The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Grettings from Mysterious Beyond

Ruby2 · 19 · 2943

Ruby2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hello there.  I heard about this place from two users named LittlefootAndAliTogether and PathLight on a forum called the Gang of Seven.  

http://the-gang-of-seven.freeforums.net/

It is really neat, though new.  LAT and I are working on a LBT trilogy together.  It's called the Greatest Adventure Trilogy.

He says that this forum (GOF) is infested with Sharpteeth, but I think he's a kidder.  

I see that user silvershadow of the Gang of Seven is here too.

I'm Ruby on the Gang of Seven.  I tried to register here under that name but it's already taken so I took Ruby2.

Both LAT and PL both said that you'd perma banned and IP banned them.  I asked both of them why.

PL said that he was spamming (He does tend to go off topic) and LAT said it was over disagreements on politics, Chomper, fanfics, and a rivalry with a user named Ducky123.  

Also, I found out about you due to the new GOF page on the LBT wiki too.

You are invited to the Gang of Seven forum.

As for here, I might pop in from time to time.  I happen to like The Swimmer Trials story.  

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hello and welcome to the GOF :)

I am one of the admins PathLight lists among his "least favorite" under his avatar.
Unfortunately both of them were causing a huge amount of trouble and problems over here. They were both told about the problems and which attitutes of theirs they would have to change in order to allow for the respectful interaction of our members which is the basis for a good online community.
When their actions continued they were told again about the problems (and they got long PMs about what the problems were). They were warned and temporarily suspended for further violations of the board rules and when in spite of all these warnings and being told that their next violation of the board rules would lead to a permanent ban they did continue with such problematic attitudes we ultimately had to ban them.
As admins we really don't like taking that last measure, but after all the warnings they received and the lack of change of problematic attitutes left us no other choice and while they may claim to be clueless about the reasons for their bans I still have the page long PMs sent to L&AT laying out exactly which problems there were.
Attitudes included the creation of fake accounts (pretending to be more than a person (which by the way seems to be a tradition continued by them on their new forum)), naming accounts with names to snide other members of this community, frequent presentation of personal opinions as facts without any evidence whatsoever to back up some rather offensive views, posting a list of members of our community in which these members were given labels like "Chomper hater", "Grumpy liberal Chomper hater" etc., calling for the use of violence against the US Supreme Court after they made a decision which he (L&AT) didn't approve, mass spamming with messages and threads of no real content (this was mostly PathLight)...
The list could still be continued. My main point is that we really didn't ban them without giving them quite a few chances to change their problematic attitudes they were told about in very understandable personal messages we sent to them. Many online communities would not have given them so many chances and so much feedback about their attitutes. They decided not to change and therefore left us no alternative anymore. We were exemplary in our patience and after all they had done the permanent bans are fair. If on the new board they claim not to know why they were banned I'm afraid this just goes to show that they didn't read or understood the many messages we send them to tell them what exactly was wrong and what the consequences of further wrongdoing would be.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Hello and welcome... Oh a gang of 7 site. I noticed some of my fanart as been posted there on the fan art caption topic.. there...

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
The main issue I have with LAT is that he often painted himself as a victim over here when he was still a member when other members got mad at him, instead of looking at the attitudes that he expressed that resulted in it. It comes as no surprise that he continues to believe that he was victimized as evidenced by the "this place is infested with sharpteeth" remark. I've been on this board for years and I can safely say it's one of the friendliest communities I've ever been to. LAT's comment stems from the fact that he himself is unwilling to see what he did wrong and he believes that he was the one who had been unjustly treated. This certainly isn't the case, and as Malte pointed out, he as well as Path Light had been given a chance to change. This is not a luxury many other boards would have given, and they both should consider themselves lucky that they were even given any chance to change their attitudes. They could have stayed here and remained members if they had changed their attitudes that were addressed in messages sent to them. Their eventual banning was their own fault, considering the chances they were given and how they just ignored this in the end.

That's all I'll say on the matter.

Oh and welcome to GOF!

Simba King Of Pride Rock

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/
I joined, but then decided not to pursue it when I saw them calling me out for that RP idea on Chomper I posted. Well, that was not a success, so I will drop it. That's all I am saying.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Wow the forum was... real. I had no idea. Anyway welcome to the gang of five, you'll love it here. The users are amazing and we get into some great debts about Land Before Time as well as current issues/events going on around the world. Have fun!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome, always great to see a new member on here.  I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun here and make new friends too.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Welcome the the Gang of Five, Ruby2! I hope you enjoy your time with us and get involved in lots of conversations.

I am really not surprised about the Gang of Seven's existence. I've had a quick look on there. L&AT hasn't changed his attitude at all, I can see. He's doing exactly what Darkhououmon said; playing the victim card when he was the one at fault for eventually getting banned. Also, as Malte said, both of them were given many chances to change and didn't. Neither were banned without good reason. I won't be joining the Gang of Seven, but thanks for the invite anyway. :)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time with us, and see that the Gang of Five is not 'infested with sharpteeth' but is filled with friendly and accepting people. :wave

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jul 2 2015 on  11:13 AM
I won't be joining the Gang of Seven, but thanks for the invite anyway. :)
Neither will I. It was nice of you to give out the invitation, Ruby2. But I have no reason to really join that forum.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the Gang of 7 is an exact copy of this board, a doppelganger. Basically every topic on there was copied from this one, even the icons designating new or old topics are the same. this is not the first time Path Light has copied this board down to the last letter, hes done it before. its not something we condone, far from it, but we cant really stop him from doing that. there's a reason both he and LAT were banned, more than 1, in fact.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jul 2 2015 on  10:51 AM
Neither will I. It was nice of you to give out the invitation, Ruby2. But I have no reason to really join that forum.
Neither will I, that place looks... creepy.

