The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Calvin & Hobbes

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
What are your opinions on the comic strip (some of you) know & love? Me..I'm obssessed! It's just flat-out funny (although some were quite touching).

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've never even seen one, let alone read one.  I don't think any comics are very funny actually.  I don't know why, but I just don't like them.  Maybe they're just not my kind of humor. :unsure:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i used to read them quite a bit though i don't think i have the comics any more. I always loved the one comics with the babysitter (can't seem to remember the name. i think its Roslyn or something that starts with an "r")

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I can be called a Calvin and Hobbes fan. For all I know (and I hope to be wrong as this would mean that there is still something "out there") we have all the land before time books at home. Not only are many of his stories awfully funny, but there are also some which reveal him to be quite an intelligent philosopher. Some of the quotes from Calvin and Hobbes are truly memorable. There are even a few Calvin and Hobbes comics with stories which I experienced in exactly the same way even though I'm generally a different character than him ;)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
There's a newspaper here that shows strips of Calvin & Hobbes, it's called P?blico. I used to go into news stands  and just turn the papers over just to read them :D

A friend of mine was in a band called Calvin's Skizofrenia, after the comic strip.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Aug 3 2007 on  12:07 AM
i used to read them quite a bit though i don't think i have the comics any more. I always loved the one comics with the babysitter (can't seem to remember the name. i think its Roslyn or something that starts with an "r")
Ahhh, you mean ol' Rosalyn? Yeah, she was funny.  It was hilarious to see Calvin torture her in his many ways.  :lol

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
There are even a few Calvin and Hobbes comics with stories which I experienced in exactly the same way even though I'm generally a different character than him

Ahh, we can all relate to him in many ways. Currently, I relate to his reactions to going back to school soon.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'm also a huge "Calvin and Hobbes" fan. I own all the books and just absolutely love the humor.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's one of my favorite newspaper series, I saved up and got the complete Calvin & Hobbs collection.   Every strip is funny in my opinion.   :DD