The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

sequel with darkest story

dragoonanime

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I think it was interesting how there were 4 sequels were something changed the valley for the worse resulting in the herd leaving in two of them for a while.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I don't think any of the sequels could be considered "dark" per say, but if we're talking about the sequel that was the most serious with the most mature topic, that would definitely be LBT 4 because it deals with death.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
I voted 13
Why?
I seem to recall those yellow belly clowns as scary.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I voted for LBT IV, for the same reason as Landbeforetimelover.  It also had perhaps the scariest close call in a sequel, which was when Ducky was dropped by Ichy, ended up with her lights knocked out, and was almost eaten by Dil.  The first time I saw that one, I thought she was a goner (dead folks float in water) :(.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'd say either 4 since it deals with a possible death of Littlefoot's grandfather, and for a while there it does look like Ducky may be dead or soon will be.  Possibly parts of 7 the deal with kidnapping and such, though it's spoiled by various elements such as the et dinos.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
To be honest I still think LBT13 is the darkest.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Definately 4 and 7.

Both dealt with darker and more mature topics (death and kidnapping respectively).

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
Land before Time 4   :)
the same idea as everyone elses

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I actually thought the beginning of LBT 13 was really quite dark, among the darkest moments in the series so far.  Still, I have a hard time calling LBT 13 dark overall.

I would probably go with LBT 7 and Pterano's character.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I do find LBT 13 dark especially the yellow bellies.

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
i would say its definitely either 4 or 7 for the reasons already mentioned here.

one scene in particular i do find slightly disturbing in LBT 7 is the flashback scene where, i think its Littlefoot's grandparents, or someone explaining what happened when Pterano broke off and took alot of the herd with him.

we don't actually see any dinosaurs being directly attacked during the flashback, but the look of horror on Pterano's face during it and merely imagining what is happening to all of them is a bit chilling.

Given the very kid friendly nature of the sequels up to that point, im surprised that scene even made it into the movie.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Dunno if I could really brand any of the sequels as "dark" exactly. There's nothing particularly sinister about any of them apart from the odd event. Like in LBT 13, the start of that was a bit of a shocker to witness given how the rest of the movie pans out. I guess, if I absolutely HAD to place a darkest plot sticker on one of the sequels, I'd say 4 since (as most of you have already said) it has the closest dealings with death. But I still wouldn't class it fully as a dark story  :p

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I was very pleased with the beginning of LBT 13.  Though I had no desire to watch Grandma die, it did have subject matter that was significantly more mature than in earlier sequels.  Unfortunately it went from being the most mature sequel to the least with those crazy ass yellow bellies. :rolleyes: LBT 13 is definitely my least favorite sequel.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jun 19 2009 on  04:52 AM
I was very pleased with the beginning of LBT 13.  Though I had no desire to watch Grandma die, it did have subject matter that was significantly more mature than in earlier sequels.  Unfortunately it went from being the most mature sequel to the least with those crazy ass yellow bellies. :rolleyes: LBT 13 is definitely my least favorite sequel.
Wait...Grandma Longneck dies? What the hell happened in that movie?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No, though I dislike saying spoilers, she doesn't die in that movie.  The movie starts off ok, but becomes pretty silly.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Not from what we've heard so far. News has spread that the LBT offices have since packed up and shipped out so it doesn't look likely to be any more LBT for a while.

Invaderbecky

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I didn't vote for it, but I think the first one has some dark moments, like when Littlefoot mom dies that fight with the T-Rex, there was also that scene where Petrie was thought to have died, Ducky was so sad. I never saw the 4th as being the dark, even with the Grandpa possiblity of dieing but that's just me. I saw the 7th as being dark for one Pteraon was watching those meat eaters killing off those dinos, then one just dropping over the edge to her doom and he did nothing to help. Well those are my opinions. I never saw the 13th one.