The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Topsy & Tria

Noname · 13 · 2568

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
What do you think of it? Do you think it was a feasible pairing? I think it works, but is a bit of a stretch; one is far kinder than the other, and Topsy is probably a lot more "conservative" than Tria...

P.S. Can someone edit the "no the individuals" to "not"? I gotta stop typing stuff this late at night...

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
We know that Cera's father has a kindly side, as opposed to his usual gruffness. Cera loves her father, and he loves her back, as evidenced in 3, and every reuinion scene in the films. We know that he can be sweet and kind, Tria talks about how he was in his youth. Also, he is the least aggressive in 6, right after the tornado. He is calm, explains his thoughts instead of rushing through with them, and he apologises for upsetting Littlefoot! Of course, we hardly ever see it in the films as he is always used for his reactions to things.

I wonder if deep down, he is caring, but we hardly ever see it because he built up a tough exterior over time. We know his father was a strong (and presumably tough figure), we see that Topps is already stereotypically angry in the first film, which could hint that he grew gruffer when food got scarce, and it is shown that he is only ever angry when something threatens his family or regular daily basis in a major way. I doubt he'll win husband/father of the year award, but he is definately devoted to both his wife and kid.

So he has the capacity to be kindly, he just remains grumpy most of the time because we see him at bad times. So he and Tria (and Cera) could make up a good (I doubt he is intended to be a bad parent, just a grump. He learnt his lesson in the 3rd film).

(I think that came out more confusing than I meant. D'oh)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've always attributed the loss of his first wife and other children to his gruff demeanor.  I really believe the reason he can be gruff and overprotective with his family, especially Cera, is caused by a deep fear of loss.  I noticed his personality began to soften up once Tria came into the picture (no pun intended :p), then ultimately once Tricia was born.  I like his current personality: a bit gruff, a bit soft, but not too much of either :).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He was likely kinder when he was younger I would assume, not remembering what Tria said in the 11th movie.  His father and likely mother we can guess were like he was in the 1st movie.  He's gotten less like he was bit by bit over the movies due to the influence of others like Littlefoot's Grandfather & grandmother who was often right about how to treat situations & they do stand up to him, though in a nice manner.  So that cumulative effect has slowly made him change, slower then Cera who is less set in her ways being younger and Likely Tricia will be even less like her older sister and father over time.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He's changed, I agree... partially to make him more child-friendly, both to Tricia, and to children watching the series!  :lol

You all make very good points, although he is still much meaner than Tria is, and probably ever was. You all list reasons for why this is, too, and I am in agreement with them. To be fair, we never see what happens to Cera's mother or any other full siblings she's had.

dragoonanime

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I thought that topsy was more mean and aggressive in the first five movies and then started to become nicer. Once tria entered the picture he changed the most.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True. Especially when he had a new daughter to care for... of course, we can thank Tria for that!  :lol

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Noname,Oct 1 2009 on  02:16 AM
True. Especially when he had a new daughter to care for... of course, we can thank Tria for that!  :lol
Welp, so in the name of this Forum:

You go, Tria, thank you for getting knocked up!!! :lol

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I thought the bond between them was good. He stated they met awhile ago and they care for one another. The fact the Cera doesn't like her kinda made me mad. It's like Tri very hard to get Cera to accept her but she doesn't want her in there life's. But I don't blame her it was her and her farther since day one. So adding her to the family was a big change for her. But overall I think the couple love each other and they both care deeply for Cera. I'm happy to see that Cera has a Step Mother now.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When I first watched LBT 11 and 12 I was rather against Tria. But today I think she's a nice addition to the Threehorn family (and Tricia is soo cute :wub). Topsy became a likeable character since Tria showed up and paired with him :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside,Jul 8 2013 on  02:45 PM
Quote from: Noname,Oct 1 2009 on  02:16 AM
True. Especially when he had a new daughter to care for... of course, we can thank Tria for that! :lol
Welp, so in the name of this Forum:

You go, Tria, thank you for getting knocked up!!! :lol
It should be considered illegal to laugh as hard as I just did after reading your post :smile
... but it's not bwahahaha!!

As for Topps and Tria (Lol I still type Topps, makes him sound a lot more masculine than Topsy :blink:) I really like this pairing. They compliment each other nicely. Tria brings out Topps' kinder, more understanding side more than he would himself in the earlier series.
And Tria's pretty hardheaded herself (pun intended :lol) shes no-nonsense and firm, and she won't stand for any tantrums XDD
Overall, I think this is a couple the LBT franchise can be really proud of :)
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Tria certainly brings a new side out in Topsy.  ;) I think they work fantastically. I just wish we were given more insight into their childhood.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That would have been nice, a flashback even.  We got one in the tv series episode with Grandpa Longneck.  Maybe one could have been told on how the 2 of them first met and how they started to become close.