The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Love Relationship

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
What do you think of a Love Relationship between Littlefoot and Ali?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
this has been covered at length in old threads. I for one think there is something there, but since these kids are just that, we won't see any more indepth in terms of thier relations. I feel The Brave Longneck scheme was a blown opportunity in this regard.Rhett was nothing more than a plot device and ali was barely in it at all and  was a very different character from what she was in the movie.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jan 6 2011 on  02:01 PM
this has been covered at length in old threads. I for one think there is something there, but since these kids are just that, we won't see any more indepth in terms of thier relations. I feel The Brave Longneck scheme was a blown opportunity in this regard.Rhett was nothing more than a plot device and ali was barely in it at all and  was a very different character from what she was in the movie.
Well, not when there kids, but adults.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Then you need to say that when you post a thread like this. As for that, there probably will be a relationship there at some point.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jan 6 2011 on  03:16 PM
Then you need to say that when you post a thread like this. As for that, there probably will be a relationship there at some point.
But what do you think is the Love Relationship between Littlefoot and Ali a Good Idea or Not?

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I guess it depends on your opinion. Wether you think a relationship between Littlefoot and Ali is good or not is your decision. In my personal opinion, I'm okay with it. But since this is LBT, there probably won't be in the series.  But I would like to see them get together. The Brave Longneck Scheme was probably the best oppurtunity for this. Sadly, it never happened. Oh well, I can dream can't I?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
To be honest, it is quite possible for a relationship to not exist between the two. When you think about it, Littlefoot and Ali had a really strong friendship with each other even though they only knew each other over the course of one movie and one TV episode. I think it is possible for Littlefoot to always see Ali as a really good friend, especially since he said they were friends immediately in LBT IV. If he wanted to start thinking of her otherwise, then when she returned he would have tried to have some alone time with her to reflect on what they had been through. Of course, the episode pretty much blew off that opportunity with the ridiculous plot, and I'm sure they could have had some alone time off screen, but then again he could have easily found a moment when Rhett was not around to talk to her. Even if he was there, Rhett was not portrayed as bully and therefore would most likely not push Littlefoot away. Now again, the fact that they are kids throughout the franchise can go against my argument, but at the same time it is possible for kids to develop crushes at young ages.

Now is it a good idea for the two to be in a relationship? This really depends on your personal opinion. Littlefoot and Ali would be an easy and obvious choice for a relationship, perhaps maybe too obvious. While part of me says that the events of LBT IV were good enough to create a foundation for a start to something, another part of me feels that this would be too cliche, even for LBT. Think about it. The only female longneck his age Littlefoot has ever met? It screams relationship, but it makes it too obvious at the same time.

So to answer the question, I am indifferent on a relationship between the two.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You do raise some very good points indeed.  They are likely friends at this point and wouldn't be thinking about a relationship till they are much older.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
In this context it might be sensible to point out the apparent extreme rarity of longnecks in the Great Valley. It sure doesn't seem to have lived up to Littlefoot's mother's expectation / promise for many other young longnecks to play with. While we do get occasional glimpses of kids (usually either hatchlings though or siblings (Littlefoot being the only one in the group who knew his family but didn't have any siblings)) of the other species longnecks are a conspicuous exception from this.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 7 2011 on  03:26 AM
In this context it might be sensible to point out the apparent extreme rarity of longnecks in the Great Valley. It sure doesn't seem to have lived up to Littlefoot's mother's expectation / promise for many other young longnecks to play with. While we do get occasional glimpses of kids (usually either hatchlings though or siblings (Littlefoot being the only one in the group who knew his family but didn't have any siblings)) of the other species longnecks are a conspicuous exception from this.
Yes even Doc and Ali's herd came from somewhere else.  I'm not aware of any other permanent longneck Great Valley residents other than Littlefoot and his grandparents.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i think it is a good idea, but as others have stated the Brave Longneck scheme was the best shot at showing something. Personally I think the series would have been better served having ali becoming a member of the gang, and fleshing out her character as it went along. the BLS added nothing to our understanding of the character.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jan 8 2011 on  12:47 PM
i think it is a good idea, but as others have stated the Brave Longneck scheme was the best shot at showing something. Personally I think the series would have been better served having ali becoming a member of the gang, and fleshing out her character as it went along. the BLS added nothing to our understanding of the character.
 :blink: "BLS," What's that stand for?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Brave Longneck Scheme. Its shorthand , instead of typing brave LongNeck Scheme all the time you use BLS instead.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jan 8 2011 on  01:11 PM
Brave Longneck Scheme. Its shorthand , instead of typing brave LongNeck Scheme all the time you use BLS instead.
 :o OK.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What are your thoughts JB? you brought the thread up after all..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jan 8 2011 on  02:29 PM
What are your thoughts JB? you brought the thread up after all..
It's a Good Idea I mean the generation must continue right, but I also wanted your guys opinion on what you think to.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Emotional side of me arguesthat it would certainly be a cute couple, and they do get along well. Also, given the memory-montage at the end of the movie, it definitely hints at something between them that was definitely more than just ordinary friendship.
If they did get a chance to live together a bit more, they would probably become a couple as they grow up.

However, the logical side of me reminds me that they are actually cousins of some degree.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Personally I still believe the mention of "cousins" in LBT for to be better interpreted as "kin" / "kind" in the given text. There are examples of the word "cousin" being used in other texts. It should be pointed out that the term "cousins" is used to refer to the entire herd in LBT 4 rather than any specific member of the herd which further suggests that it is not to be interpreted as a whole herd consisting entirely of cousins of Littlefoot (or his grandparents). Also if indeed there was a closer family relationship than them being just members of the same species I suppose there would have been a little more readiness to act on behalf of the uncle / cousin / whatever Littlefoot's grandpa than was shown by any member of the herd in the movie.

Salvatore Blackheart

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I love Littlefoot and ali couple. In my personal opinion, i don't think that they are cousins, Maybe ali is adopted, because is very weird that she was the only kid on old one's herd and also Rhett doesnt make an aperance in LBT IV until the series The Brave Longneck Scheme, maybe the old one's herd collects orphans and Rhett is one of them too, Becacuse ali met him very after LBT 4 she introduce him like new friend.