The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rp idea: Lion King II: Setin in Reverse

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In addition to the LK RP I already stared, there's another one I had in mind, which I made on TLK forum, but it's slowed down, so I was hoping I could try it here. Here's the plot:

In an AU, Scar wasn't the bad guy in the Lion King, Simba is!  (I'm not a simba-basher, it's just how this RP works). Basically, in this AU, Simba, Nala, Kiara, Kopa, were the bad guys who live in the Outlands while Scar, Zira, and their kids are the good guys living in the Pride Lands. (Rafiki, Zazu, and Timon and Pumbaa also live in the Pride Lands, and are still the good guys in this RP.)

Anyone interested?

Roles:
Pride Landers:

Scar-
Zira-
Kovu-Brekclub85
Vitani-Dash the Longneck
Nuka-
Rafiki-
Zazu-
Timon-
Pumbaa-

Outlanders:
Simba-
Nala-Kit12
Kopa-
Kiara-

OCs:
Ramiki-Dash the Longneck
Hali-Kit12

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Lion kIng worked, because it, like hamlet had a prince struggling against his uncle, who killed his father and took his kingdom from him.. reversing the roles really doesn't work as well. If Cladius for example was the good guy, then the sympathy for halmet wouldn't be there.. It is this sympathy, that helps drive the story.. Simba is Hamlet, Scar is Cladius, Nala is Ophellia, Mufasa is King  hamlet... etc.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Understood. But, this AU wasn't really supposed to follow the Hamlet feeling the original movie had.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You flip them around, that certain things change. theres no real need for comic relief for bad guys.. maybe I'm just having trouble picturing them in anything but thier normal roles..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's understandable. Sort of like how I have trouble seeing Chomper as a bad guy.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Still there still is the little matter of mufasa. Simba was far too small as a cub to killl his father, even if he was a bad guy..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe in this RP, he killed Mufasa when he (Simba) was a teenager.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Theere would be no reason to do it though, If mUfasa was the king, there would be no reason for Simba to kill him.. all he would have to do is wait his turn..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
To tell the truth, we never really came up for Simba's motive in the original version of the RP on TLK forum. Maybe he just got impatient.

After all,  he "just couldn't wait" to be king.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is the official line on Kopa that he was killed by the Outsiders? I do believe he was Simba's first child..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I wouldn't mind doing this. Can I please be Vitani and Ramiki please?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
This reminds me of a couple pictures I saw on the TLK Fanart Archive site, for a contest they had where you had to come up with "what if" situations.

Not sure if it was there or searching the site that I found it, but one of my favorite "what ifs" showed a picture mirroring the scene from TLK where Simba tells Scar he's wierd, but in this picture, Scar is replaced with Mufasa and Simba replaced with Nuka. And another pic mirrored the scene with Sarabi telling Scar if he were half the king Mufasa was, but Sarabi is replaced with Zira and, again, Scar is replaced with Mufasa, and Zira's telling him if he were half the king Scar was (or maybe she used the name Taka, can't remember).

This is sort of how I was hoping the Set in Reverse RPG would have been like. In this way, it still keeps the Hamlet feel because there's still an evil uncle (Mufasa this time), a king who is murdered (Taka/Scar this time), and a nephew wanting to avenge his father's death (Nuka this time). And it would still lead to the same conclusion (Outlanders are now Pridelanders and Pridelanders are now Outlanders).

But it's your roleplay, so I won't tell you how to run it. Was just giving a suggestion.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dash-Added!

This Rp, though it lacked the Hamlet feel of the original, followed the Romeo and Juliet feel of LK2.

(There'd still be KiaraxKovu and KopaxVitani)

Nick-It was never stated for certain that Kopa was killed by the Outsiders. LK2 seems to say Kiara was Simba's only child, and most fans thought this theory up because the cub at the end of the original was clearly a boy.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll bring in Hali and take Nala like before.

Hmm, I may have Hali's fate set out beforehand, just trying to think, since Ramiki is in the Pridelands, maybe a kind of Fox&Hound-ish thing could be set up with their friendship (Dash willing of course :DD) if Nala took her in?

Or if keeping her without loyalties and sort of the newly arriving fence or border straggler works, we could go with that too. Any thoughts?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The latter idea (New arrival) sounds good Kit12, added!

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kit12,Jun 21 2009 on  03:11 PM

Hmm, I may have Hali's fate set out beforehand, just trying to think, since Ramiki is in the Pridelands, maybe a kind of Fox&Hound-ish thing could be set up with their friendship (Dash willing of course :DD) if Nala took her in?

Or if keeping her without loyalties and sort of the newly arriving fence or border straggler works, we could go with that too. Any thoughts?
Yeah, that would be fun I'm even sensing a little Lion King 2 in there. :yes  I say we do itcause I'm all for it. :yes  :yes  :yes

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,Jun 21 2009 on  04:18 PM
Quote from: Kit12,Jun 21 2009 on  03:11 PM

Yeah, that would be fun I'm even sensing a little Lion King 2 in there. :yes  I say we do itcause I'm all for it. :yes  :yes  :yes
Great, alright thanks Dash. So, I guess at the start of the role play we can have Nala having taken in or just talking to Simba about taking in little Hali I guess, assuming every one else agrees?