cera picked it up in her mouth and brought it over to the fire in the center of the plateau. The newspaper caught on fire, and then that caused the area around them to catch fire, which then scared Sharptooth off, and the five kids went running away as well.

Then there was Cera wandering around by herself. I think this was the equivalent to the (brief) moment in the film when she gets separated from her father and calls out to him, but he’s on the other side of the Earthshake chasm. In the dream, she came upon this big grey dinosaur lying there who looked like her father at first and she nudged him, saying, "Daddy?" But then he got up and glared at her and it wasn’t her father after all. A couple other big dinosaurs walked by and stared at Cera ominously, but then they just kept going on and didn’t do anything.

Then the next scene was Littlefoot wading through some tar in this underground cavern area, with either Ducky or Petrie resting on his head, and there was also this dinosaur skeleton they passed under. I’m not exactly sure what part of the film this was supposed to represent, if anything, although my mind told me that the really sad scene where Littlefoot finds his mother after the Earthshake was still coming up. But, alas, the dream ended soon after.

I wish I could’ve remembered more of the dream. It was really interesting to be able to see an "alternate cut" of the movie like that. :!

I forget when exactly in the dream it happened, but I do vaguely recall one other part with the dinosaur kids singing a song together, which would’ve been interesting as it could’ve meant that this "alternate cut" was a musical like the sequels were.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 09:47:28 AM by StardustSoldier »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
@StardustSoldier Now I'm giggling over the image of Cera frightening a sharptooth away with help from some "random newspaper." The fact that your Rooter-clone sounded like he was telling her the LBT equivalent of "use the force" only makes it funnier! :lol

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Lol, I didn't even think about how "use the fire" seems so much like "use the force." But I am a big Star Wars fan and so maybe my mind was projecting that part subconsciously.

Oh, and I also remember the Rooter clone was a light pink colour. :p

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I had plenty of LBT dreams, some are written in my dream diary.

I remember one particular, that LBT gang went to mesa in some barren wasteland similar to desert, because they wanted to find out, if there lives a Pope. But when they got near it, there were many big Sharpteeth, who immediately ran towards them, and attacked. The gang tried to escape, and that is the end, it did end before they reached them.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Lol, the Gang meets the Pope. That sounds like a pretty crazy dream. :P

It's been a long time now since my last LBT dream, but I'll be sure to post in here again whenever I do have another one. I miss dreaming about LBT.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Finally had another LBT dream when I went down for my afternoon nap today. :)

I dreamt Littlefoot came to this grassy field area at nighttime and there were a couple people there. As soon as he entered, one of the people immediately said to him, "You're just in time!" And then they started playing hide and seek! One of the people began to count down from two minutes, and it was Littlefoot's turn to go hide. He ran up this medieval castle/tower with a spiral staircase, all the way to the rooftop (in under two minutes, no less), but there was nowhere for him to hide up there since the rooftop was a wide open area. So he quickly ran down to the floor just below the rooftop. But that didn't have a good hiding spot either, so he ran down to the next floor below it. Just as his two minutes was about to end, he ran into a bedroom and dived under the bed. Alas, that was when I woke up.

Not nearly as strange as some of my other dreams, but still a bit peculiar.
 :petrieLOL

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Aw-w-w, Mu-u-ud Brother gets lucky once again! When will Mo-o-o-o get another LBT dream? :Mo :P
It's been such a long time since I got an LBT dream, and only one LBT dream ever as a matter of fact, lol.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...