The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The 2014 Corvette

Jrd89 · 8 · 2116

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I got the January issue of Car and Driver magazine today, discussing the new 7th generation 2014 Corvette

Adding rear quarter-panel windows? :blink: WTF? GETTING RID of the iconic 4 round taillights?  and giving it Camaro-ish and Malibu-ish square-cornered taillights.  I swear, if it weren't for it's cross-flag logo, i'd confuse the back of the '14 Corvette for a Camaro :blink:  :blink: :x :x Bad move, Chevrolet.  

Dad said (after showing him the pictures of the '14 Corvette in the magazine) that, "They're gonna kill it, you watch, Jared.  They really did a s**tty job." (well when the article mentions that without the front flag logo, that it'd be confused for a Hyundai, and that the rear looks very close to the Camaro's. WTF? The Corvette is supposed to be unique, not to get confused for/looking close to another vehicle.

<_<  The 'Vette shouldn't look similar to a Korean Hyundai or a Camaro. :(  Especially the camaro.. now it's gonna look like (from the rear)...  if it has the cross-flags symbol, it's a corvette, and if it has the "bow-tie" logo, then it's a Camaro. The '14 'Vette and the current Camaro have very similarly shaped tail-lights. Of course dad HATES the design.

I hate the rear quarter-panel windows.. (makes it look like a Camaro, there. or another coupe... NOT a Corvette. :(  )

A 4-seat coupe has rear quarter-panel windows for back seat passengers to look out of.., not a 2 seater single-row coupe. Come ON guys....

The Corvette is completely ruined now! What a freaking disaster! THIS is America's sports-car! Not a Hyundai-ish, Camaro-ishy mixed designed coupe.     :cry  :cry I hate the new upcoming style, the 2014 model, coming to dealerships in Fall 2013.
 <_<  <_<  <_<  

On the positive side, we still have the Camaro, at least that's awesome, in it's 1967-1969 retro style! :D   I bet in 2016, when the next-generation Camaro debuts, Chevy might do a retro version of the 1970-1973 Camaro.  Hmmm.  :rolleyes:  I can only wonder.

But the '14 'vette is one ugly thing that looks like the result of a Hyundai and a Camaro mixed in a blender. :x Ughhh!! :x

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*This 7th generation Corvette is really really gonna take some getting used to*  < : (  But it's only fair to give something a chance.

My dad has unbelievably said "No, no. that thing is God-awful ugly" to several new car styles that have been released in the last couple of years. HOWEVER, my dad does like the styling of the all new 2013 Ford Fusion, and the new style of the 2014 Chevrolet Impala (which is due for release to dealerships this spring) so at least he likes the look of the new Fusion and Impala anyways.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*Update* i've learned to like this new style of Corvette.

I got a special magazine that talks all about the new 7th generation Corvette. Me being grumpy about it first was actually a "dad" thing. Dad's just been really rotten/nasty/fussy at just about anything lately. He HATES the styling, calls it a "damned slant-eyed jap car/headlights and front end look like a short damned slanty-eyed jap car/rear end looks like a camaro) He *hates* japanese/asian cars.

>:(   He hasn't liked any Corvette since the 5th Generation ended back in 2004. Moan Moan Moan, fuss fuss fuss. "It's ugly! Ugly!"  *awghh, shut up, dad! >:(*

*If you're asking me personally about it, Would I test-drive the new '14 Corvette?  Yes I would!*

:) I LOVE THE NEW 2015 Z06 edition they're doing, too. Available with an Automatic transmission for the first time in history (along with a manual transmission as it did in the previous 5th and 6th generation Z06 Corvettes.)

If it's got an Automatic transmission, i'm capable of driving one. And i've read that the '15 Corvette Z06's engine is estimated at (Get This) 625 HORSEPOWER!! <8 D  *HOLY  C R A P!  TEAR 'EM OPEN LIMB FROM LIMB, BABY!!  *  < 8D !!!  WHITE HOT! :D**

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*I retract my opinion of it being ugly from last year*

Just because my DAD thinks its ugly/saying that the designers succumbed to "Jap-Rice burner" styling*  DOESN'T mean I have to think along with him. I can't stand that rotten grumpy complainer. He's a style skeptic and has really been putting the hate on new car styling. *I admit that the only Chevrolet models I like that they currently make are the Corvette, and the SS sport sedan. <_<*

I've seen a few of the brand new 2014 Corvettes here in person, and they don't have disastrously ugly styling in my opinion. The only bummer (to me) is that the cd player is gone/cd players are no longer available in the Corvette as of the 2014 model year.

I am PUMPED that they're building a Z06 edition, too.  625 horsepower, Automatic transmission will be available. MAN I can't wait for the hottest most powerful-engined Corvette to be released. :) This is what the new 2015 Corvette Z06 looks like :D and MAN does this thing have SPORTS GEAR!:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/wp-conten...te-Z06-MAIN.jpg

(here's the interior)

http://www.slashgear.com/wp-content/upload...etteZ06-024.jpg

(here's the rear)
http://www.autofocusblog.net/wp-content/fl...vette-z06-2.jpg

(and here is the estimated-625 HORSEPOWER LT-4 engine it's equipped with. >X D  I mean look at this thing, guys!!! :D  WOW!  *The '15 Corvette Z06 is a GUARANTEED Chick Magnet!*  >X D  !!)  This car can go from 0-60 mph in just 3.4-3.6 seconds!!! :D

Engine:
http://image.superchevy.com/f/hotnews/1401...6-engine-02.jpg

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks neat, but the first link in your last post doesn't seem to work.  Found a link with some pictures of the 2014 corvette stingray.  http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-stingray...r-pictures.html

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Kor: The link to the first picture works for me fine, now. Yes, i've seen those pictures, too. Thanks. ;) Glad you think the car looks neat.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I assumed you had been to the page, but thought it couldn't hurt to post the link.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Remember, this is *nothing at all* against any GOF member's personal cars. :( It's okay.

I'm just telling all of you that i'm really happy and excited that the most powerful production Corvette ever made, is almost here. :D