The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dropping Google Chrome!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am dropping Google Chrome.  It has been a nice browser, but the problems are just annoying.  I understand it's still a beta, but it's just not worth it.

One main problem I've been having is that I have to keep reloading YouTube videos.  It takes several attempts before it plays a video properly.  There's plenty of videos I watch and it would mean a lot to me if it didn't have this issue.

Another thing is that Google Chrome is no longer working properly with my Hotmail Account.  It just stops working properly after I log in.  I can't even delete mail I don't want while I'm on this browser.

These problems have been happening for several weeks and I'm fed up.

I tested it all on Firefox and guess what?  They work!  I can watch videos without having to reload them and I can run my e-mail properly.

Until Google can release a full version of Chrome with these issues fixed, I'm sticking with Firefox.

Oh and on a side note, could someone download the following browser and give me some feedback:

http://www.maxthon.com/

It currently has over 183 MILLION downloads and is growing by the second. :o

I'm thinking of downloading it, but I want some feedback on it before I go for it.

Anyways, later! :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So you actually believe that every second someone else downloads that ? :D

Hmm.... With me the videos didnt reload randomly but hotmail was definitly giving programs, I switched back to Firefox too.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Maxthon is a Chinese-based browser.  Might explain the download rate. :p  It looks like its based on Firefox.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm an Opera fan personally, and I never quite feel happy using beta programs, so I haven't even tried out Chrome.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is there feedback or something where you can send a message of the problems you are having?  I assume beta stuff would have some sort of feedback system.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I tried Maxthon two years ago and it was the worst browser I've ever tried.  It used up like half a gig of ram just sitting there and the pages took forever to come up. :rolleyes: Needless to say, I didn't keep it.

As for google chrome, try tweaking around with the javascript settings.  When you have loading problems, look around.  Do you get any error messages?  What I dislike about google chrome is the fact that when there's an error, there's no popup messages.  Instead, there's like a small little text that slides over the bottom of the browsing page.  Popups are okay so long as they're not advertisements! :p

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Two years ago? It probably has improved since now, although I don't really plan on trying out Maxthon. I don't have a reason to, unless this browser starts to fail on me, which I doubt.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I have google chrone and no problem with it. It¥s a great Browser. I neither have problems with youtube videos or my hotmail-account. Isn¥t there a full version of it yet? I think I have it, but I am not sure. Because as I downloaded it there wasn¥t any writing about BETA.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Chrome works great for me, but Opera comes very close.
However, I use Chrome because it's comfortable to use.
I haven't got any troubles with it, works with Youtube or Hotmail.
One thing it doesn't like is HTML editing. For some reason.  :rolleyes:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I really don't like the Chrome GUI.  Once they allow you to edit it easily like you can in Firefox, then I'll definitely switch.  Until then, I'm sticking with Firefox.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The worst thing that ever happened to me with google Chrome was when I was trying to send an online application, and found out that Google Chrome hadn't actually been sending my information in; it had just been displaying it back to me. I had to start the dang thing over in Internet Explorer, and it was like eight pages long.