The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask the Characters

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian:  Huh.  Never really thought about it much.  Guess the one I hear most is probably Johnny Yong Bosch, though.  So we'll go with that.

Kojuuro:  I don't watch many movies, so my reference frame is rather small.  I suppose the closest I can come up with would probably be Liam Neesen in Taken.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Anne: Dunno. Someone said I sound like Judi Dench without the accent and a slightly deeper and raspier voice.

Soren: Bill Fagerbakke is pretty much a dead ringer for my voice.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Bill Fagerbakke, haha! That's awesome! Great answers and very diverse. Emelina, you might be surprised to learn who played Nurse Noakes.

Tony: Me? Well it took me awhile to run through in my head who I really sound like, and after just talking to myself for awhile and trying to find approximations, I've found I sound a lot like Leonardo DiCaprio. There's hints of Cillian Murphy too when I get kind of stressed and my voice gets a little more strained.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - Not Bill Fagerbakke as Patrick Star but Bill Fagerbakke as Payback from Batman Beyond)

Kojuuro, do you partake in any recreational substance use?

Marcus, have you ever been convicted of a crime?

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I knew you were talking about some of his other roles, Serris, not Patrick Starr obviously. :p :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Marcus, have you ever been convicted of a crime?
Marcus: When I was discharged from the armed forces I was... angry. Too angry to be careful. Got in a fight with a gleamer, beat him half to death in the middle of the street. Would have finished the job if the police hadn't shown. Served seven years for trying to do Lanthae a service. I made sure I was more careful when I got out.

Soren - What's your pet peeve?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(OOC: its too late; Soren has Patrick's voice in my head and you can never change it.)

Tony: are you excited to inherit your fathers empire? What do your siblings think?

Axel: You know there are a lot of other girls who aren't horrific monsters wanted by the police? Ever heard of match.com?

Anne: would you smoke with Kojurro if given the chance? How far would you go?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can ask my ITB characters Marita Rose and Marie.. ask away.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Soren: Aside from the Purifiers? When people try to cheat me.

Anne: As long as he ain't a cop – hell, even if he is, as long as he isn't going to be a bunghole about my drug use or whatever ordinance against drugs –'ll share a smoke with him. As for how far I'll go with him. I don't like needles but of he wamts to mainline something, snort it or something, I'll help him.

-------

Rose, how did you become addicted to biproxityl?

------

Ask any of my characters.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Jan 10 2014 on  03:42 PM
Emilena: Counseling is for the weak-minded who wish to convince themselves of their own self-worth. I'm perfectly content with my body and my mind the way they are, at least as soon as I cure myself of the effects of that damnable neurocotic. Besides, my police work offered a very meager salary, and counselors love to milk their patents for as much money as they can finagle. If I hoped to be rich and live a long happy life, I picked the wrong line of work.

-------------------------

Lupis: An agent must work with the tools he's given. As my assigned resources have proven less than sufficient for recapturing Ms. North, I've decided to approach the problem from a less routine angle. Mr. Bhat had a very successful military career before going AWOL, and I suspect his abandonment was related to the fear of losing his augments, not any loss of loyalty. Provide him the proper reason to work for you, and I suspect he'll cooperate if the situation continues to favor him. I'm hoping to work with him again after this assignment.

Officer Echo, on the other hand, is frankly too stupid to see a bad deal in the long run. She's shown no loyalty to any group, but simultaneously doesn't have the mental capacity to actively betray anyone. I designed her assignment to be incredibly simple because she seems less capable of following complicated plans. Ultimately, I'd rather not involve her in this case, but I have evidence she has associated with the target, and I'd be foolish to not make use of such a resource. Rest assured, she will not be made an agent of the CIA even if she succeeds. I'll see to that personally if necessary.

--------------------------

Rose: How easy do you think rehab will be for you?

Kojurro: Interested in sharing any information on your previous dealings with the don?

Gittsun: Where are you right now? If at the don's house, got any plans for what you're going to do there?

Anne: Can your horn be used as a weapon?

Tony: Was there anyone in the Purifiers you regret leaving?

------------------------------

Lily, Emilena, and now Agent Lupis are available for questioning.
Rose: How easy do you think rehab will be for you?

Rose: its going to hard and expensive. frankly, if i didnt have marita back in my life i.. dont think i'd be able to go through with it. but once i'm detoxed.. i'm dropping to a  knee and popping her the question. she means that much to me.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony: I'm TOTALLY excited to inherit my father's empire! I'm most looking forward to all those classic cars! I mean my father has one of the greatest collections of all time, and it'll all go to me! Plus being one of the most powerful individuals in the city, not to mention the country? It's a lot of responsibility but... I think I'm up for it... or will be with time. My siblings? Victor hates it, Elio I think is OK with it, Paula doesn't mind, and I know for a fact Caroline wishes I'll crash and burn so she can take over but... that ain't gonna happen. My father's gonna marry her off to a husband that'll make her miserable and vice-versa, so it's all good.

