The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If We Hold On Together

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I recently decided that, even though this is incomplete, I'll release it to the community, for those of you who enjoy collecting LBT stuff, and anyone interested in the music aspect of LBT :wave  (or anyone else who finds this interesting :p ).  This is basically an abandoned project, especially now that the karaoke mp3 is all-but completed.  It would be relatively simple to turn that into a purely instrumental piece.

Basically, this is an instrumental version of "If We Hold On Together" that I had been working on arranging on some older software.  It's similar to the karaoke mp3, except it's arranged differently and it's fully complete with the vocal instruments.  I wrote this months before the karaoke mp3.  

It only contains the first verse, 1st chorus, and a transition going into the second verse.

I enjoy it, but I decided part-way through - there are already so many official versions of this song, both vocal and instrumental, that I saw little purpose for completing another one.  I still may, however I have a number of projects that are higher-priority than this one.

http://www.angelfire.com/az3/action9000/index.html

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I like it, yet I admit that I prefer your versions of If we hold on together where some "stronger" instruments are playing the main melody so it is a bit more emphasized. But of course the less emphatic melodies also have their merits.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I agree.  It's decent, but it's not the same quality as our Gang of Five version ;)
I prefer your versions of If we hold on together where some "stronger" instruments are playing the main melody so it is a bit more emphasized
This may also be due to the fact that this was written using a program less than 5% of the "power" as the programs used to write the karaoke mp3 (a 90 MB program versus a 2.4 GB program).  I will agree, this version isn't as dynamic as the other one, not as cleanly-composed, and not as intricate.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I'll tell you that I like what you did so far, but I will also tell you that I like the original version from the movie the most.

In fact, I like the original version so much that, unless you do it well, if you create a different version of the song, you're commiting a sin. :) :lol

But I degress that you did well, so you are not commiting sin. :D

Even though you abandoned it, I think you should finish it. (Nothing more a Music Geek like you likes to do, right? ;)) I think you would do rather well with it.

Well, I don't have anything else to say, so I'll see ya later. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
But I degress that you did well, so you are not commiting sin.
Yay, I'm not a sinner! :D

I may get back on this project if I get a day where I feel so inclined, but unfortunately, I lost a data file for this project, that contained all the instruments used in this mp3.  In other words, I can't remember exactly what instruments I used on every track, and I lost the file that tells the program which instruments to load, when an old hard drive died on me.  This fact takes away even more motivation to work on this, but you never know :P:

Luckily I've upgraded programs since then, and my latest doesn't require separate files to store the instrument lists.  It's stored right into the program, and they all load automatically when the project file is loaded.  Much nicer :yes

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I pulled this file off my website.  I actually did it accidently (deleted the wrong file :p) but I need to free up the space anyway.