The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 374 · 43452

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Nice bit of back story. Dorothea's inspired by Dolly the cloned sheep I presume  :D

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Yes, Doctor Wilmut is explicitly based on the real-life Dolly.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
nice work serris. so what should i have my group of 4 do? head over to where emilena and adrian are?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Only if they want a rather bad surprise...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
ah i see.. then i'll have them meet up with them later..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You should take the drunk to the hospital. I was thinking we could meet everybody up there for the next Act.

Emilena just stole a bunch of files on the families of known Augments. Perhaps this hospital could operate mainly on cybernetic issues, and so Adrian and Emilena investigate because many of the individuals on the hit list were treated there; many for injuries reminiscent of attempted murders.

The clothing store Lily bought the boots from could be next door. It could our first opportunity to maybe unite the two plot threads somehow.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
GENIUS!
That and maybe have Marita start digging on Adrian and Emilena.  Doesn't do well to not know who you're working with, right?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
she knows a bit about emilena, plus i'll have longstreet call emilena reminding her she just has 2 days left to make the arrest or she gets fired
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Nick22,Oct 6 2013 on  12:50 AM
she knows a bit about emilena, plus i'll have longstreet call emilena reminding her she just has 2 days left to make the arrest or she gets fired
Emilena's phone was left in the strip club with her clothes. Her only possession at the moment is her heirloom katana.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
ah, that complicates things.. well he'll get in touch with her somehow..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Or they could take this as an easy chance to write off one of their biggest liabilities.  No contact from Emilena+Fire= Oh, she was KIA.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hmm. I'll have Soren find something odd about the recent repairs he did when he enters the data on a job he gets; the damage to the augments looks deliberate and he's seeing people who shouldn't have had their external augments damaged so badly ó people like bankers, computer techs,  etc.

As for Anne "Nitro" Phoe...I'm also at a loss how to introduce her. I planned to have her go rooting through the remains of Soren's workshop ó she's so high that she doesn't car that broad daylight is not a good time to go looting. But I'm open to other ideas.

I'm at a loss as to how to get Sanjay Bhat into the picture; he's currently in a crappy truck stop taking a piss behind some bushes.

As for Aaron, I'm trying to see how I can get him to be a Purifier.

Side note, Anne and Sanjay are "public domain" characters.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anne I could see showing up at the hospital after *another* injury, while Sanjay...hmm...perhaps the snake grows a conscience and shows back up instead of running?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Sanjay can also be dropped from the roleplay if you don't want to play him any more, Serris.

Alternately, he gets kidnapped right about now, and later in the roleplay as things heat up, the protagonists discover him as a prisoner of the shadowy group trying to kill/capture all of them.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hmm. A kidnapping for him sounds perfect!

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Having the two groups meeting sounds awesome. I wonder how Emilena would react to seeing Soren...

For re-introducing Aaron, I'll probably have Marcus start to bleed out from the cut in his arm (which is much deeper than he thought) while he's running from the police around the club. Maybe Aaron could help him out in some way, and somehow bring up his attitude towards augmented people?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've decided to step up and take a second character!

Name:  Yoshihiro Kojuuro.  ((Note: Name follows Japanese order, so Kojuuro is his first name))

Species: Hokkaido Wolf

Augmentations:  Biological alterations, enhancing speed and strength to higher levels than average beings.  Armor suit further increases his strength and defensive capability.

Appearance:  Grey fur, with significant fading from age, with bright blue eyes.  Favors a military-style outfit with significant armor plating, including a large number of straps and extra equipment pockets.  Wears a black Kevlar coat over the armor.  Black tactical mask on his face, covering it in it's entirety, save for his eyes.

Biography:  Kojuuro made a living as a mercenary, taking any contract that would pay until he was assigned to a mercenary firm that was working abroad, in an "anti-terrorist" operation.  Assigned to shepherd a unit of conscripted child soldiers, his entire squad save for one boy were wiped out by a set of Strain.  After returning home, he abandoned the mercenary lifestyle, drifting aimlessly until joining the Purifiers for a brief time.  However, when he was asked to participate in a terror attack on an augment facility, he left the group, and began staunchly opposing them.  

Notes:  Carries an
SL-8 Sniper rifle, a High-Frequency broadsword, and dual pistols.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sounds like a cool character, Starfall  :) I wonder if the boy who survived grew up to be someone we've already met...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Did we leave any way for Marita to contact Adrian and Emilena? If not, she has no way of decoding the files Emilena found. I mentioned that Emilena recognized the files' code, so if need be, she can just decrypt them. They need to be read to point the pair in the direction of the hospital for tomorrow.