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel: You know there are a lot of other girls who aren't horrific monsters wanted by the police? Ever heard of match.com?

Axel: But where'd be the fun in that? Ah, no... a little while ago, I got persuaded to make an account on AugmentsAplenty.com - it's, like, a dating site but mainly for augmented people. Uh... obviously. Anyway, you'd be surprised at how many girls don't go for a skinny white rat whose claim to fame is working in a computer shop. I think one reply I got that stuck out was being called a 'geek' and a 'plain face' by a cow... Like, an actual cow. That sucked.

Emilena - If you had a holiday, and you could go anywhere and do anything, what would it be?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Nairda: I'll answer for Emilena...I've been planning for years to take her to the Gemini Duplex, where they advertise that they can temporarily use psionic energy to switch the consciences of two bodies for an hour...just imagine, lovemaking as your lover...seeing what they see and feeling what they feel...I can't imagine a better opportunity to learn what a female actually feels~!

Emilena: Dear God...I'm going to give "anywhere but there" for my answer.

------------

Kojurro, what's your history with this Pomeranian?

Soren, how difficult is it to get liscensing for the right to use and own that exoskeleton?

Don Stracci, where did your love of vintage cars come from, and what do your family members think?

Marcus, what's your opinion on Rhaegson as a leader? Do you think he's doing a good job?

(Could people remember to ask new questions when they answer them? It seems very rare that new questions are asked, most people just answer without supplying a continuation.)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
((It's not that I don't remember, it's more I usually only pose a question if I can think of a good one))

Don Stracci: When I was a lad, dirt poor and playing in the streets everyday, I once wandered off to a more ritzier part of town. Don't remember why, but I think I was looking for a bigger score. I was sitting on the sidewalk, and this big, old, boat of a car comes around the corner. Huge thing... it could seat a lot of people, and it was, in a word, gorgeous. I had never seen anything like it in my life, and it was fast. Big powerful engine in the thing. The driver looked at me as he drove by, waved, and gunned it. And we're talking a car from the 1910s, boys. That thing could reach a top speed of 90 mph comfortably, and had 110 horsepower in a time when most cars had 30. I was impressed... mesmerized really, and I ran after it. Seeing this, the driver stopped, and stepped out to talk to me. He was a chauffeur for the car's owner, and he was more than happy to tell me all about it.

It was called a Crane-Simplex, and it was built by the redoubtable Henry M. Crane. Not sure if you heard of him, but he was an MIT grad with engineering prowess. He built these beautiful cars on a chassis basis only... meaning the buyer had to contract a custom coachbuilder to design the rest of his car... meaning... this baby, when it was finally finished, would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of TEN THOUSAND dollars. Ten grand. In the 1910s, $25 was considered a high weekly wage, so in order to own these things, you had to be stratospherically wealthy, practically God himself to own this car.

From that moment on, I knew it... I knew I was gonna have that kind of money someday. Why? Because it was power, and I didn't want my future kids growing up in a slum the way I had. I was going to be Crane-Simplex wealthy, and by god, I did it. It started not only my quest for self-enrichment, but also my love affair with classic cars. Here was someone driving around a model of pure perfection, even in modern day! Nothing could touch it! And nothing still can! I decided I would start a collection, one of the greatest collections in the world, in fact. While the Crane-Simplex was not the first classic I acquired, it did make the collection eventually. Ever since then I've been collecting them: Auburn, Brewster, Cadillac, Cord, Duesenberg, Franklin, Knox, LaSalle, Lincoln, Mercer, Packard, Peerless, Pierce-Arrow, Pope-Hartford, Oldsmobile, Reo, Rickenbacker, Rolls-Royce, Crane-Simplex, Stutz, Daimler, Maybach Zeppelin, AC, Jensen, Talbot-Lago, Avions Voisin, Bugatti, Allard, Ford, Marmon, Chrysler, Isotta Fraschini, Hispano-Suiza, Delahaye. Chances are, you can name it, I got it!

My family, my family hmmm... Victor thinks they're a waste of money, as does Caroline, but Caroline's a spoiled brat who wants "spending money" constantly. Paula thinks they're nice, Elio and Tony love them, but Tony shares my enthusiasm for 'em. That kid's something else. He also loved going for rides in them growing up. He was never into those new models they got nowadays. Who needs to hover when you can drive? There's something you can't beat about driving one of these things on the road today, and it's something I'll never give up, and I know Tony will forever appreciate.

Marcus: Do you have a girl of your own? Or is it more you just take any girl you want kind of deal?

Agent Lupis: Would you ever consider Don Stracci's offer to enter his employment? Or are the CIA perks just too good?