Ruby2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Midnight,Jul 2 2015 on  12:56 PM
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jul 2 2015 on  10:51 AM
Neither will I, that place looks... creepy.
Actually, it wasn't Path Light who made the copy, it was LAT himself.  (He told that he got the idea from PL, but figured that if he made some differences, and gave it a different name, that you couldn't knock it down like you did with PL's forums.)

Plus, LAT speaks so highly of you Midnight.  He says that you were "one of the few users that never seemed to dislike me here."

He also said that much of the bad stuff was HIS own fault and agrees that this is one of the most tolerant forums out there (indeed, his copy is trying to be more tolerant than yours, or just as tolerant.), though other stuff was replying to Ducky123, whom he seems to dislike so much that he created a fake account for him and banned him.

I thought Ducky123 was a trouble-maker, the way he went on about him.

LAT said that his discussions in the After Midnight section seemed to be his downfall.  Plus, he really does have banphobia.

He said that he also likes Littlefoot fan 1990 and Chomper rules 1993 and you and maybe a few others uers.  He said he didn't expect Ducky123 or many of the others to join.

Anyway, unlike LAT, while I think a "bad Chomper" scenario wouldn't work for LBT, that it can be fun to try and make Dark Side scenarios for a character.  Thus, I would be open to join the role play that SKOPR had.  

My idea was that Chomper would be a regular Sharptooth, encounter Littlefoot's kids not know they were his, and end up taking them out (or perhaps coming close to doing so) and then Littlefoot would go after Chomper.

I do have fanifcs of my own (such as a scenario where two Sharpteeth meet Chomper, who happened to be in the Mysterious Beyoond, pose as friendly Sharpteeth, gullible Chomper lets them in, and they almost attack someone, and Chomper gets the boot and the others have to prove that Chomper wasn't part of this and was just duped to get him back in.)  

However, LAT has personally given me permission to post his (He seems to REALLY love his fanfics.)

I think I'm going to love it here.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Making accounts of people just to ban them, is an abuse of admin powers ruby. It is not something I would ever do here . Ducky is a woman, btw, not a man.the differences between GOF and GO7 are minimal, the only real difference is a different picture, pretty much everything else is copied verbatim.
 you are welcome here Ruby, lets make that clear, but do not bring LATs fanfictions on here. his fanfictions and his inability to separate his fanfiction ideas from canon, was part of his downfall here, he would post his fictions all over the place, which was frankly annoying. we have a section for fanfictions after all. and his ban phobia caused him to act out in ways that lead to his ban. it became a self-fulfilling prophecy, by his actions. we are a very tolerant community here, we let a lot of stuff go, for the sake of community. but we do have limits to that tolerance.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Plus, LAT speaks so highly of you Midnight. He says that you were "one of the few users that never seemed to dislike me here."

I have nothing against the guy (in fact, I appreciated his energy). But the fake board is weird.

That said, I really appreciated LAT as a person and fellow user.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ruby2,Jul 2 2015 on  01:29 PM
He also said that much of the bad stuff was HIS own fault and agrees that this is one of the most tolerant forums out there (indeed, his copy is trying to be more tolerant than yours, or just as tolerant.), though other stuff was replying to Ducky123, whom he seems to dislike so much that he created a fake account for him and banned him.

I thought Ducky123 was a trouble-maker, the way he went on about him.

LAT said that his discussions in the After Midnight section seemed to be his downfall.  Plus, he really does have banphobia.

Great I'm glad he's finally accepting his own fault because not many who are banned here ever do, so that's a good start. Keep in mind not only is this the most tolerant forum on the internet it is also the nicest I've ever visited or logged onto. You would really have to do a lot to get kicked out of here and sadly many users had enough of his posts but that wasn't without warnings from the mods, as said before by the other users said above. If he did dislike a user because he felt he was being bullied he could have easily reported him or had a chat with the mods explaining his frustration. Ducky123 is not a trouble-maker, he has been a friend of mine on this forum for a long time to which I am very thankful for. You unfortunately have been given only one side of the story. I'm sad to hear about the banphobia but unless he doesn't learn from his mistakes then it will only keep on happening to him. Maybe after a long period of time he could request to come back if it was possible, maybe a voting process or something like we did for a user a long time ago.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ducky is a woman, btw, not a man
Erm... actually I'm a man  :smile

Whatever L&AT might have told you about me is wrong. I was acting out of character whenever I felt like L&AT did something against the rules or was just being annoying. I was one of the few on here who actively tried to make L&AT realise that things he did and wrote were often (sorry for language) bullshit.
I'm actually a friendly guy but when I feel someone is a bad influence for this place I let Ducky show her evil side so to speak.

Anyway, I, too, welcome you to the GoF and I hope you'll enjoy it here (but please don't post L&AT's fanfictons. Nobody's gonna read them anyway...) :)
Inactive, probably forever.