The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Geography Game

lbt/cty_lover · 3079 · 136578

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Danbury, Connecticut, a city in the USA.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
›ylanly, a a town and capital of Gurbansoltan Eje District in the Daşoguz Province of Turkmenistan. As of 2009 it had an estimated population of 26,901.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
›ylanly, a a town and capital of Gurbansoltan Eje District in the Daşoguz Province of Turkmenistan. As of 2009 it had an estimated population of 26,901.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yemen - A country on the southern end of the Arabian Peninsula. It has a land area of 555,000 square kilometers and a population of about 24 million. Its name in Arabic is "Al Yaman", which means "The South". It was part of the Ottoman Empire until its independence in 1918. It was split into North Yemen and South Yemen in 1962, then reunited on May 22, 1990.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Norfolk Island is the only non-mainland Australian territory to have achieved self-governance. Also, the train leaves at Norfolk.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Kuwait - A small country on the Persian Gulf between Saudi Arabia and Iraq. Its name comes from the Arabic "akwat" which is plural for "fortress built near water". It was created after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire at the end of WWI and gained independence from Britain on June 19, 1961. It's massive oil fields were discovered in the late 1930s. It was invaded by Iraq on August 2, 1990 and liberated by U.S. led forces on February 26, 1991. As the Iraqi forces retreated, they dumped 11 million barrels of oil into the Persian Gulf (the largest oil spill in the world to this day) and set fire to many of the oil wells. It took up to 9 months to put out all of the fires and more than 2 years to rebuild the infrastructure for exporting oil.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Tilamook - a city in Oregon famous for it's cheese factories. "World Famous," according to their website.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Kip is a village in Croatia, population 182. It is connected by the D5 highway.

(Since I joined this thread I have been waiting for somebody to post a place ending in P, but finally I've decided to give up and do it myself. Too bad I won't get to post my place though, someone else gets to :p)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Puerto Rico - An island territory of the United States in the Caribbean Sea. Its name is Spanish for "Rich Port" and was claimed for Spain by Christopher Columbus during his second voyage to the new world. Despite separate attempts by the English, French, and Dutch to capture the island, Spain held onto it until after the Spanish-American War in 1898, when it ceded the colony (along with Guam and the Philippines) to the United States. It has been officially called a Commonwealth since 1947, despite numerous votes on whether it should become a state or an independent country.

The way I see it, if anything is going to eventually become the 51st state, my money is on Puerto Rico.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Oceania - a continent composed of Australia, New Zealand and the surrounding islands. There is some debate whether Oceania is a continent or if Australia is the continent, not least because the highest mountain in Australia is different from the highest mountain in Oceania.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Since you want a place that ends in a P, I decided to do a little searching and found one.)

Antwerp - A city in Belgium, it is the capital of the Antwerp Province, has a population of nearly 500,000, and has one of the largest seaports in Europe. The golden age of this city lasted through much of the 16th century (becoming the second largest European city north of the Alps by 1560), but ended after it was sacked by the Spanish on November 4, 1576. After Napoleon captured the city, he attempted to enlarge the port to rival that of London, but lost his war before he got a chance to finish it. The city also hosted the 1920 Summer Olympics.

- Berix

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Plentywood- A small town in Sheridan County, which makes up the far northeast corner of the state of Montana.  It has a population of 1,734.  A local tall tale suggests that the name of the nearby Plentywood Creek, after which the city was named, comes from a search for firewood.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(D'oh! Thanks for the gesture anyway, Chronicler. I was gonna post Pelvanida :p)

Dartmouth - An ivy league college on New Hampshire, for liberal arts majors.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(I'd like to see what you have to say about that place, so I found another chance for you. (and an interesting one, too :lol ))

Happy Camp - A town in California with a population of just over 1,000 and located near the northern border. Some roads out of town (like the one that leads to Oregon) are seasonal, which means you can't use them during the winter. The town is also located within the proposed state of Jefferson, which has been trying to secede from California and Oregon since World War 2.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Pelvanida is a research station located in the deserts of Nevada. It focuses on experimental weaponry and ceased to exist in July of 2009. :p

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Agadez - With a population of 88,500, it is the largest city in the northern part of Niger, an African country in the Sahara Desert. The city was founded in the 14th century and became a major part of trans-Saharan trade. It was also briefly controlled by the Ottoman Empire, it's furthest extent in Africa, before it came under French rule in 1900.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(It's been a while since this game has seen any activity, and I'd like to bring it back.)

Zanzibar - One of the large islands just off the coast of Tanzania in East Africa. Settled by Arab traders as early as the middle ages, the island became British territory in the late 19th century. It gained independence in December 1963, but just four months later, it merged with Tanganyika (the mainland part of modern Tanzania) to form the United Republic of Tanzania. A town on this island (also named Zanzibar) was the site of the shortest war in history, the Anglo-Zanzibar war, which took place on the morning of August 27, 1896, and lasted for just 38 minutes. This island is also the birthplace of Freddie Mercury of the rock band Queen.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Okay, why not?

Rabelais University - A French college named after the satirist. I picked it solely because it's named after an author I read recently in class, and his stuff was awesome and hilarious. His pastiche on the education system reminded me of my actual college so accurately I couldn't stop laughing.

All their life was spent not in laws, statutes, or rules, but according to their own free will and pleasure. They rose out of their beds when they thought good; they did eat, drink, labour, sleep, when they had a mind to it and were disposed for it. None did awake them, none did offer to constrain them to eat, drink, nor to do any other thing; for so had Gargantua established it. In all their rule and strictest tie of their order there was but this one clause to be observed,

Do What Thou Wilt;

because men that are free, well-born, well-bred, and conversant in honest companies, have naturally an instinct and spur that prompteth them unto virtuous actions, and withdraws them from vice, which is called honour. Those same men, when by base subjection and constraint they are brought under and kept down, turn aside from that noble disposition by which they formerly were inclined to virtue, to shake off and break that bond of servitude wherein they are so tyrannously enslaved; for it is agreeable with the nature of man to long after things forbidden and to desire what is denied us

If you're a college student, you'd understand it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yemen- country on the arabian peninsula, was divided into north and south until the end of the cold war..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(nick, you're supposed to start your location with the last letter of the previous location)

Ngulu - A tiny completely forgettable atoll that apparently has 26 people on it according to Wikipedia. I know it because when I played "Spin the globe with your eyes closed and see where you point to" as a kid, I got it twice in a row.