The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Microraptor Discovery

Kor · 5 · 1086

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Someone on a site I go to posted a link about a recent discovery where some scientists claim that the Microraptor had black feathers with a iridescent feathers with a faint blue sheen to them.  I thought 1 or 2 folks here may be interested.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/11124...entists-report/

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's fortunate that some proteins and even some larger structures can survive lithification. As analytical chemistry gets used ever more by palaeontologists, I expect that a lot (and I mean a lot, since today we know basically nil) more will be known about dinosaur physiology in the coming years.

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
cool  :)  I love new dinosaur discoveries ! But imagine a black guido  :blink:  that would be strange ! :lol

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That is so outstanding! The knowledge about the creatures that lived on Earth so long ago has been evolving at some gigantic steps. It is great to finally have an accurate idea to how some of them really looked like.

Thank you very much for the link, Kor.

P.S.: Kor, your Nessie-like dragon looks great  :DD .

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do find it interesting the information they can get using various sciences from fossils, especially ones as old as the dinosaur types ones are.

I was surprised that the microraptor was the color it was.

Thanks, I like the Plesiodragon also.