The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Will the TV Series be continued?

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Since LBT 14 is most likely happening
Do you guys think the tv series will continue?

Edit: Sorry, I just edited the title of this thread a little to avoid misunderstandings as the original title could have been misinterpreted as an announcement of an actual continuation of the series rather than the question whether or no tthere is to be a continuation ;)
Life Is Good

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, for all we know it could be continued. Nothing hints at that at the moment but then again who would have thought LBT is gonna get another sequel? :p Though I'd prever movies, I wouldn't moind another Tv-series :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd prefer them to continue the TV Series they already had rather than make an entirely new one.  

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, the episodes weren't all that related to each other to be honest. It's not like some other tv-series where one episode refers to the previous episodes. So I don't think there's much of a difference between continuing the old one and starting a new one :p

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
As long as Ruby and Chomper are still in it, I guess not.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I doubt there will be another TV series.

As the last one was a flop and a failure on the ratings, the movies are much much more successful. So if the producers of LBT have to choose between another TV series or another movie. Most likely they'll choose the movie, it'll be more profitable from DVD sales and the likes.

Yeah, the TV series was a total failure, thats why it was canceled so early.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Still, we still need to explain why Ruby and Chomper aren't around anymore, unless they continue where the series left off.  That could also be a problem if they just pretend the series never happened.

Also, we don't even know if the TV Series is dead either.  The film series was thought dead too, but 14 is coming back.  

It is beyond the realm of possibility that they'll reopen the TV Series too later in 2016 or something.  

I mean, if Chomper and Ruby aren't in 14, they'll need to explain where they went.  We all  :wub Ruby and will be ticked if they axe her!   It could be the end of the film series if they're not careful.  

They might be thinking of actually making a season 2, but are waiting to see how Journey of the Heart does.  If it's a flop, LBT will likely die.  

If, on the other hand, it's film 12 quality or better, and, even better, if it's as good as film 1-5 or film 7, they'll be really likely to make a season 2 for the film series.  

After all, it was more likely the problems with Wisdom of Friends that hurt the TV Series, not the TV Series itself.

As for the film series, I'd like to see a theater release before it's all over.  Preferably a finale film or two that would tie up with them as near adults as they become adults.  Something that would tie up the fate of Chomper, Littlefoot and Ali, and the others.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Maybe Ruby and Chomper will be in the new movie.

The series takes place after the 13th movie, so unless this new movie is going to take place before the events of the series there is no reason why Chomper or Ruby shouldn't be in it.

But then again, it was completely different people working on the TV series compared to the movies.

The TV series did fail, it barely made any profit back. They might decide to give it another shot but these big companies don't tend to risk more money on things clearly not working out.

One of the biggest reasons the series failed when they gave it it's Australian run is that they chose to air it at 12pm on weekdays, most people would be at school or work during that time.

Only got to see a few episodes when I was off school from a horse riding injury. They put it on the worst time they could of.

As a result, the TV series was considered a failure in Australia. Not sure about other places though, but from what I heard it failed pretty much everywhere.

Wish they explained Ruby and Chomper in the first place, or did they just think no one would notice?

Where the heck did Ruby come from?

And how did Chomper get to stay in the valley?

I have a feeling the people who made the series didn't actually think that through, considering it was aimed at young children, kids don't tend to question things like that.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Do you have any sources about the land before time tv series being economically unsuccessful? I'm not questioning that it probably was, but I have never actually seen any official statements but the assumptions of fans about it being a flop.
It was cancelled after the first season, but apart from the (probable) lack of economic success other factors too may have played a role and though it is quite common for a TV series to be continued if not economically unsuccessful, there is no law set in stone that a TV series always has to be continued.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
On the other hand, if they put Ruby and Chomper in a movie, they will have to try and explain who Ruby is and why Chomper is in the Great Valley for all the people who saw the films but never saw the TV Series.  And, they never have explained how Chomper got into the Great Valley, even in the TV Series.  

I remember asking if Ahsoka Tano should ever be in a Star Wars Episode VII (I'd asked this before they announced that they were indeed making one) and somebody said that it would be odd if she turned up as nobody who hasn't seen the Star Wars the Clone Wars TV Series would know who the heck she was.  It would be the same with Ruby, unless they do some explaining, in Journey of the Heart.  Chomper, we've seen in movies before, though he'd have to be explained too, as he wasn't even explained in the TV Series as to how he got allowed in.  

