The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Chomper's Parents

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
These characters, I always found amusing.  They showed they were devoted parents in both 2 and 5, a quality I admire.  Papa S. had some funny lines in 5, ("Sometimes I worry about that boy" is my fav joke in the series)

They should have been featured in at least one TV series ep, heck, if now even moving into the GV with thier son, too!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He did get some great lines in the 5th movie.  It would be interesting to see them again, as unlikely as it is.  Though that fits for many characters that we see just once and that is it or twice and never again.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Anyone else like this parental t-rexes?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It would be interesting to know just how lasting their promise of safety to the Gang would have been if they had stayed on the island. One of the two comments on the smell of the Gang (caused by stinky place) that they probably would not have tasted well anyway. What would have happened once that smell wore off while food was running low?
How did they get off the island. Do they know Redclaw and Ruby's family (Ruby apparently promised them to take care of Chomper, so how do they know her so much as to warrant such trust)? There are tales yet to be told about them.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Many unanswered questions.  Plenty of room for many more stories.

Dinonut

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/ryan_dinomite/
If Chomper's parents lived in the Great Valley, wouldn't they try to attack the other dinosaurs?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe they would just head out into the Myetserious Beyond whenever they needed to eat perhaps?

Dinonut

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/ryan_dinomite/

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
That could also create problems. What about dinosaurs from the Great Valley who leave it for some reason? Or if one of them accidentally wanders out?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't think such an "arrangement" could ever be made. Think about it, Ali's herd (or the like) passing nearby the Great Valley to be attacked by Chomper's parents. We do not really talk of a case of petty political correctness here but (nature's design that it is) about the killing of dinosaurs.
It has always struck me as a little odd that Littlefoot, after all he has gone through in the original movie, seems to be so absolutely without any reservations whatsoever on this matter. I think it would make for some interesting elements and possible character development if he did not forget so entirely and completely about his mom in the presence of Chomper. I do not think that Littlefoot (or any of the others) could with an easy consciousness condemn others to the same fate as Littlefoot and his mom.
I have often thought about a story about food running out on the LBT 5 island, Chomper sending kind of a "goodbye message" to the Valley (through a flyer he captured but spared in exchange for that flyer carrying the message to Littlefoot), and Littlefoot and the others ending up on the horns of a dilemma when considering when they have to decide between letting a friend and his parents die and condemning many more others to death by helping them. With this being a dilemma to harsh to solve (and with little that the Gang could do on behalf of Chomper's large parents) something beyond the control of the characters (e.g. water receding before the onrush of a tidal way thus opening up a temporary route of escape from the island) would make the question obsolete before it was answered.

PS: As for tolerating two grownup sharpteeth in the Valley I would love to see how Cera's father would be convinced of that one :lol
I would have really loved to see him (and to a lesser degree the other grownups too) being told about Chomper and letting him stay in the Valley.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It must have been something huge, like saving himself, Tria, Cera or Tricia at a risk with him seeing it, as my guess of one of the likeliest reasons he seems to accept Chomper.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hilarous to see those subtitles, just like in the Pokemon island episode for off topic.

AloneButNotLonely

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 27 2009 on  05:22 AM
I don't think such an "arrangement" could ever be made. Think about it, Ali's herd (or the like) passing nearby the Great Valley to be attacked by Chomper's parents. We do not really talk of a case of petty political correctness here but (nature's design that it is) about the killing of dinosaurs.
It has always struck me as a little odd that Littlefoot, after all he has gone through in the original movie, seems to be so absolutely without any reservations whatsoever on this matter. I think it would make for some interesting elements and possible character development if he did not forget so entirely and completely about his mom in the presence of Chomper. I do not think that Littlefoot (or any of the others) could with an easy consciousness condemn others to the same fate as Littlefoot and his mom.
I have often thought about a story about food running out on the LBT 5 island, Chomper sending kind of a "goodbye message" to the Valley (through a flyer he captured but spared in exchange for that flyer carrying the message to Littlefoot), and Littlefoot and the others ending up on the horns of a dilemma when considering when they have to decide between letting a friend and his parents die and condemning many more others to death by helping them. With this being a dilemma to harsh to solve (and with little that the Gang could do on behalf of Chomper's large parents) something beyond the control of the characters (e.g. water receding before the onrush of a tidal way thus opening up a temporary route of escape from the island) would make the question obsolete before it was answered.

PS: As for tolerating two grownup sharpteeth in the Valley I would love to see how Cera's father would be convinced of that one :lol
I would have really loved to see him (and to a lesser degree the other grownups too) being told about Chomper and letting him stay in the Valley.
I would have loved for them to have made an epsiode like that. That would be soooo much fun. Mr. Threehorn would be like O.o "What?!?" it would be awesome. So funny.

I would have liked to see more of Chompers parents. Heres a thought I would to have liked to hear about how they met. That would be cool. Also yeah...there are a lot of holes in how or why they asked Ruby to look after Chomper.
(I haven't seen every episode in the series so if they have explained that please let me know.)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No, the most we get is a line that Ruby says to Chomper about promising his parents to look after him, as I recall.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very recently (last monday in fact) I got some ideas for LBT stories I'm going to write once I'm done with the current university work. One of the ideas is that Chomper may have first met Ruby just days or weeks after LBT 2. It may have been Ruby's doing that he became able to talk leafeater language for they would have had some time together before Chomper and his parents moved on to the island. Being an omnivore (eating shells etc.) Ruby might possibly be regarded as a bit more than just potential prey by Chomper's parents (of course the story would have to elaborate on that one) and if their confidence would reach the point where Ruby would occasionally serve as a "nanny" (she is a bit older than him) to Chomper I could also imagine her being trusted with Chomper after a reunion following LBT 5 and the escape from the island (the story I have had in mind for a longer time). As for the reason why Chomper and his parents should go to the (not yet quite an) island in the first place I could imagine the emergence of a sharptooth who (other than most sharpteeth) is not acting mainly on natures call but is just outright vicious taking a kind of pleasure from killing. That sharptooth would in that story (in the aftermath of the escape from from the island. It would be several stories in fact) receive a wound which would earn him the name by which he would be known later on...

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now that's quite an interesting idea, Malte. :yes  I'm willing to wait however long it will take until you are ready to start writing it.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Bruton the Iguanodon

I don't really remember them in 2 at all, which I haven't seen in years, but I sure liked them in 5! I remember thinking later on how they could be allies if the great valley ever came under sharpteeth attack in a later installment, assuming they weren't gonna be on the island. But really I doubt they'd extend their herbivore loyalty beyond Littlefoot and the rest, so i guess i can forget that. I do hope they make another appearence if Land before time continues...