The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Forgiveness?

Saft · 24 · 1926

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Let's it put it this way. Two of my favorite phrases are "Live for revenge" and "Never forget. Never forgive". This applies to major slights against me or the few people that I actually consider close to me. Minor stuff tends to get forgotten though.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 28 2010 on  08:28 PM
What if you did something that upset someone and you apologized for it, would you want them to forgive you or continue to be angry at you for something you can't change?
DH, I'm just not the type of person that forgiveness comes easy to. It's nice that other people can forgive and if they forgive the stuff I have done that's great, but forgiveness has always been a challenge for me, no matter what the situation was.

I hope I'm making sense here...

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I won't say that forgiveness comes easy for me but I am more likely to relent on a given argument than others might. If I believe that an apology is truly heartfelt and sincere then I'm willing to forgive and forget. I'm not saying that memories don't last (coz they do in some cases) but I'm not one to let the past drag me down. The past has happened and there's bugger all that can be done about it now. As long as one can learn from their mistakes and not make them again in the future. Again, of course, it depends on severity of case. In the most extreme case if I lost a friend or family to a murderer, forgiveness would not come so readily. But in generalised circumstances, I can forgive provided lessons are acknowledged and learned. Besides that, I'm too lazy to hold a grudge  :p

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It really does depend on what I am forgiving. Sooner or later I always forgive and forget with some things it just takes me longer.