The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT roleplay in the style of the original movie?

Ducky123 · 399 · 50317

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
A pity that Jordy can't keep playing. If Samara is going to depart then perhaps it should be by the talons of Shade, I don't believe he has been introduced, so this might be a good moment for him to enter the story and as I suggested before a sandstorm could push Lizzie back to the forest where she meets up with the others.

Also if it's okay with everyone and especially Jordy I could take Samara for the rest of the RP that she is still in it if that's ok with you guys.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Shade was planned to come from the far west, from the opposite direction, very slowly moving along the border between devastating area and dessert, so I dunno...
sigh, poor Samara... Hope she won't die insuch way and Jordy wants her alive and transfer to some other player.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, Jordy said he wanted to play her until her death scene.   :thinking

Yes, technically we are fine without a replacement but it'd be nicer if I didn't have to develop Lizzie in a monologue. I had a few rough ideas for character development but with Samara gone I could scrap them completely until everyone meets. Lizzie would ust coninue to be the odd one out if she joins the group who already know each other a little...  :oops

A sandstorm could also be fine instrument to introduce such a character.  :thinking
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I already asked about it on Discord but it seems like the scene with our group is about to end. Should we do a brief timeskip to the evening, next day (for example) or does someone have any ideas on how the plot should continue from now on?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not involved with your group yet so I'm unsure what to suggest :confused

Jordy and I are finally working on Samara's end at least.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would suggest that a jump cut might be a good idea for our group.  I just think that perhaps one of us (perhaps DarkWolf) should summarize the thoughts of their character before having the "fade" to a new area.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
How close would you be to the oasis where we are supposed to meet?

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think that matters too much. After all, we can just skip to that scene should we want to. :p However, I wonder if we should have some scene before that so that Rinen and the fastrunners aren't anymore about to get rid of each other when we meet Lizzie? :lol Either idea works for me.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd certainly like to have some time to develop her a little more so that'd be fine with me :)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So, in that case, what kind of scene should we have before meeting up with Lizzie? Another encounter with Slash or something else?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Maybe there could be some kind of big event that'd affect both parties, like a sandstorm to add some more hardship to their story and also provide me with something to work with as I try to get Lizzie towards the oasis, otherwise it might be quite boring to write her if nothing happens :P

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That could be an idea. We've had a tsunami already so maybe a sandstorm could work as the next natural catastrophe.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I wanna see more big/medium/little catastrophes and other obstacles during characters' journey, of course they would give us moments of "action", hardship, characters' development and etc.
BUT - I think it's too early to place sandstorm or something else right now or in nearest future. It's not too long ago we had the biggest tsunami ever heard, and as I understand, we still have a loooooong journey ahead, after oasis, after characters meeting.
Maybe... let's keep sandstorm for future? :)

What I think - right now, you have quite unique landscape to pass through - deserts, flooded areas, chasms, small forests... And all this is placed just right here. Before reaching oasis, you have endless possibilities to describe journey these unique lands. :) Land before time is not only catastrophes and attacks of sharpteeth, I believe there's more stuff.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 05:40:05 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was thinking about having to overcome a big crack in the landscape similar to the one seen in LBT 1. Maybe I should do that  :thinking

Thank you for the inspiration  :olittlefoot

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was thinking about having to overcome a big crack in the landscape similar to the one seen in LBT 1. Maybe I should do that  :thinking

Thank you for the inspiration  :olittlefoot

That sounds like a good idea.  Perhaps the other group (Buko, Wyoh, etc.) should encounter the crack from some distance away? And, if so, who wants to do the jump cut to us encountering the crack?  If I were to post then it would be double-posting for Buko for my group.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've been waiting to do my next post for a while now so I can do the transition scene if that's okay. But one last question, should I wrap the last scene as well as initiate the next one in the same post?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been waiting to do my next post for a while now so I can do the transition scene if that's okay. But one last question, should I wrap the last scene as well as initiate the next one in the same post?

I would be fine with either option.  If you just end the scene with your transition then I (or someone else) could begin the next scene with Buko staring at the chasm or something.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I posted a transition to a few days later for our group (as I think we agreed to but I am not sure  :thinking), but I can modify the post if anyone thinks it does not fit.  Likewise, I can also delete it and post it or a modified form later if we want the other groups to deal with some things first before making a jump cut.  Just keep me informed.  :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Looks good to me! Sorry I've been MIA, took an accelerated class over the winter and it really knocked me out x.x
Should be able to get a post up soon!