The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4

Nick22 · 606 · 56322

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
heres the thread for Part 4 of the Insane Cafe series. post thoughts ideas, and characters in here..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
so, was this going to be the one done in outer space?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes this is the one that takes place on a spaceship, and involves travel though outer space..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
The Pelvanida Group will be retained.

I want to keep my three living planes but I can't imagine how they'll be able to board the starship - let alone fly around - unless it is huge.

So are we sticking with the two starships previously mentioned?

Phoenix - Houses a GIANT resturaunt (Nick's cafe)

Spire of Winter - The other ship

Both of them are long range colony ships with military capabilities (say light weapons, light shielding and a garrison of space troopers).

So how does that fit?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes that fits Serris..since they are living planes they'll be able to fly through space, well for relatively short flights anyway, since they do rely on fuel..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No oxygen in space so their jet engines won't work. But they don't need to breathe. I guess they can be retrofitted with rockets (or even ion drives) for space travel. And I guess they can dock inside hangars aboard these massive ships if they want to rest.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good point.. Now the Pelvanida gang will be at Shaggys mansion, for some occassion.. and scooby and Dixie have a lot of thier friends over.. and thats when the fun starts..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess the living planes can be doing flyovers to celebrate the wedding mentioned in the 3rd Insane Cafe.

So what will the title be?

The only that I could think of is The Insane Cafe: Journey to the Insane Frontier.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been considering this one and I may very well join.  But I can't think all that clearly right now on specifics and what not....so yeah.  Guess when I do feel better and at least my head's not spinning as such I'll get back to you lot on this one.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Having binged on MLP: FiM, I want to propose two sort of dark story arcs based on that world. Any suggestions and comments welcome.

I just found a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fic called Dark Skies. It's about a group (Shadowbolts) led by a disgraced member of the Wonderbolts aerobatic team and a dishonorably discharged member of Celestia's Pegasi guards who plot to kill the Wonderbolts.

I can imagine this being twisted by Chong in his insane attempts to gain power (hire/bribe/coerce the Shadowbolts to kill Nick or help him gain his powers back.) Or he does a trade (They help him gain his powers/kill Nick, Chong helps them kill the Wonderbolts).

Or borrow a few pieces from another MLP: FiM fan fic (Guardians) and have Chong hire/bribe/coerce some of the Diamond Dogs do his dirty work.

The trigger for both these arcs is that one of the  starships is severely damaged (space battle or whatever) and forced to land on the "Pony Planet"  and stay until they can repair the ship. Unfortunately, they come under attack by Chong and his hired muscle. Either way, they will still get to live in Equestria for a while and interact with the locals.

Finally, if we can get the soldier ponies (from the fan fic Guardians and they are  equipped with guns and explosives) to work right (help in protecting the downed starship, perhaps?), could we include them?

And I guess our characters could end up having to help guard the Wonderbolts if the first arc is used.

If those arcs don't work, an arc where the characters voluntarily land and interact with the MLP: FiM characters in a light and fluffy, nonaction arc could work.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As for how the living planes could fly in space it could be a potion Jason made or formulated and gave the forumla to the right person to make it for them, Or it could be something like oxypills that Reed Richards invented, or that spray that was used at least once in an old fantasic four comic that lets Johnny flame on & use his flame powers for a certain amount of time underwater.    Don't recall if the spray was used more then that once.

Not sure which of my characters I may be using.  Likely Jason and Guilmon, not sure about others, or if Guilmon may be visiting friends in the digital world at that time.  

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sure Serris.. there will be interactions with the Ratchet and clank universe as well, so theres going to be a lot of space travel.Those plots work fine..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mr Drake you are free to jump in at any time.. so no hurry :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I do know who I'd play as anyway.  At least you Nick and Serris would know her.  Thought it would be fun to bring her into this sort of universe as well, sort of, in a way, an AU for her at the very least.....

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sure MrDrake. bring her in... :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I believe I shall.  Granted, other parts of it I am still trying to work out in my mind.  But I shall bring in Aimee regardless and hopefully, by the time this one starts up, the rest I have in my mind should hopefully be all sorted out.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like most of us do not have all our characters in mind.  

Not sure if folks liked any I did or I did any of the fc's well.  

Sounds different, having the insane cafe in space.  Will it be a full space ship or a space station?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I've only got Aimee in mind.  I do have others, but not specifics for them is all....especially names and how many there are to be and all that XD

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you can bring in akll your characters Kor. we'll need them..and Kor there will be both space stations and spaceships..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
All of my characters may be to many.