The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I didn't pay much attention to if the characters were exactly on or not.  In my opinion on the show some of the show writers don't write certain characters as well as others and some characters are off when handled in certain episodes.  Overall I did enjoy it, especially knowing it was a fan made project.    I think they did well, all things considered.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I enjoyed new pony material.  But honestly I didn't like the episode very much.  By far if I were to compare it to all the official episodes, this one was my least favorite.  It was far too simple and dragged on forever.  Add to that the crossover and it just sorta killed it for me.  Sorry.  I'm sure it was a lot of work.  But it was worse than most the fanfictions I've read.  And that's saying something.   <_<

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I don't understand why people are so excited that MLP is airing in Japan. I mean, unless you live in the country, you shouldn't be THAT excited about it. Where was all this enthusiasm when it was coming to Italy or Germany or whatever other country it aired in?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to hate on Japan or anything. I just think that the only reason people care this much is because Japan is where anime came from.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
^That's exactly it.  People want to see what the reception is in Japan and how it stacks up against other Anime's to Japanese people.  I myself am very curious.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The battle of the century: an American cartoon meant for little girls vs. Japanese cartoons meant for little girls. Who will win?

Really, I don't think it's that important if Japanese people like this show. If they do, great. Means the show will have more fans and hopefully be around a bit longer. But this is no different than when MLP began in other countries so why all this extra attention for Japan? Oh right, because anime.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
What is this Annie May you speak of, animeboye?[/joking]

I think MLP will probably do decently in Japan, even if it's not a huge hit over there. I wouldn't worry about it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not really worried if it does well in Japan. In all honesty I don't even really care that much. Like I said, if the Japanese like it(which seems to be the case) then that's great. Hopefully it means the show will be around for a bit longer.

I guess part of the reason I don't care that much is because I just don't like what anime has become. Despite my username I'm not that big into anime anymore(I still like the old stuff like DBZ or Detective Conan). I'm sick of all the moe/harem garbage that makes up a good percentage of anime nowadays. They're all pretty much the same thing. Even the rare non moe/harem anime that have been coming out as of late don't sound that interesting. The only "new" anime that sound interesting to me are Steins Gate and Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. Who knows? Maybe there are some good anime out there I haven't learned of yet and like everything else nowadays, I just have to dig to find the good stuff.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Bird Cat ?@MLP_Birdcat 8. apr @MMeghanMcCarthy on what i said about disabilites is there a future episode or has there been one already been made?     Meghan McCarthy ?@MMeghanMcCarthy 8. apr @MLP_Birdcat One being made that will air in the future. :-)  I’m very excited about it.  It’s a very fun episode.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's a couple more pictures of the upcoming Season 2.

First, looks like Twilight might have a power we don't know about.

That picture was not in Season 2 or Season 3.

The Scandinavian DVD as requested.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
DGD Davidson who wrote A Mighty Demon Slayer Grooms Some Ponies.

The story's hilarious but I wish he'd stop shoving his Catholicism into the reader's faces.

Not to mention, he more often than not comes off as a pretentious jerkass.

----------------

Anyways, rumor has it the first episode of S4 will be Alicorn Twilight learning to fly.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Makes sense she'd have to learn how to fly, instead of knowing how to fly right off.  

Reminds me of the silver age reprints I read of some superman stories where very kryptonian were just as good at using their powers as superman is even if they got their powers a second previously.  & his telling supergirl she has to learn to use her powers.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Check Out the Japanese Version Here&#33;
Check Out the Japanese Version Here!

Yep, subtitles and everything!  However, I do notice that the script is changed only slightly, and far from being so bad that it would cause a big fuss. (Save for those that are "Original Script Only Nazis". :P: )

See what they have to offer. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I read elsewhere that they have a long opening so they cut some of the episode, small bits here and there.  I have read that some Japanese fans who have seen the American version are upset by the cuts.

I found a video that has the American and Japanese version.  Japanese only voice, no subtitles.  The lower right, I think, is the Japanese version with the upper left being the American version.  I've watched the first 5 or so minutes and so far they've cut out small scenes, a few seconds here and there, removing brief scenes, stuff like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6u37ev9ktI

The other one I found had the Japanese & English voices playing at the same time, to annoying to watch.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
So what are everyone's personal hopes for Season 4?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile