The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Small diver issue.

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
So basically, I'm trying to use my Dualshock 3 controller on my PC. I plug it in, and it recognizes it as a standard HID-compliant game controller. I go to find drivers for the thing, and try to install them. My machine tells me that a newer driver is already installed. But it doesn't recognize any input, so I have to install these drivers.

I tell it to uninstall the current drivers, re-plug the controller, and wait for the new hardware wizard to pop up. It doesn't. I go back to the device manager, and look at the driver details for the controller, and it tells me that no drivers are required.

So basically, it won't let me install these drivers.  Well, it's a Windows 7 machine, I figure it's just an incompatibility issue. Everyone else who tested the drivers was using XP SP3 anyway.

So I boot up XP and immediately run into the same issue. Why? What is this crap, and how do I get around it?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm guessing it's a hardware issue with the port you're using.  Also.....drivers that work with Windows XP won't always work with XP SP3.  And an XP driver certainly won't work with Windows 7.  Look for a Vista driver and maybe it'll work.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Windows 7 may not have the right drivers anyway for your item.  I bet it works on Windows XP SP2.

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Apr 18 2009 on  08:48 AM
drivers that work with Windows XP won't always work with XP SP3.
Some of the people who tested it said they were using it on SP3.

Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Apr 18 2009 on  08:48 AM
Look for a Vista driver and maybe it'll work.
I looked. Couldn't find one :\