The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Legend of the Guardians

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Ptyra and I started a sort of impromptu discussion of this movie on the “How are you Feeling?” thread, so I figured I'd start a topic for it.

Personally, I'm really excited for this movie. I saw the trailer today in the theater, and was positively overwhelmed. :wow Still, I'm pretty worried about how the movie will be condensed and changed from the book series it is based on. :unsure: (For starters, I don't like that the movie title was changed from “Guardians of Ga'Hoole” to theóin my opinionórelatively boring and unoriginal “Legend of the Guardians”.)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I'm still not sure if I should see this in theaters or not. My youngest brother and I definitely want to see it, but I feel like it's going to be a bit of a flop.
For one thing, I don't like the title, like you said, but I REALLY don't like it that Kludd falls out of the nest with Soren. That just messes everything up >_< !
With that, who's going to shove out Mrs. Plithiver (ftw!!!) and Eglantine?

I definitely hope that the Bone movie will be worth seeing in theaters, though. Those two are my two book-biggies.

And may I say...the first thing that bugged me in the trailer was the SHINYNESS of the animation.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ptyra,Mar 7 2010 on  12:14 AM
For one thing, I don't like the title, like you said, but I REALLY don't like it that Kludd falls out of the nest with Soren. That just messes everything up >_< !
You sure about that? I've rewatched the trailer a few times, and while I spotted a scene in which they were both perched outside the nest, I assumed that the change was that Soren is much older when he falls out of his nest than he is in the books, and the two are simply "branching" (learning to fly by hopping from branch to branch). Still an annoying change, but not as major as the one you suggested.

I do have the unfortunate feeling that Mrs. Plithiver's role is going to be greatly reduced. :(

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I saw it on a movie summary somewhere.

I really hope that Mrs. P does have a good role, especially after her awesome scene in the second book (when she stood up to the Spotted Owl with her "I can see better than you even though I'm blind" thing)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I read the first book of this series, and while I did like it, I didn't really want to spend my money on these series. I MIGHT want to see this movie just to get a jist and understand a bit more of it, but I guess because I already read something like this which involves cats,(Warriors) and I'm MUCH more of a cat lover then an owl lover. (Though I do think owls are AMAZING birds.)

I do agree that "Legend of the Guardians" seems a bit...off...and the music of the trailer turned me off quite a bit...personaly.

This is just my opinion. My two cents.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ptyra,Mar 7 2010 on  12:32 AM
I saw it on a movie summary somewhere.
^ Oh, darn it! :slap

If that's true, I'd better keep my hopes low for this movie. I think I've already got an idea of what the altered plot's going to be, and I think I'll keep these as my expectations when I go to see it.

I really ought to start reading books AFTER I see the movies based on them. :rolleyes

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I personally liked the music of the trailer. I might consider seeing the movie although I have had zero interest in reading the books. I mean I heard a few things about them and there's just something about them I don't like so much.

One thing I have to say is that this is almost exactly how I pictured a movie of the series would look like: realistic computer graphics like with Happy Feet.