The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

It's finally done!

karkovice

• Chomper
    • View Profile
My second sequel to "The Time of Great Need".  :DD

One thing I should mention, though: This story features the controvertial relationship between Ducky and Petrie, where they actually become mates.  :wow

Just thought I should warn you before you follow the link.

Don't worry, though! No dirty stuff!

If you DO read it, let me know what you think.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5338669/1/

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Overall, it was a very nice story.  Perhaps a sequel involving offspring will be in the works :idea?  It's just an idea, so no pressure ;).  I really hate racism, though, so all the stuff about racism was hard to stomach, but I suppose the story would be unrealistic without it.  Great story, all in all :yes!

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I'm reading it now and it's pretty good but I've noticed that your mechanics seem to have deteriorated from your first story. Other than that, you maintain your trademark of "tribal" dinosaurs.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

karkovice

• Chomper
    • View Profile
CT:

I see you've changed your avatar image! Very nice! I like!!  :DD

I will let the cat partially out of the bag in saying that the sequel will involve an offspring; plus another controvertial mating. This time between a flattooth and a sharptooth. I won't say who, though! I'll leave that to your imagination.  :smile

And, of course, you had to expect some residents of The Great Valley not agreeing to the pairing taking action somehow, like what happened in the end.

But if you thought the "racism" showed in that story was "bad", wait 'till you see what I have in store for the upcoming sequel.  :p

Serris:

Well, you can't expect the sequels to be just as good as the original.  :p

Isn't that the case with all movie sequels? If you saw the 2nd Transformers movie this summer, I seriously doubt you thought it was better than the first one. I saw it myself. Although I still thought it was good, it wasn't "as good". I still thought the fight scenes between the robots was difficult to follow.  :p

(General comment):

As for the LBT movies, personally, I find the sequels to be better than the original theatrical release. Maybe it's because animation technology has gotten way better than back in 1988. I haven't seen all of the movies yet. I've gotten as far as the 8th installment. I had to skip the 6th one, because "I just couldn't find it". I could only find the opening part on Youtube. Whoever posted it didn't bother putting up the rest of the movie... or maybe (s)he couldn't... I've looked for it in the local video stores in my area this weekend to see if I could rent it, but they didn't have it; and I don't wanna buy a movie, unless I think it's good enough to own.

If I was to pick a favourite, I'd have to say the 5th installment. Maybe because I'm partial to Chomper, and he plays such an active role in that movie.  :smile

My least favourite would probably have to be the 8th installment, mostly because they portray Mr. Thicknose as being such a "ninny" in that movie rather than the more wise and knowledgeable figure he is in the TV series.  :p

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
is the story on ff.net? if so I'll be happy to read it.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: karkovice,Aug 30 2009 on  09:30 AM
And, of course, you had to expect some residents of The Great Valley not agreeing to the pairing taking action somehow, like what happened in the end.

But if you thought the "racism" showed in that story was "bad", wait 'till you see what I have in store for the upcoming sequel.  :p

I think I'm already scared :(.  Don't worry, though.  I'm just a very sensitive person, and I happen to be terribly sensitive about others facing persecution.  Racism is pathetic :anger!  Why can't folks just be left alone?  We already have enough problems without having to put up with crap caused by ignorance <_<.

karkovice

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Belmont2500:

If you're referring to the story related to this topic, it's already there!

just follow the link on the first page.  :smile

CT:

I think I'm already scared . Don't worry, though. I'm just a very sensitive person, and I happen to be terribly sensitive about others facing persecution.

Many people I know say I'm sensitive, too. Maybe I am. I DO feel strongly about certain things, even more than ordinary people.

Racism is pathetic !

I agree. However, in my story, I felt it necessary to reflect the opposition certain Great Valley residents would have towards Petrie and Ducky's mating. That scene I wrote was borrowed off of many property damage scenarios I've seen in movies and on TV where somebody would trash somebody else's place simply because they hated the other person for just being who and what they are.  :neutral

Why can't folks just be left alone? We already have enough problems without having to put up with crap caused by ignorance .

*sighs* I've always labelled that as a fear/threat reaction. I know this personally. I was often picked on in school for being so different.

I'm assuming there is more tolerance and awareness towards this phenomenon now than there was then. Of course, I haven't set foot inside a schoolyard in almost 20 years, nor do I intend to in the future.  :neutral

I don't know when I'll be able to complete my next fanfic sequel. Just this week, I've gotten new work hours that could severely limit my time in working on this story in the evenings, like I usually do. But I'll get it done! Don't you worry, senora!  :smile