The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

News on LBT 12!

Threehorn · 347 · 32490

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The cover is Danish. Quite remarkable, I don't remember I've ever seen any but the English cover before the official release of the movie. It makes me hope that I might not have to wait for almost a year again before the German DvD is out. While I prefer the English original I'm still curious about the translations. When there was such a long time between the English and the German release I often had to be either very patient or else get the English version and later on the German (as the German language version is never included on the English DvD).

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know, I was looking at the cover and I think I noticed something that was missing from this one to the one on all known covers.  Can anyone guess? :)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Ducky and Spike missing from the picture of the cover

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They were missing in previous covers too though. In case of LBT XI there was no maincharacter except for Littlefoot. I suppose Pokeplayer means something different, but I can't tell what it is.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
That could be it, especially if the filmmakers have decided that they like focusing on Littlefoot, and putting the others in the background more, like they did last time.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It is indeed something else, Malte. (Geez!  How do you pronunce your name?)

Okay, here it is.  Unless I am mistaken, I believe this is the only one where they didn't draw Littlefoot's teeth. :blink:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
But there weren't any teeth of Littlefoot's in the cover of LBT 10 and LBT 7 either.
As for my name, most American's during my exchange just couldn't pronounce it correctly (one exception) and many of them started calling me Mike.
Especially the final e sound seems to give trouble to native English speakers (though it isn't to far from the way e is pronounced at the end of "the"). When they tried to say Malte it sounded ("translated" into German spelling) like Maita or Moulti (they nicknamed me "Multi Purpose" for "Malte Pattberg"  :lol)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whoops! :slap

Thanks for correcting me there, Malte. :)

Oh and with your name, I've lately been leaving the e out when trying to pronounce it.  Basically, Malt. :D

Now I know just how impossible it is for me to pronounce it correctly. -_-

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Malt is another "variant" of how my name used to be pronounced in America. I don't really get what it is, that makes the name so difficult. There is not a sound in it which doesn't occur in English as well.  :rolleyes:
Here are examples of each sound and where it occurs in English (I'm not talking about the spelling but about the phonetics):
M as in mere
a as in cut
l as in leer
t as in tier
e as in fell

The italics mark the letters whose English pronounciation matches the sound in the pronounciation of my name. The example words are taken from J. D. O'Connor's "Better English Pronunciation".

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Your name is MaltÈ?! You ponctuate the e? I always thought it was a normal e :o
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Interesting (both Malte's name and Littlefoot's sudden lack of teeth).

But do you suppose my theory holds any water? That the filmmakers decided that they like focusing almost solely on Littlefoot?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Your name is MaltÈ?! You ponctuate the e? I always thought it was a normal e.
It is not left out, but it is not accentuated that way it is in many French words. As I said, the way it is in the English word fell... actually I see where your assumption is comming from (and many English speakers problems about that e sound come to that) it is pronounced slightly different from the way most English would pronounce it. If herd similar "e"s being pronounced in Scotland, but they seem to be less common in the rest of the English speaking world. I suppose as a Portugese you have less problem to pronounce it than our native English speakers (there were many Portugese at our secondary school which held strong contacts with several schools in Portugal. None of them ever had any problems pronouncing the name) ;)

Back to the actual topic.
But do you suppose my theory holds any water? That the filmmakers decided that they like focusing almost solely on Littlefoot?
While this might be a tendence for the covers I wouldn't agree to the theory if it comes to the movie's content. Littlefoot has always been a central character, but plotlines focusing on Petrie's flying problem coming along with subplots about Cera getting a stepsister / stepbrother from Tria don't really sound like a spotlight on Littlefoot that would neglect the others. Not more at least than we saw in previous sequels. In fact I suppose this sequel may focus less on Littlefoot in particular than some earlier sequels did.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Actually, Cera's getting a half-brother or half-sister. They will share the same father but have a different mother, so they're related in a most unusual way. I wonder how they will handle the hatching scene...

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
They might do the same trick they did in #2 and have the hatch scene during the end credits.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Littlefoot has always been a central character, but plotlines focusing on Petrie's flying problem coming along with subplots about Cera getting a stepsister / stepbrother from Tria don't really sound like a spotlight on Littlefoot that would neglect the others. Not more at least than we saw in previous sequels. In fact I suppose this sequel may focus less on Littlefoot in particular than some earlier sequels did.

Very good point there Malte (I also can't pronounce the poor guy's name properly despite actually talking to you in person LOL  :lol ). An aspect of LBT that I had noticed but only really in the later movies that besides Littlefoot taking centre stage (most of the time) there was always some means of a subplot involving the other characters. LBT 7 it was Petrie and his reunion with his Uncle Pterano, LBT 8 was Ducky troubles with potentially losing Spike to the migrating Spiektail herd, #9 was more around Littlefoot, 10 was again mostly about Littlefoot but there was also the gang's determination to find him again. And #11 was Cera having to deal with the concept of having a new family member and dealing with changes of the sort. I'll agree to a certain extent that the gang don't seem to have much in the way of adventures as a "unit" but I think the stories have greater meaning with overlapping subplots. I've never considered the other members of the gang to be "neglected" or overshadowed by Littlefoot.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know Littlefoor is the main character, but one idea I dislike is the filmmakers putting the spotlight on Littlefoot solely for the remainder of the sequels (and the TV show) without giving the others much limelight.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And don't they? What about Cera's part in LBT 11, Petrie's part in LBT 7, Ducky's and Spike's part in LBT 8? I really don't see any generally decreasing amount of spotlight for the other characters except for their neglection in the covers.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
You really don't know much about movies as you even stated, do you? If filmmakers decide that focusing on just one character is much easier than having him share the attention with four other characters: I've seen it on several occasions, as they place the other characters into the background permanantly, while keeping just this one character in the foreground. Given the severe lack of screentime and dialogue I thought the others had last time, while focusing almost solely on Littlefoot, it has me just a bit suspicious with what they might do with the series now.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
We're getting a bit off-topic...
Btw, I love it when people say "It happened to a lot of "insert thing"", WR which movies or series are you reffering to?

PS: I hope you don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to provoke you, I'm just curious =p
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool