The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 374 · 39460

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Pretty soon, Emilena's gonna find herself unconscious in a dumpster. Marita can locate her then if you want.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sure thing...sounds interesting..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Aww, what happened to Adrian coming to her rescue?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Were you and bushwacked gonna actually finish your battle at some point? It looked like it was gonna be one of those never-ending duels that happens when two PCs get in a fight.

I don't have an awful lot for her to do down there, so if more PCs are gonna meet up with her I can revise that. Just that everybody flew the coop so I thought I'd conk her after she stole some files and move the RP forward beyond the strip joint.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
That's why I started the fire, I was thinking it could spread and start bringing the ceiling down, stuff like that, separating Marcus and Adrian and letting him go down and help Emilena.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^
This guy is a genius.  I was gonna say have Emilena find something that implicates the Purifiers in the "terror attacks" that they blame augments for.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Soren's gonna find out that the fire in his workshop wasn't accidental.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Its your turn Serris.

(Well technically its nick's turn but his characters are isolated so they aren't affecting anyone's plot progression.)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I replied. Unfortunately, the front of the strip club has collapsed and the girls were just able to get out of the car before it was flattened by debris. so they're moving down the alley right now..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I put Emilena's findings in code so that it'll require Marita to translate them.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sounds good, LBT.

Serris, I was thinking maybe Marcus and Aaron could be told to work together by one of the higher ups in 'The Purifiers' as a way to re-introduce him?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i had marita abnd rose rescue the drunk marcus abaondoned. they've banadaged his wound and are currently helping him to his feet.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: bushwacked,Sep 27 2013 on  04:35 PM
Sounds good, LBT.

Serris, I was thinking maybe Marcus and Aaron could be told to work together by one of the higher ups in 'The Purifiers' as a way to re-introduce him?
Aaron Geasbrecht isn't a member of the Purifiers. He's a rabid anti-Augment though.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Aaron Geasbrecht isn't a member of the Purifiers. He's a rabid anti-Augment though.
Ah, my mistake. Maybe there's a way Marcus could notice him and bring him into the group?

And Nick, should I keep controlling the drunk or is he yours now? Not too sure what to do since he isn't one of my mains, but I'm fine either way.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you can control him until we reach the hospital and he gets treated and detoxed. how does that sound.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sure, sounds good. Just wanted to avoid a situation where we were both waiting for the other to play him  :p

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You're up, Serris. Agent Wolf is offering him a substantial reward and government aid in return for information on Lily's location.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hmm. I'm going to need some character flaws for Soren.

He's definitely not pure good. As I showed, he's perfectly willing to lie ó and he'll do it again.

He'll probably be a bit greedy and vengeful. Maybe later on, the group will break into a cybernetics factory for an intel gathering operation ó remember, the megacorps can be benign or nasty. So they can serve as antagonists too.

-----------

And I'll probably introduce a new character ó imported from my cyberpunk MLP:FiM RP but modified a bit.

For now, I'll probably call her Anne "Nitro" Phoe. She's a Shetland Pony "oil farmer" (works at a vertical farm that produces genetically engineered algae that produce biosynthesized crude oil). She has a metal "horn" sticking out from her forehead like a unicorn. That horn is an antenna that allows her to use an artificial form of telepathy via radio waves. It's also durable and sharp enough that she is perfectly capable of goring someone with it.

Unfortunately, she is a drug addict ó due to the extensive abuse of assorted nootropics during her college years ó with the rather problematic habit of stealing augments, parts and other mechanical devices and hocking them to fuel her addiction.

I'll probably have her meet Soren when she tries to hock an external augment she removed from a dead guy.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And a posthumous character and some more worldbuilding:

Into the Black (supplementary info)

Name: Doctor Dorothea "Dolly" Wilmut
Species: Sheep
Bio: Dolly was one of the pioneers for gene therapy. Her work with liposomes, retroviruses and gene targeting at the Watson-Crick Institute paved the way for safe and effective gene therapy. Going to the next step of her research, she moved into gene enhancements and cosmetics ó ranging from simple things like unnatural eye, hair or skin color to things such as enhanced strength and stamina.

Unfortunately, her latest work attracted numerous opponents. Some of whom sent her death threats and vandalized her lab. Despite this, she never backed down ó indeed, she became even more outspoken, sometimesbordering on polemic. Unfortunately, her "rock star" attitude earned her even more detractors, some of whom were themselves scientists, claiming that she was acting in an unprofessional and inappropriate manner.

On the plus side, she also had many supporters.

Sadly, her outspoken and aggressive nature and "rock star" attitude cost her life one dreary morning. During a rally advocating enhancement, an anti-enhancement zealot shot her. The shooter was quickly apprehended but the crowd was so enraged they killed the shooter before the police could arrive. By the time the police arrived, both Dolly and her assassin had died from their injuries.

The aftermath was quite brutal. After a week of mourning, bursts of violence broke out all across the nation as Dolly's supporters attacked anti-enhancement activists, even killing a few.

In the present time, gene enhancements have given way mostly to cybernetics due to their higher liklihood of side effects ó and the fact that cybernetics allows for enhancements not possible by nature, such as radio wave based telepathy. Most gene enhancements now are cosmetic in nature but there are a few who favor the genetic modifications.