They can use a cop out by saying that Journey of the Heart came before the TV Series.  However, they're going to have to go back to the TV Series at some point or try and bring Chomper and Ruby in and explain about them to the non-TV Series viewers.  

The franchise itself is still in doubt.  If they dodge this important issue, it could spell the end of it.  

With Star Wars the Clone Wars, I think, they cleaned up enough with the reason for Ahsoka leaving and why she's not in Episode III, as being Anakin's Padawan, she should be if something hadn't happened.   I'd been wondering, till then, if they were going to do a Revenge of the Sith remake with her and maybe Ventress in it.  As it is, they cleaned up the Clone Wars series pretty well.  (Wish we knew what happened to Ventress, but, oh well.)  

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, Star Wars the Clone Wars was a TV Series (actually, there were two of them, though I'm talking about the 3D one) that takes place between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.  Anakin gets a Padawan named Ahsoka and she isn't in Episode III, which created a huge plothole that needed to be resolved as she wasn't mentioned as having died (Anakin only mentioned his mother's loss, not Ahsoka's).  She wasn't on the list of Jedi who'd left the Jedi Order.    Luckily, the last episode of Season 5 of the series explained where she went good enough and that plothole is gone and it actually, no doubt, made Anakin mistrust the Jedi Council more, which furthers the plot of Revenge of the Sith.  If they hand't dealt with her, it would have left a need to do a remake of Episode III with her in it.  If they didn't do that, Star Wars would have a gaping plothole.  (Not that there isn't one already as Sidious refers to Luke as "the son of Skywalker" instead of "your son" in Episode V and also the term "Sith" isn't used in the OT.)

You don't just leave a TV Series dangling when you're making movies too that could go around the same time frame as the TV Series.  Ignoring these things you've done in the TV Series when you make a movie can very well tick off those who have seen the TV Series and see your plot hole in the new film and it could well affect the reception of your new film.  Universal has to consider that too.  Loads of people were ticked about Bron's absence for the first 9 films.  If Chomper and Ruby suddenly disappear, it's gonna create a backlash.  On the other hand, if they suddenly appear in the movie, it could also create a backlash of confusion from those who have seen the films but not the TV Series.  

In short, it could affect marketing negatively either way unless they can bring them in to please those who have seen the TV Series but do enough explanation in the films to satisfy those who haven't seen the TV Series (and maybe even actually get them to see it, which will mean more sales.).

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not so sure it was cancelled.  We thought the franchise itself was cancelled, but it was just taking an eight year nap.  

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
no, the series will not be continued. it would be unheard of for 8 years to pass between the first and second season of a show, and the tv series wasnt all that good anyway.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
We'll just have to wait and see... For the 14th movie which may come out this year. I sincerely hope that Ruby and Chomper are in it. :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Does that mean that Ruby is gone? dino_sad.gif dino_sad.gif dino_sad.gif
Why the drama? People aren't too bothered about other characters not making any more appearances. Pterano has a considerably large fanbase yet I've never seen anybody getting really upset about the fact that he didn't get an appearance in the tv-series, only a mention in one episode...

We'll just have to wait and see... For the 14th movie which may come out this year. I sincerely hope that Ruby and Chomper are in it. smile.gif
Yes, me too. Ruby in particular. She's a really likeable and interesting character really adding something to the Gang. She entered my personal Top 10 easily :yes

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah I'm thinking the tv series won't be continued
Life Is Good

I love Jelly Otter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I don't even think they should be continued at all...   ._.

Though would be nice of they put characters from those into upcoming 14th movie.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
While I cannot say anything about the likelihood of it (while considering it unlikely, a continuation of the movie releases too had been considered "unlikely" (to put it mildly) till last november), I think there is a lot of potential left for the TV series.
There are many loose ends and plenty of possibilities for stories too short for a movie, but long enough for a TV series episode. Of course there were points to criticise about the TV series but summing up all pros and cons I ended up considering the TV series better than it's reputation
better than it's reputation.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I consider it more than unlikely myself but, like Malte, I think the tv-series wasn't as bad as many say. It had some really enjoyable episodes though of course there are also these I really didn't like. Still my overall opinion is very positive, for adding Ruby to the Gang alone :) It may not be as great in quality as the movies but it's still a lot more LBT material than we would have without it :)