The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

News on LBT 12!

Threehorn · 347 · 32484

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
You're right. The link must either be bad, or the site must be down. I'll try to find the right link.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The link worked out just fine for me.
This is what the review on the page said (don't read it if you want to avoid spoilers):
Story:
This one folows Petrie the flying dinsaur, who is having a difficult time preparing for "the day of the flyers". This is a very important day for all of the Dinosaurs capable of flight who live in the Great Valley. And theres no excuses, not even for petrie, all of the young flying dinos must participate. They endure a very precise flying exhibition in order to prove that they are ready to fly with the adults. Poor Petrie has always been an extremely nervous flyer and also quite an irratic one. But discovers he has even more trouble flying with his siblings, especailly in precise group formations. You'll know from seeing the other films that Peties personalitiy is (dispite his squeaky voice) is more of an independent, free-style kind of guy. At the same time, a strange newcomer to the Great Valley has Littlefoot and his friends trying to help figure out just exactly what he is. Named Guido, he's the strangest looking creature any of the Great Valley creatures has ever seen, especially since he's covered with multicolored "fuzzies" (feathers!), and has never seen another like himself. Cera is having her own troubles, as her grumpy dad and his new mate, Tria, get ready to welcome a hatchling to the family. All of these issues come together on the night before "the Day of the Flyers", when Guido starts to figure out what he is, inadvertently leading all of the gang on a perilous adventure into the Mysterious Beyond. A fantastic new dvd intallement. Also some graphics which you wouldn't expect having seen the rest as the colours appear much sharper, and is really quite impressive.
Songs are possibly not as frequent as the other films but are a tad bit longer in length. Good and original however and the Dolby surround sound plays really very well on my speakers. A super film and not a disappointment at all. I'm ever so grateful to my uncle and also to my universal DVD player that allows me to play this region 1 dvd for us big kids on our super silver widescreen T.V.!

Extras:
no extras, perhaps this is because it's a pre-release or maybe the american version doesnt have them. But I'm sure when released there will be some as it's a new production and every DVD nowadays seems to have some sort of 'bonus features' or another.

Overall a 4 star rating, A good conclusion to an epic series of films. And surprisingly good graphics compared to the previous ones. Songs are however along pretty much the same lines as others, but still equally enjoyable. Highly recommended good one for the 'The land before time' fan in us all.
Dear good lor' who knows when they'll bring out another!
Thanks for reading, take care & best wishes, mintz x x x

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
How did this person get hold of LBT 12? or is this person just saying it. there seem to be no important information about it let out that the story line details already tell us.

I haven't heard anything about a pre-release, Aria or her mum would of informed me of it. I think in my opition he just saying it making out he already got it. there is no real fact in this review that his really got it. pre-releases is the first time I ever heard of one. if it was on cinemra there would be another matter but it never came out in one.

So I think this review is just remixing the words around to make it sound like this person already seen it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ True, it does seem odd someone would have a copy already, but he certainly seems to know a lot about the film as in, it wasn't a vague "Oh, its good" review, so I'm having a hard time doubting that there might've been a prerelease for a few people.  Studios do pre-releases to audiences so its not uncommon to get an early look at something to make some noise online about it.

Until he's proven wrong, I'd say its legitimate (or seems so).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Agreed. I reckon the leaking out of some information or even a few later sellers seeing the movie beforehand wouldn't quite cause the same crisis in case of LBT as it was in case of the Harry Potter books. I don't see a reason to call anything into question that was written in that review. There are no extraordinary claims nor anything at all that would in any way contradict the information that was released already.
Speaking of releasing information, I wonder when they will finally update the official page. They sure don't seem to be in a hurry about it.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
A pre-release? I didn't know lbt had those
One thing though that I hope was just this person's mistake. Flying Dino's?! Pterosaurs aren't dinosaurs, everyone knows that, let's put an end to all these little things that dim the prestige of lbt
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't see any real necessity to clarify the difference between Dinosaur and Pterosaur in the LBT series. There are many scientific inaccuracies in LBT (Dinosaurs didn't talk to begin with), but science is not the major point here. I suppose Littlefoot and the others couldn't care less about the difference of a Dinosaur and a Pterosaur; they know Petrie has wings and can fly. This should do for them and I don't see this damaging the prestige of LBT ;)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Precisely. They'd need a scientist from modern times to tell them that there's a difference between them and Petrie. And we all know what a modern scientist's presence in the series would do to the series.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
about the talking part. no one can really tell. in real life no one seen a real life dinosaur, all we know they 65 million years ago had a way of speaking to each other but in a way of grunts or so. it can't really be told, it could be anyones guess.

Science or not, Land Before TIme is something we all love to watch :) it a great cartoon movie that we all grew up to live by :D

also I am going to try and find out about this so called Pre-release from Aria's mum to see if this is ture or not, I have sent her a messege about it and just waiting on a responce.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I believe as much in that pre-release as I believe in the tooth fary :D
However isn't there a private view of every DVD, between directors, staff and guests before its release?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If it is a genuine pre-release, wouldn't it prove that the video is probably going to be released very soon?

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Universal had better get its act together.  I just did a net search for any recent news, and I found 2 sites that already have the film for download.  They can be found by going to dogpile.com and searching for "great day of the flyers".

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Obviously we are going to get a look at Cera's new sibiling.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Wait... the download thing isn't exactly legal, is it?

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Has anyone here actually seen the movie?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Yes, I would think downloading movies was illegal.

I haven't seen the movie, no. I don't think it's in stores here yet, but it is in other countries, such as Australia and New Zealand.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Noname,Dec 12 2006 on  05:41 PM
Wait... the download thing isn't exactly legal, is it?
Well it's all in the way you look at it. In a way using images from movies without the directors permission is illegal since they're copywrited images. But people still do it anyway. I would think downloading the movie would be far worse though so yes that would be illegal.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It definitely is illegal.
If I found such a download I would definitely buy the movie anyway, which, I'm afraid, wouldn't make the download any more legal. I suppose we all take enough interest in the land before time to invest the money it will take to get the DvD.
There is nothing illegal about the pictures DarkHououmon posted here though (if taking pictures from a movie and post them in the internet for other people to look at, we would be quite a criminal syndicate, wouldn't we? Even our background image would be illegal) and I was refering to those pictures when making my statement about the content of LBT 12. Did anyone of you see the movie in a store so far? According to several sources it should have been released by now, shouldn't it?

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Dec 13 2006 on  03:34 AM
It definitely is illegal.
If I found such a download I would definitely buy the movie anyway, which, I'm afraid, wouldn't make the download any more legal. I suppose we all take enough interest in the land before time to invest the money it will take to get the DvD.
There is nothing illegal about the pictures DarkHououmon posted here though (if taking pictures from a movie and post them in the internet for other people to look at, we would be quite a criminal syndicate, wouldn't we? Even our background image would be illegal) and I was refering to those pictures when making my statement about the content of LBT 12. Did anyone of you see the movie in a store so far? According to several sources it should have been released by now, shouldn't it?
I haven't seen it around online or in stores.DarkHououmon said something about it being in other countries first like New Zealand and Austrailia. And I think that's one of the reasons we haven't seen it around us.