The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ducky123's fanart :)

Ducky123 · 472 · 63340

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Not bad, the line art looks very good ^^spike I think the digital drawing could have been better, her colour just seems to bright but if you keep persisting then you might actually get very good at this yep, yep, yep.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Not bad, the line art looks very good land_before_time8_disneyscreencaps_com_2484_by_rockingscorpion-d9nxkr0.png I think the digital drawing could have been better, her colour just seems to bright but if you keep persisting then you might actually get very good at this yep, yep, yep.

I've started a new drawing yesterday and, thanks to RockingScorpion, I can now use a much better way to create the lineart. As for colouring, I will try to improve the colours. I will probably update the previous drawing too once I've figured out a better colouring scheme for Ducky :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Awesome can't wait to see it once it's done

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Uhh, why did this gather so much dust again?  :bang

Anyway, I'm currently in the process of colouring a lot of my works so there will be some more frequent updates... I suppose  :blink:

Starting with this beauty which I meant to finish WEEKS ago!

sketch:

coloured:

Well, at least I made a background lol  :lol Just don't try to look at it with perspective since I kinda messed that part up but, hey, it has a background :p

I think this is easily one of the sweetest scenes of the first movie, I just HAD to draw it!

As always, I hope you like it (and don't care about the kind of rushed background ^^spike). I'll scan this asap, lighting wasn't good when I took this photo (very foggy weather today...)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
To me it looks very good well drawn. I really enjoyed it a lot you did very on drawing it.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Nice work even though I find the I smell Ducky scene pretty awkward. Even when I was a kid... And there's a colour error on Ducky's eyes.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
o me it looks very good well drawn. I really enjoyed it a lot you did very on drawing it.

why Ducky keeps strangle poor Petrie? XD

awesome!
As Ducky would say... poor, poor Petrie :p Glad you like it :)

Nice work even though I find the I smell Ducky scene pretty awkward. Even when I was a kid... And there's a colour error on Ducky's eyes.

Yeah, I do agree that one can interpret that scene... in a way not quite appropriate for young children but that was probably not intended by the filmmakers...

Actually, that isn't a colour issue. If you look at the scene, which I referenced while drawing this, you see that Ducky's eyes are partly closed. Those are her eye-lids covering part of her eyes ^^spike If that weren't the case here, you'd be right of course. Maybe I should have left some of the white of the eye to make it more clear oh well...

Anyway, I have a new drawing... and it happens to be something I still owe you, dalekdino  :angel

sketch:

(a bit blurry tho...)

coloured:

Huge thanks for dalekdino for requesting this one over a year ago, I didn't forget about it (just had too many other fanart ideas and not enough time, sorry :() and it was a lot of fun drawing it. Ducky's and Spike's expressions are really interesting in this one and the colour turned out to look quite nice with a little less contrast than I usually use for my drawings when I edit them on photobucket.

Anyway, I really hope you like this drawing and stay tuned for more (though my next upload will probably be non-LBT ^^spike)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
An amazing job you did on this picture. The colors are fantastic and are perfect for this drawing. It's such a awesome picture you made.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Is it for me, or with each new picture you draw better? :D
it must be evolving your skills :)
nice

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 11 2017 on  02:34 AM

Yeah, I do agree that one can interpret that scene... in a way not quite appropriate for young children but that was probably not intended by the filmmakers...

Actually, that isn't a colour issue. If you look at the scene, which I referenced while drawing this, you see that Ducky's eyes are partly closed. Those are her eye-lids covering part of her eyes ^^spike If that weren't the case here, you'd be right of course. Maybe I should have left some of the white of the eye to make it more clear oh well...

Anyway, I have a new drawing... and it happens to be something I still owe you, dalekdino  :angel

Huge thanks for dalekdino for requesting this one over a year ago, I didn't forget about it (just had too many other fanart ideas and not enough time, sorry :() and it was a lot of fun drawing it. Ducky's and Spike's expressions are really interesting in this one and the colour turned out to look quite nice with a little less contrast than I usually use for my drawings when I edit them on photobucket.

Anyway, I really hope you like this drawing and stay tuned for more (though my next upload will probably be non-LBT ^^spike)
Yes I even thought it was a fart joke as a kid.. In fact that's just one of quite a few scenes in the first movie I find awaked and can be misinterpreted if you pause at the right moment..

I ad a feeling it maybe because Ducky had her eyes half closed in that frame. But yeah if it were me I'd have  added some white to her eyes.

Ah I'd actually forgotten about that request I made over a year ago.
May I ask why your thanking me though it though?

Anyway you did a good job on this and good that you added the shading on her toe claws. And you did a good job on drawing her toes as though she's wiggling them. Or tootsies as I offend see Ducky referring them too

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
An amazing job you did on this picture. The colors are fantastic and are perfect for this drawing. It's such a awesome picture you made.
Thanks a lot! :)

Is it for me, or with each new picture you draw better? biggrin.gif
it must be evolving your skills smile.gif
nice
Hmm, I don't know... but I guess so  :lol I'm glad you like this drawing too ^^spike

I ad a feeling it maybe because Ducky had her eyes half closed in that frame. But yeah if it were me I'd have added some white to her eyes.
I'll remember that next time I draw her with semi-closed eyes :yes

Yeah, it was the prize for that one contest I held back in winter 2015 that you entered with this cute drawing of Littlefoot and Ali meeting underneath a mistletoe... if I remember correctly :p I had a lot of fun drawing this scene, it's a really good one, that's why I'm thanking you :)

Anyway you did a good job on this and good that you added the shading on her toe claws. And you did a good job on drawing her toes as though she's wiggling them. Or tootsies as I offend see Ducky referring them too
Yep, yep, yep! I was being especially careful when drawing her tootsies since I knew you'd like them most  ^^spike I'm happy that you like the drawing too, thanks :)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree that this picture is a clear improvement from some of your earlier work. The lines are much clearer and the colors look smoother now. The perspective in Spike's back may not be ideal but otherwise this picture works rather well.  :) It's always nice to see the pictures getting better and better!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I agree that this picture is a clear improvement from some of your earlier work. The lines are much clearer and the colors look smoother now. The perspective in Spike's back may not be ideal but otherwise this picture works rather well. smile.gif It's always nice to see the pictures getting better and better!
Thank you very much! :lol

What is wrong with Spike's back? I used a screenshot as a reference (almost referenced it a bit too literally imo :lol) so that would mean the perspective in the movie (LBT 10 if I'm not mistaken...) would be wrong too...  :lol:

Anyway, I'm very happy that you like this drawing, yep, yep, yep!

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 11 2017 on  03:16 PM
[
I ad a feeling it maybe because Ducky had her eyes half closed in that frame. But yeah if it were me I'd have added some white to her eyes.
I'll remember that next time I draw her with semi-closed eyes :yes

Yeah, it was the prize for that one contest I held back in winter 2015 that you entered with this cute drawing of Littlefoot and Ali meeting underneath a mistletoe... if I remember correctly :p I had a lot of fun drawing this scene, it's a really good one, that's why I'm thanking you :)

Yep, yep, yep! I was being especially careful when drawing her tootsies since I knew you'd like them most  ^^spike I'm happy that you like the drawing too, thanks :)
Ah I remember now. Yes it as. Drawing of Littlefoot and Ali along with Cera and my OC Bambo under misaltoe.

Yes as I've stated on Caption this, I see Ducky using cute childish terms for toes like tootsies.
Yeah I've always kinda found girls wiggling their toes cute. Ducky in that scene the art is based off , even looks like she's reanacting the toe wiggling scene from the little mermaid.
You may remember I did a human version of this cute Ducky scene about a year ago.

Well I'm glad to hear you enjoyed making this drawing and you like the scene it's based off

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well it might be just me but does it look like Spike's back goes rises slightly too steeply behind Ducky's head? What I mean is that Spike's back doesn't seem to go down towards his unseen side as much as it would need to. Could be just me though. In any case, it's nothing serious.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You're welcome looking forward to seeing your next new drawing.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well it might be just me but does it look like Spike's back goes rises slightly too steeply behind Ducky's head? What I mean is that Spike's back doesn't seem to go down towards his unseen side as much as it would need to. Could be just me though. In any case, it's nothing serious.
Ah okay, I see :)

The perspective of the screenshot I based this off is as if the viewer is looking at the two from a point slightly higher than these two are so a little bit of the back is visible. If we were looking at them on eye level, you would be right about that I think :p If I had drawn the background too (I was too lazy after already struggling to get the previous drawing done without seriously rushing it), that might be more clear (imagine that all of the white space behind Spike's snout is coloured blue (there's water) and everything else green (grass). If you look really closely, you can even still see where I had drawn a line to separate the two but erased it later upon deciding against a bg :smile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been too lazy uploading stuff lately...  :oops

sketch:

coloured:

Well, what should I say? I guess Ducky has swapped personalities with Cera  :p

Oh, and guess what? This one is scanned!  :wow I've actually scanned most of my work last week so I'm slowly going to update the old pictures I've posted here (or would you rather like me to post them again? :))

While I've been lazy uploading, a lot of sketches have accumulated again just waiting to be coloured and uploaded I guess :p I guess this counts as a sort of announcement buuuut... there's going to be a fanart series soon... stay tuned ;)

Oh, and I'm trying to get better at backgrounds lately so I may try to add them to my drawings more often... though they probably won't look too good yet   :sducky