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Marcus, what's your opinion on Rhaegson as a leader? Do you think he's doing a good job?
Marcus: Rhaegson? No love lost between us, but as a leader he's... adequate. We could have a lot worse. Puts more thought into his actions than he lets on, and there haven't been too many problems for us. He'll do.

Marcus: Do you have a girl of your own? Or is it more you just take any girl you want kind of deal?
Marcus: No. Why would I waste my time with something like that? There was someone before, but... that's all finished. Now, all I have are the Purifiers.

----------------------------------------

Nairda - If you were going to paint the most beautiful, romantic thing you could think of, as a gift to your lover, what would it be?

Soren - Have you ever considered getting augmentations, so you wouldn't have to rely on your exo-skeleton suit so much?

Tony - If you didn't end up taking over your father's 'business', what kind of career would you like to go into?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Feb 6 2014 on  08:38 PM
Soren: Aside from the Purifiers? When people try to cheat me.

Anne: As long as he ain't a cop – hell, even if he is, as long as he isn't going to be a bunghole about my drug use or whatever ordinance against drugs –'ll share a smoke with him. As for how far I'll go with him. I don't like needles but of he wamts to mainline something, snort it or something, I'll help him.

-------

------

Rose its a long story mariitas and i were classmaes together and one day after a school sporting event, i went over a friends house. this friend as it turns out, was addicted to the stuff and was putting it in her food. well i didnt know that at the time and ate quite a bit of the food, thats how i got started with it , and Marita got hooked as well although she wont say how she got hooked. well shes since managed to break free of its grip, but  i have a long round ahead.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lupis: Don Stracci is a great man; one of the few I consider an equal. But I couldn't work for him; for one thing, that would mean I ceased to be his equal. In addition the CIA doesn't look kindly upon agents leaving, especially to go work for organized crime. Im part of some deep circles; they couldn't let me walk free without consequence. In addition, working for a mafia don wouldn't be big enough; at the end of the day his primary goal is to make money. I need more lofty objectives. To be honest, the government in its current form doesn't envision big enough for my liking either, but hopefully that'll change soon...

Nairda: Why, ourselves of course~! A beautiful pastoral shot around us, the yellowed grasses of a windswept field, the heavens' auroras casting its rainbowed luster upon our naked bodies, conjoined in the ultimate activity of passion and true love while a crowd of angels praise our hallowed union...

Emilena: ...OK...seriously, I slept with you once. What is wrong with you?

--------------------

Kojurro, do you feel bad for personally ruining that perfectly good steak?

Tony, what if I told you Axel was a secret spy for Lupis, the most crafty infiltrator of them all?

Axel, if the time came where Lily completely loses her mind and tries to eat you, would you murder Lily?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
kojuuro; no, better to ruin a steak and stay alive, than have my brains bashed into the wall. if i survive, i'll toss the guy who bought the steak a few bucks to cover it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Soren: Nah. I can't afford the full augmentation that would let me do the things that my exoskeleton lets me do. How expensive is that? Put it this way, if I had enough creds to go through with that augmentation, I could rebuild my house and workshop better than before and have some cash to spare. Besides, I'm a little squeamish about surgery.

As for my exoskeleton, Lanthae doesn't have an exoskeleton registry nor is paperwork required to buy one. Granted, you'd better have a good stash of creds – or good mechanical skills – if you want one that'll let you throw cars off elevated highways.

Kojuuro: The bitch was a prostitute I picked up off the street. Come on, cut me some slack, I was horny and I had a major case of blue balls after Emilena dumped me!

----------

--------

Axel, if you could have any augmentation, what would it be?

Marcus, what's your stance on the older genetic augmentations?

Don Stracci, other than drugs, are there things that you will not deal in?

Emilena, do you like Nairda?

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel, if the time came where Lily completely loses her mind and tries to eat you, would you murder Lily?
Axel: Kill Lily?! I... I don't know. Honestly, probably not. Even if she was attacking me, trying to... hurt me, I wouldn't be able to forget the person she was, the woman who was just trying to get help. Eh... Hopefully, she'd realise I wouldn't be a very tasty meal. I'd probably be pretty bony.

Axel, if you could have any augmentation, what would it be?
Axel: Any augmentation, you say... Well, if I had to choose one, I'd have to choose those new augs that they're developing - the one that's fitted somewhere along your spine, and it, like, stops you from splatting on the floor if you fall from a massive height. I... dunno how it works, something about an electromagnetic lensing field... but jeez! You could, like, bungee jump without the bungee! How awesome would that be?!

Marcus, what's your stance on the older genetic augmentations?
Marcus: Make me just as sick. If you're going to rape your body with augments, at least have the guts to show everyone your choice.

----------------------------------

Soren - Is there any way you could see yourself forgiving Emilena for what she's done to you?

Emilena - Did you ever think you'd visit your parents? How does it feel to see them again?