The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Great Plague RP Discussion thread

Ducky123 · 192 · 19236

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes, but we have to get to the cave first. Maybe we can have something interesting happen then.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just going to throw that in here:

So sorry for not being around here!!! D: Uni left me darned busy and then internet wouldn't let me into the forum ;A; Gonna try being more active again. Sorry for any inconvienience Chomper's absense might have brought :'(

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sleepy: It's alright :) We decided this RP should be rather slow so 1 week breaks are no problem at all. I'd PM you if Chomper is urgently needed and find a person to fill-in if needed.

Loyfe: We'll use the two characters you suggested! The question is where they'll meet... Probably in the cave?

The surrounding area is wasteland if I recall correctly. While moving through this wasteland, they could talk about worries of them, or maybe Ali? :)

Even though I'm on holidays I'll be able to check the Rp(s) :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, hopefully I'll be back now, so that won't be needed, Ducky. Though thanks for the offer :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(Thanks phone for crashing! :mad Lost the post...)
Hey guys, I need your input because I'd like this RP to be democratic. Everyone has a say so say something ;)
First, we need a meeting point since Littlefoot and his Gang failed to agree on one :p How about the Thundering Falls? They could get a drink before starting their dangerous journey after all :)
Second, we need to plan the happenings during their travel to the Land of Mists... I thought we could let them run into Redclaw like they always do :p Like it? :) Then we could include a little discussion about how to get rid of Redclaw (provided they survive :p). After a while one of them pipes up and starts a talk about Ali (Littlefoot's Grandparents could have told Littlefoot that their cousins have returned a while ago or... hey, that's better... once a year they return to gather  Nightflowers (Old One knows a way to make a medicine out of them that prevents illnesses in advance (like an inoculant)) so the Gang can only HOPE they'll meet her. That would actually fit with another idea I have... So what do you think?
Third, an idea I got from one of Maltes fics: They need to cross a rift that has been built during an earthshake (alternatively, to make it more exiting, the earthshake could happen while they're talking about something (Ali? Redclaw? Something not mentioned yet?))
We can discuss possible happenings in the cave when we get there...

I count on you, my fellow RPers :yes Any idea is generally welcomed, needed and appreciated! ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Also the Thundering Falls would likely have some green food so some who need to eat as well as get a drink can do that also.  

Nice ideas you have.  The earthshake would add some action and such to a scene that may start off quiet, just them talking, maybe getting a drink and or some food.  I can see Ali's group as either just arrived or maybe they visit the Land of Mists once a year or so to eat some night flowers to prevent a disease.  Could explain why none of the longnecks but Grandpa Longneck got sick in the 4th movie.  Littlefoot & Grandma may be immune and the other longnecks may have been to eat some nightflowers before they went to the Great Valley.  

Red Claw and or his fastbiter minions chasing them for a bit could make sense since they are near the Great Valley.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, so if nobody has any arguments against the Thundering Falls, it'll be their meeting point. I'll wait until tomorrow and then post as the narrator to start the next scene, their journey starts :)

Your explanation for Ali's herd being at the (still hostile) Land of Mists sounds quite good. We might use it :)

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thundering Falls sounds alright. Not entirely sure how long their journey should be, though encountering someone or something on the way seems legitimate.

Though perhaps Redclaw has been brought down by this illness too. Not sure, I may have forgotten a few details about what's already happened.  :bang

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, Redclaw being ill? Good idea but don't we want it be exciting and dangerous? An ill Redclaw is no threat at all after all..

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
& I don't think the gang would want to help cure him.  And would he eat nightflowers?  Not that it's a bad idea.  His fastbiter lackeys would have to find out the cure somehow, maybe from hearing the gang talking, though none of them understand flattooth.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just for information: I did not abandon this one just because I'm currently planning another RP :) Just waiting for the rest of the Gang to do smth :lol:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought some did not post due to being busy in school or something.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm a bit unsure what Chomper could do right now. I need some Ruby-action here (unless I missed that).

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ruby tilted her head. "Loser? Not me!" She started off, her longer legs carrying her farther. Ducky had a head start, but Ruby was quickly gaining.
Guess you missed this :yes

The Gang is currently having a race towards the Thundering Falls (I actually intended a race between Ducky & Spike only but it's more fun with everyone joining it :lol) so you might join the race :)

I hope you guys don't mind the currently sluggish progress :p We're all busied I assume...

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
AFHJDSKHGJSDG, I did miss that! OTL

*rushes to post something*

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Where are y'all?  :unsure:

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I'm still here and should probably be the next one to post anyways. If only the others weren't as busy...

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^I've just been a little worried because the RP is really slow atm and I knew some probably just didn't notice that it's their turn to post. So I tried to get this RP some attention so you'd notice (and hey it worked ;)) Well, Dosu, Sleepy and Strut have yet to post (though Spike is probably loosing so you might be the last, Dosu) and Loyfe isn't around these days due to computer problems and a lot of work.