The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Heroes

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I am a HUGE fan of super heroes (and villians). I guess my favorite part about all of them is the grand choice they have to make to either use them for good or evil.

FAVORITE HEROES

1. Spiderman (Marvel): I would give anything to be able to swing around a huge city like Tarzan.

2. Iron Man (Marvel): No one said you needed super powers to be a super hero. Right? Plus, I love the paint job on Tony Stark's suit of armor.

3. Bat Man (DC): I know my brothers love him because of his low, raspy voice.  :lol

4. Hiro Nakamura (NBC's Heroes): He has many great scenes from the show (which is now my new favorite TV show). And plus, HE CAN CONTROL THE SPACE/TIME CONTINIUM!

5. Claire Bennet (NBC's Heroes): Every time she healed herself from pratically any wound, it's pretty graphic. I mean it's CSI graphic!

FAVORITE VILLIANS

1. The Joker (DC): His "magic trick" from the new movie. End of discussion.

2. Sylar (NBC's Heroes): He wants the other characters' powers. And he does that by killing them. And the way he does that is by cutting open their skulls, and studying their brains. 8O

Now what are your favorite heroes/villians?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The era I like best is what some would label as golden age and pre crisis.  Far less retcons then.   I have a number of heroes I like, but not any 1 who is my only favorite.   In Marvel it is some of the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, Defenders.  Dr Strange is different and well done, at least what I've read.  I would like Spider-man more but his life is often to depressing for me and they keep repeating certain things over and over, though they do that in the fantastic four too, but it's not as much being repeated.  I like the Spider-man in the marvel team up series, far less depressing stuff in that, just pure spider-man.  

In Dc it is the Justice Society of America (except for Johnny Thunder, though I especially liked the version of the JSA that johnny was never a member of that came out briefly in the 70's.  Though not super heroes I do like: Adam Strange, the challangers,  Jonah Hex, The Unknown Soldier.  

Of the ones that do have powers or use tech: Green Arrow of the 58-69 that I've read so far, for the unintentially funny hokey arrows they come up with in every story, a good laugh. Green Lantern, hawkman, Some of the superman, supergirl, and superboy stories, the legion, some versions of batman, the marvel family of captain marvel, mary, & jr., some jimmy olsen and lois lane stories, nightwing and flamebird including their appearances in the old superman family series from the 70's.  

The diggers sisters from the gold digger series.  Though only 2 have powers, I guess Gina's genius may count as a power too.  Though my interest in the series does wane as it goes into the color series.  Tarzan, some versions of him, not sure if he'd count as a super hero.  Doc Savage (if batman counts, why not the digger sisters, tarzan, & doc savage.  Helllboy as well.