The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I have no problem waiting.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I will reveal one spoiler for those who decide to wait.

Spitfire = General who won't take ANY crap!

Yes, that's all you need to know about her.  I liked her just from her first sentence in this episode.  She's in my top 10 now.  No question asked.

Oh, and also in my review, expect screenshots.

See ya later today for the stream links. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can wait till tomorrow, no biggie to me.  I think another episode was leaked before last season.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Enjoy getting my STREAM POST this early while you still can.

I'm not sure who will show the leak early or who will be honorable and show the episode when it's meant to air at 10:30 EST.  Guess you'll just have to look. :)

BronyState

Hello everyone! BronyState here with a special announcement regarding this week's Pony Episode Livestream. Our Post-Show is going to have a special guest: Voice Actress of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, Andrea Libman! She'll be chatting live with staff from both BronyState and Celestia Radio and giving reactions and thoughts of the episode right after it airs! We'll be posting more info on our site regarding this special Post-Show in the near future so be sure to check frequently throughout the week. She'll be joining with us around 11:00 AM EST this Saturday December 15th, which is at the end of the new MLP:FiM Episode.

Hope to see you all there!

------------------------------

BronyTV

Even if the episode is leaked, Bronytv is proud to bring you this weeks mare-a-thon anyway for "Wonderbolt Academy AKA Top Colt". This week brings the staple of a My Little Pony marathon, Friendship is Witchcraft, random PMV's and music all leading to this weeks episode just as nature intended: when it airs. Hope to see you there!

------------------------------

MLP Forums

Once again, MLP Forums will be hosting a movie night and pony marathon followed by a live stream of the new episode in the morning. We'll start the night off with two films, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire starting at 4:00 PM EST followed by Ghostbusters at 6:35 PM. Immediately following the movies we'll have a marathon of seasons one and two starting at 8:20 PM and lasting until the new episode airs at 10:30 AM.

-------------------------------

Brony Network

Hey Guys we got some great stuff to play this weekend, were adding 4 movies to be played before the midnight marathon on our old channel, BronyNetwork3, so if u got nothing else to do in the night then we got some movies for ya to play. Meanwhile at BronyNetwork4 @ Midnight we'll be playing our usual MLP:FIM marathon all randomize with pony music videos (PMV'S). then @6am it's 3 hours saving the world with Doctor Who. then @8:30am it's a full hour of science with Bill Nye The Science Guy, then @9:30am is the MLP:FIM Season 3 Pre-show where we catch up on 2 season 3 episodes leading up to the new episode. then @10:30am is the new episode of MLP, then finally @11am after the new episode is the entire day of MLP marathon. we hope to see you there ^^
Friday Movie Night: (Timezone will be played in Eastern U.S. Time)
@8pm (Movies that'll play in order)
"Shriek if you know what i did last friday the 13th"
"Scary Movie"
"Scary Movie 2"
"Evil Dead"
http://www.livestream.com/thebronynetwork3

Saturday:
@Midnight MLP Marathon (Randomize Episodes W/ PMV'S)
@6am Doctor Who Marathon
@8:30am Bill Nye The Science Guy
@9:30am MLP Season 3 Pre-Show
@10:30am MLP Season 3 New Episode
@11am MLP Marathon (Played in Order ALL DAY!!)
http://www.livestream.com/thebronynetwork4

---------------------------------

Huh!  No Filly this week!  Oh well! :D

Hope you enjoy the streams! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I promised screenshots, but apparently Mediafire is having problems uploading files.  So, this post will be edited with all the screenshots I had planned later.

Anyways...

REVIEW WITH SPOILERS POST!!

So, in this episode Rainbow Dash gets accepted into the Wonderbolts Academy.  You can think of it as the Army for Pegasi.  Yes, the episode is reminiscent of the army cartoons I saw as a child.  Right down to "the general who won't take any crap" and said general giving out ridiculous exercise regimens.

Previous cameos include Spitfire, who is the general that won't take any crap and gives out those ridiculous exercise regimens, and the muscle bound pegasus stallion with tiny wings from Hurricane Fluttershy.  Yeah, he's actually a Wonderbolts fan.  Go figure. :)

The plot seems to mainly revolve around Rainbow Dash being teamed up with a mint-colored pegasus named Lightning Dust.  Think of this newcomer as a more cocky and jerky Rainbow Dash.  The two are very similar in terms of personality and flight abilities. (Even matching Rainbow Dash in a 200-lap race.) It's just that Lightning Dust likes to push herself more.  Which will become important later.

Anyways, I like the Wonderbolt Trainee uniforms, though I'm surprised they had one that fit the muscle bound pegasus stallion.

My favorite device they used was the Dizzatron, which is meant to simulate spin-outs in flight.  Rainbow Dash and Lightning Dust's scores in this are very close in this one. (Rainbow Dash's score being slightly better.) It's just that Lightning Dust asks for it to be set to maximum.  So, it's no wonder she didn't do as good as Rainbow Dash.

I kind of liked the idea that Rainbow Dash had to earn the leader role.  It helped flesh her out more and showed that she deserves to be a Wonderbolt.  Also, Lightning Dust is given the leader role between the two because she likes to push herself more.

The episode also brought out a very important lesson that, while it is important for you to be the best at what you can do, it should not be done at the expense of others.  This is Lightning Dust's major flaw.  Though she wants to be the best, she doesn't care about others or how her actions might harm them, as demonstrated when she uses a tornado to get rid of the clouds.  One that almost killed Rainbow Dash's friends.

Which lead to one of the most epic "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!" scenes ever (Will be up on YouTube in no time.  Trust me.) and Rainbow Dash demonstrating how you can save non-pegasus ponies with clouds.

Rainbow Dash is so upset about how the Wonderbolts can allow someone like Lightning Dust to get away with something like that that she quits right in front of Spitfire, and do you know how she responds to that just before Rainbow Dash leaves?

Spitfire: How dare you storm out of my office without giving me a chance to respond!  The Wonderbolts are looking for the best flyers in Equestria.  But you were right, being the best shouldn't come at the expense of our fellow ponies.  It's not just about pushing ourselves.  It's about pushing ourselves in the right direction.  You've shown your capable of doing just that.

She then takes away Lightning Dust's leader badge and banishes Lightning from the Wonderbolts Academy. (In just two swift motions I might add.) Spitfire then gives said leader badge to Rainbow Dash.

So yeah, Rainbow Dash is now permanently in the Wonderbolts Academy and we'll see if anything develops from that.

The one major flaw of this episode was Pinkie Pie.  I understand it's important to be close to your friends and all, but this was seriously too much, though I wouldn't be surprised if RainbowPie/PinkieDash fans saw it differently.

If it weren't for her, I'd consider the episode one of my favorites.

Wow!  Never thought I'd put in so much!

See ya later! :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I like that Dash was in the right for once, instead of being the problem.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Recap: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic S3 E10: Spike at Your Service
AT&T U-verse's synopsis from FYI Television: Just as Spike is about to be gobbled up by hungry Timberwolves, he is saved by Applejack; Spike feels the need to repay Applejack and is soon offering a little too much assistance on the farm in order to fulfill the "Noble Dragon Code."

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just looked at the latest comments from EqD about the episode and, as I expected, the tomboy haters are attacking Spitfire.

See?  First Rainbow Dash, then Babs Seed and now Spitfire.  Yep!  The Tomboy Curse strikes again! -_-

EDIT: Just ignore them.  Do as Spitfire commands below and you'll have a less stressful life.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Watch this animation from DeviantART and see if Pinkie Breaks through your monitor.

http://eeglfethr.deviantart.com/art/Pinkie...saver-343114436

She failed with me. :D

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I dunno.  I didn't have any problems with Pinkie Pie in this episode.  She wasn't too annoying and at the same time was pretty funny in a few places.  

As for the episode, MLP just keeps getting more and more awesome.  The characters keep getting fleshed out more and more and we learn more about Rainbow Dash and the others.  I can't wait for the next episode! :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, even though we just had Episode 7, next up is Episode 9.  Yep!  We get another year of an episode airing out of order.  Are they doing this on purpose?

Anyways, the next episode is Apple Family Reunion.

Let's hope to God that the writers are smart enough to do the right thing with the question of the whereabouts of Applejack's parents. (That is IF they are brought up at all.) Otherwise, there's going to be serious backlash from the brony community.

Anyways, due to my schedule, I won't be able to give a review next week. (Unless there's an unexpected leak again.)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
From what I've read on the MLP Wiki, Apple Family Reunion is now apparently episode eight.

Also, I wouldn't hold my breath on us discovering what happened to Applejack's parents. After all, Dragon Quest was going to be about Spike learning about his past but it instead ended up being the My Little Pony After School Special.

I hope Babs shows up in this episode.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Dec 18 2012 on  12:42 PM
From what I've read on the MLP Wiki, Apple Family Reunion is now apparently episode eight.
Well, remember that key word there.  WIKI!  Think of what that means and take what you have been told with a grain of salt.

Also, I wouldn't hold my breath on us discovering what happened to Applejack's parents. After all, Dragon Quest was going to be about Spike learning about his past but it instead ended up being the My Little Pony After School Special.

I hope Babs shows up in this episode.

To be honest, I'm not holding my breath either.  I think the writers will just avoid it all together.

I also have hopes for a Babs appearance myself. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They do seem to be avoiding revealing certain things.  I'm surprised they had Rarity  & Sweetie Bells parents appear in the cameo they did.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Meghan McCarthy ?@MMeghanMcCarthy
I switched to a cable company that carries @HubTVNetwork Just in time to hear a certain #MLPFIM character sing this Saturday. Yee-haw!

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
New Year’s Day programming on the network will include a festival of family fare including a ten- episode block of the Hasbro Studios-produced “My Little Pony Friendship is Magic”
Tuesday, January 1 (11 a.m.-4 p.m. ET) featuring the studious young unicorn Twilight Sparkle who lives in the village of Ponyville, where she and her five pony friends teach one another about the most powerful magic of all, the magic of friendship!