The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rise of the Riders

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Prologue:  A new beginning

It has been some months since Galbatorix fell, and since Eragon and Saphira founded a new order of Riders.  Sending out messengers to the four corners of the world, the pair of them have begun to rebuild an ancient tradition...

Moritsune stood up, running a hand through his hair and smiling as he looked out the window of his room.  It had been but a few months since he had come to the Island where Eragon and his dragon partner Saphira had begun training new riders.  With a soft chuckle, he opened the window, and the black-scaled head of his dragon partner Dynames poked in.  

"Good Morning, Moritsuna."

She purred in his mind...

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Bion looked up from the tome he was reading about the history of Alagaesia and strode over to where his dragon, Parias was roosted, the dragon gazing outside his window.

"You seem restless today, Bion." he spoke mentally.

"I suppose so." the boy responded.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
From some distance off, the clear sound of a horn rang out over the forested island, calling the riders to the main buildings to begin their day of training...

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Lessons are starting..." Parias replied.

Bion got up and gathered his gear.

"I see, best not to keep them waiting.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As the Trainees and their Dragons gathered, Moritsuna and Dynames stood a short way off from the others, keeping themselves slightly isolated from the others, as Dynames had a...rather unique aspect of her physiology that disagreed with many others.  As the two waited, Eragon and Saphira emerged from the large central building.  Using a spell to amplify their voices, the two drew the group's attention to them.
"Ahem!  Your attention please!  Many of you have reached a stage in your training in which real-world experience becomes more important than anything else.  As such, those of you who qualify will be partnered up with each other, and will begin being sent out into the world at large!  As Saphira reads your names, find and meet up with your assigned partners!"
Eragon announced, voice echoing over the forest.  As he did so, Saphira began to read the list of assigned pairs.  After some time of her listing the pairs, Moritsuna looked up as he heard his name announced.
Moritsune-no-Muramasa and Bion Dorieus
She announced, and as her voice faded, Dynames began to look around, tail flicking agitatedly.
"Moritsune, they paired us up...what if they don't like us?  What if they...what if my smell offends them?"
She thought to him nervously.  Smiling softly, he placed a hand on her neck gently, rubbing her in the way he knew would take her mind off of her fears.
"Easy there, Dynames.  I'm sure whoever Bion and his mount are, they won't make an issue of it.  Who knows, maybe they'll love it as much as I do."
He reassured, and, a moment later, Dynames stopped her tail, turning her neck to look him in the eyes.
"You always know what to say and do to calm me down, 'Tsune.  Maybe after we meet our new partners...You can get a little reward from me~"
She teased as the pair waited...

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Farther down the line, Bion and his dragon heard themselves being called.

"That did not take long."

Bion nodded.

"And whoever Moritsune and his dragon could be, I think we may make a few friends."

Parias softly nuzzled his rider.

"It is becoming a most interesting day."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Moritsune glanced around, finding Bion after a brief search.  Walking over to the pair, he extended his right arm, smirking.
"So, you're my partner, huh?  It's a pleasure to meet you."
He said, as Dynames watched the goings on from some distance...

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Bion smiled and took the offered hand, giving it a firm shake.

"The pleasure is all mine. Moritsune, is it?" he replied.

Not too far away, Parias dropped out of the air and nudged Dynames.

"You are a unique one m'lady. And your scent is quite pleasent." the dragon  greeted.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Moritsune smirked, nodding some.
"That it is.  And you must be Bion.  Looking forward to working aside you."
He said coolly.  As Parias landed, Dynames started, backing up a ways and staring at him.
"Y-You don't have to flatter me.  I know my scent repulses you..."
She stammered, looking aside..

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Parias sniffed the air again.

"Its overwhelming,t far from repulsive. But I won't press the issue" He responded and back away from her.

"And you as well. From where do you hail?" Bion replied, stretching a bit.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Moritsune chuckled.
"I'm from a land far to the East of here.  And yourself?"
He replied with a small bow...

Dynames looked back at Parias, a small smile crossing her features.
"I...Thank you.  I am Dynames.  And you are...?"
She asked shyly...

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"A land to the west." Bion chimed.

Parias, m'lady. You have a rather comely name yourself." Parias responded, bowing to her.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Moritsune nodded, chuckling some.  
"The west, hm?  Never been there."
He said calmly, as Eragon's voice echoed through the clearing again.
"In order to enhance cohesion between the partners, each group will be moved into a home with shared commons between them.  You needn't worry about moving your things, as that will be taken care of for you!"  
He announced to the group in front of him...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Murritti and her stead Sulsi stood among the gathered riders, waiting for Murrittis name to be called, so they would meet thier new parters. I Hope its a girl dragon" Sulsi said mentally. Boy dragons can be so assertive.. even though i'm not interested.. Girls you can actually talk to without worrying about them being too aggressive.' Sulsi was one of the larger dragons in the group, and the largest of the females.
_ whoever it is, I'm sure we'll get along" Murritti replied , patting Sulsi on her side.. " if not, well we'll just ask for a different pair..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As Murritti and Sulsi spoke amongst themselves, a young man dressed in robes that appeared far too big for his slender frame made his way over to them, seemingly engrossed in a large book that was hovering in front of him.  
"I assume you are Murritti?  I am Takeshi, your new partner.  This is my bond partner, Kaien."
He murmured, as a blue-silver wyvern landed behind him...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
nice to meet you Murriti said shooting him a smile.." so what bring you here?' she asked him.
-
Sulsis the name Sulsi said to kaien. ' how long have you been paired with your Rider?' she asked. She was bigger than Kaien was, and sulsi looked down at the male dragon.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Bion shrugged. "Yeah, my home is pretty far from this land." He replied.

Parias soon returned to his rider's side.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we are from the south ' Murritti replied ' but we are interested in learning how to be better riders' she nodded at takeshi.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Takeshi nodded somewhat absently.
"As good a reason as any, I suppose.  Myself, I simply wish to master my craft further."
He muttered, as Kaien shook his head slightly.
"You'll have to forgive him.  Takeshi's spent a good portion of his life without much contact with others...so he can be a bit...brusque.  I'm certain he'll grow on you."
He added, smirking bemusedly...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'm certain he will Sulsi said in reply. ' so what will be our first lesson? she asked.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: