The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I don't think that's set in stone. It could this season for all I know. I guess it all depends on the ratings, but the feedback so far has been very positive.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It airs on Saturday mornings.  Last morning the new episode started at 9:30am central. I only know since I watch it on a streaming show called The Brony Show that streams it from another streaming channel.  Not sure if this coming Saturday will have it at 9 or 9:30am.  

Nice since after that Circuit Mane streams some cartoons like the 80's TMNT and others after that.

As for how long it'll last.  That's up to Hasbro I guess.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Personally I continue to feel disgusted about the attitute by some people who don't like that franchise and based on that seem to consider it their mission to annoy those who do (often with "arguments" such as "bronies" acting like [insert term here] on other boards).
That franchise is absolutely not my cup of tea. I did watch an episode once and for me it felt like it raised my bloodsugar level.
However, I have absolutely no problem with the idea that other people may like it and I have never been urged by anyone to watch it or been otherwise harassed by the supporters of that franchise.
If people are critically interested in that franchise and would like to discuss specific negative points about it I am sure that such discussions are possible here (as has been the case in the past). If people however have a hearty dislike about the show then why on earth do you take it upon yourself to watch it and then go to people who like it to tell them how much you dislike it without any visible intention of starting a discussion or anything of any sorts? Is there nothing better to do with your time?
Land before time fans of all people should be a bit more open minded about people liking something that they themselves do not. Admittedly, the fandom of my little pony has become a bit of a mass movement rather than the single kid in a class who hides interest in LBT, but I still don't see why that is a reason to act like school children or worse.
I despise the kind of attitutes where members (from both sides of the argument) are deliberately trying to coax others into rule violations or the like.
Is live and let live really so much of a challenge?
My compliments to those of you who, whichever your personal view on the franchise may be are above such a low level of social competences.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
When has "live and let live" even been a part of campion1's character? He's always had this distinct "you better agree with me or else I won't hold your opinion in any kind of esteem" air about him. I'm guilty of it, too, but at least you won't see me going onto a Care Bears topic or whatever to throw pot shots at them.

Thank you Malte for showing once again that you can dislike something or at least not be interested in something and be civil about it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
While I do like MLP:FIM I don't mind if folks don't like it.  Not everyone can like everything.  There are some popular franchises I don't care for or like much but some do and that is fine.  They get to enjoy what they like and I do also.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't mean to add anymore fuel to the fire, but I feel like he was just expressing his own opinion, and there's nothing wrong with that. He said that he gave it another chance and it still didn't appeal to him. Okay, that's fine with me. I like MLP, and don't really care if someone doesn't. Personally, I feel like he wasn't doing anything wrong and that it wasn't all that necessary to call him out on it. This definitely isn't something to to really get angry at someone over.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Learn to read between the lines a little. That wasn't just expressing an opinion. That was him being needlessly snide about it and on top of that, he oh so "subtly" snuck in an insult directed at us. If I had any inclination that it was just him expressing his opinion, I wouldn't have said anything.

Keep in mind that campion1 has been dropping by with more negativity from day one of this thread. Every time he barges in here like he owns the place, he brings with him something else to bother us with.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I agree with Kor here. The only reason the other people have stopped posting negative stuff in this topic is because they do not get a chance to. Campion could have stopped as well, but he chose not to. It could have been me saying I still didn't like the show, because I think all the characters are overrated. Anyway, this will remain a stupid discussion.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
And again, I don't care that you don't like the show as long as you're not going about it in ways you know will piss people off. That's why I called out campion. Not because he doesn't like it.

You guys all seem to think that my issue is that campion doesn't like the show. No. That's not it. My issue is the way he went about it.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Dec 5 2013 on  07:22 PM
If people are critically interested in that franchise and would like to discuss specific negative points about it I am sure that such discussions are possible here (as has been the case in the past).
Enough said, then.
If people however have a hearty dislike about the show then why on earth do you take it upon yourself to watch it and then go to people who like it to tell them how much you dislike it without any visible intention of starting a discussion or anything of any sorts?
This is not a MLP forum. This is a thread on a social forum welcoming open discussion about MLP. My post relates to critical discussion about MLP and merely cites bronies pleas as one reason for watching it. This is not a place for someone to piss on the thread and declare it their territory.

I will post my opinion when I want to. Please do not bend my post around and declare me a troll for doing that, Malte. LBTDiclonius, Kor and Mumbling get the right idea.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, it's that time of the week again!  Here are the ones that will Live Stream the new episode when it airs tomorrow at 10 AM Eastern!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/seas...treams-and.html

I'll watch the new episode tomorrow after work and then give my review then.

See ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for the link.  As usual I'll be watching The Brony Show stream since afterwards Circtuit Mane will show an episode of the 80's TMNT and other cartoons.  Though I think he streams another stream.  Something called Otaku, not sure if I get that spelled right.  I just like that not just cause afterwards I get to see an episode of the 80's tmnt.  Making it feel sorta like cartoon Saturday mornings.  Though the Earthwork Jim is kinda ok once in a while.  Freakazoid is ok also, to me, as long as I don't see to much of it, maybe an episode very few months at most.

Based on the episode's title some fancanon may be rendered uncanon.  I wonder if it will be or not.  Just not saying the episode title in case some prefer not to know it.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The Season 1-2 FIM Soundtrack has been officially released!

Equestria Daily Announcement

The track list is:

At the Gala Song
Becoming Popular
The Smile Song
Art of the Dress
May the Best Pet Win
The Flim Flam Cider Song
The Laughter Song
Winter Wrap-Up
B.B.B.F.F.
This Day Aria
Love is in Bloom

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice.  Though I do wish they had done separate seasons so that way they could get more from each season.  Nice that they have done this at all though.  Maybe they'll do themed ones later, like cmc, or other themes.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
S4E13 To Be Announced note As stated by Meghan McCarthy, this episode "might feature my favorite Rarity performance ever. Really not sure how [Tabitha St. Germain] made it through that record."

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
My post relates to critical discussion about MLP
Except that there was nothing critical about your post and served no other purpose than to make yourself heard in the most blunt and rude way possible. You were what you were doing. Stop trying to deny it.

This is not a MLP forum.
I have seen SO many trolls use that excuse that it's gone beyond being pathetic.

I will post my opinion when I want to.
As long as you're intentionally rude about it, that's fine.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Daddytops2009,Dec 6 2013 on  04:48 PM
S4E13 To Be Announced note As stated by Meghan McCarthy, this episode "might feature my favorite Rarity performance ever. Really not sure how [Tabitha St. Germain] made it through that record."
Sounds like Rarity may have a song in that episode.  I think she's had 2 songs before.  Is the voice actress for Rarity the same as the one who sings her songs? I know some characters on the show have different people who sing then do the regular voice acting.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Rarity's singing voice is provided by Kazumi Evans, while her normal voice is provided by Tabitha St. Germain.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Perhaps that's changed as of this episode. I haven't heard of any regular voice overs taking over for their singing voice, though, so who knows.