The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT series storyboards and other early materials

Sneak · 16 · 3445

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, guys.

I decided to create united thread for LBT series storyboards and other early materials.
Since I am bad at naming, you can rename this topic as you like. XD

There we can put together all info we gathered about LBT1 and its sequels material here, in our forum. :)

I will update this first post when new meterial comes out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Land Before Time 1 storyboards

Land Before Time 2 storyboards

Land Before Time 2 concepts

Land Before Time 3 storyboards

Land Before Time 4 storyboards

Land Before Time 8 storyboards

Land Before Time 8 beatboards

Land Before Time TV Series storyboards

http://www.ersoz.com/storyboard/flash_sb/LBT_Spooky.swf

Land Before Time 14 storyboards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muqGgBq7o9k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMxnl0kpEm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzgPQLwglhA
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 09:03:55 AM by Sneak »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Honestly, I don’t think I’d be this dedicated enough to compile all of this. It really looked like it took forever to gather everything here, which is why I commend you for your effort Sneak. :D

How long did it take anyway?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I didn't finish yet. :)
It took 3 hours for what I posted so far.
Yesterday I spent another 3 hours to gather everything else, plus reviving my old archives.
Will post the rest it soon.

Edit:
Finally, was able to get full-size pictures of LBT14 storyboards.
Updated.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 09:28:28 AM by Sneak »

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Reviving an old thread just to say what a compilation this is! I love seeing stuff from production. Now, let's go through it all...

I've seen the LBT snake scene storyboards before, but it's interesting how different Mama Longneck looks here. She seems to have more of a Camarasaurus-esque head. Hatchling Littlefoot is adorable. The snake appeared to take offense to his saliva-ridden greeting.  :PAli Interesting to see then eating conifers as well, seeing as that was probably the main diet of sauropods. We don't really see those in any other LBT films.

LBT II storyboard scene seems to pan out as it does in the film. Same for the III and VIII scenes, but it's still cool to see nonethless.

Now the VIII beatboards are intriguing. Love how Mama Swimmer is absolutely dwarfed by the grandparents here. There's a cute reunion scene. That smug look Cera is giving Grandpa (or Grandma?) and Topps in the last one is absolutely amazing.  :lol

TV series storyboards look fairly simple, as expected.

LBT 14 looks like it had some deleted scenes! I had a feeling there were some. When listening to the score there's a soundtrack called "Where's Dad?" which would match up with these storyboards perfectly (I can't remember if it was fully used in the film but I don't think it was). Would have been nice to see some flashbacks/imagination scenes of what Littlefoot was hoping to do with his dad when he arrived, but I suppose they had to cut a lot of stuff due to time constraints. Gotta wonder if the ending was originally a little more fleshed out, too...

Anyway, I'm a couple of years late to this thread, but thanks for sharing all of this, Sneak!

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks!

And oh no! You reminded me that I still have to finish it. :O
Someday I will have a time to do this.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
WOW! How have I never seen these?? This is so cool! :Mo How awesome of you to gather them all, Sneak! I really look forward to seeing more if you ever get to finish posting them!

The deleted scenes from LBT 14 are pretty interesting. It's too bad there aren't any dialogue notes to provide more context for them. Anyway, I actually took a storyboarding class once, so this stuff really fascinates me. It's really impressive how much detail is put into even the storyboards for the LBT TV series here. My favorite, though, might be the storyboard for the deleted snake scene in the first movie. Baby Littlefoot and his interactions with his mom are so cute, as usual, and the way they conveyed sort of a personality for the snake in his facial expressions comes across nicely.

I must admit, the way they literally just wrote Joyous ad libs! on the LBT 2 stoyboard dialogue notes at one point is kind of funny. :D

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I never thought I'd live to see the day where I'd find storyboards for the LBT sequels. As magnificent as the sequels were, I figured that, since they were straight-to-video productions, the crew was a lot more limited and the storyboarding part wasn't as abundant or impressive. Go figure.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Just want to say that the storyboards you found have been really cool to see!

The LBT 1, 2, and TV Series storyboards were the best storyboards I saw!  Keep it up! ;)

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you, guys.

I was so upset when I saw they deleted scene from LBT14. Littlefoot's memory about spending time with father, and seeing familiar green treestars... This scene could be so fitting and atmospheric!

And when storyboards from TV Series chase series look more tensed, intense and well done than final release... That's sad. :(
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 01:29:15 PM by Sneak »

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile

Rattymon

• Chomper
    • View Profile

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I managed to find the source site. And I think I found more storyboards from LBT3! I will post them there as soon as I collect everything.

Edit: updated my first post.

Edit2: ...oh my... And like before, trying to find one material, we dug out much more than that...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 06:47:37 PM by Sneak »