The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Crash... we didn't want to hear

Threehorn · 159 · 16261

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jul 9 2008 on  10:35 AM
If you wish to sell scripts you need an agent with hollywood connections, as far as I know.  

and as for the offices closing, as I said before, when they are not actively working on a movie they are not going to have the folks staring at the wall, paying them to come into the LBT office and do nothing while they are between a LBT project.  They'll likely close the LBT office between projects and send the various universal employees to work on other projects.
That's a good point.

But to me, I also think they needed some time off. It's not like they can just make a new movie/episode in a week's work. It all takes months of planning, writing, drawing, getting audio done, etc...

So as you can imagine, it's pretty tiring work. Looks like they needed time to freshen up a bit (and/or spend more time with their families) before going back to work.

Hopefully anyway. If that's not the case, and for whatever reason it is closing, then while it is unfortunate, it's not the end of the world.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
it's not the end of the world.

Nope.  Just the great valley. :(

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Nope. Just the great valley.

But there is a bit of a bright side to that:

It's still open ended. That's great for fan artists and fan fiction writers.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
OT: Bwahahaha!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  11,000 new messages! WTF?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
11,000 new messages! WTF?

I've had that gmail account since it first opened and it I really spammed the thing up.  I was very stupid back then. :lol

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow!  11,000 new messages :blink:?  Dang!

Well, it seems as though Landbeforetimelover has given us some hope.  Perhaps he will find this email ;).  I was going to send a hardcopy of a letter to Universal earlier this year, after I noticed the rumor in the LBT XIV section that they were going to drop LBT and focus on Curious George.  That would have been scary, as Curious George not only targets ONE specific age group, but is also not nearly as popular as our beloved dino pals :yes.  In any case, I figured I would wait.  But, if nobody here gets word soon, I just may follow through with that letter B).  However, given the company's tendency to not respond to letters and emails personally, I may not have much luck :rolleyes:.  Anyhoo, let's all hang in there.  If what Landbeforetimelover says is factual, it has been less than a year since the latest sequel came out, so...that means many more may come :yes  ;)  :^.^:.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
By having as many mails as possible shown on each page, then pressing strg + f and entering a word which you remember from the title / the address?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It was so long ago that I forget what it was titled or where it came from.  The only thing I know is in there is "the land before time", but that would include about 10,500 of those emails. :rolleyes:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 10 2008 on  12:03 AM
It was so long ago that I forget what it was titled or where it came from.  The only thing I know is in there is "the land before time", but that would include about 10,500 of those emails. :rolleyes:
And a number of them are from this place, right?

Dang!  That's pretty sad to have THAT many unread messages. :(

As for me, nothing yet, but I'll wait.  I'll be patient with Universal at answering my e-mail. :)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Well...  At least the e-mail exists, right? :p  And John, best wishes!
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm not sure whether this a permanent closing or not, I'd personally think it to be a temporary move done to get some breathing space. as for the series.. many series get cancelled.. and if there was going to be a Season 2 it would have been announced by now in all likelihood.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I"m not sure how cartoon network does their seasons & that is one problem with going with a particular network instead of going syndication.  

& for the closing being temporary It may well be, since they would not have the team working on just 1 thing.  They'd likely have the team work on other things, and with a large place like universal the team may not work on the same things together, but on different things.   After all it's like I said, universal isn't going to pay folks to just wait around and do nothing while the higher ups decide when to start working on the next lbt movie.  If it's a year or 3, they would not pay folks for doing on work during that time, but they'd be assigned to other projects and there may be a list of things the animation division will be working on.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Perhaps the writers are the only ones doing stuff so they decided to close down the office and stop paying the animators and crap for sitting around.  They'll re-open the office once the writers come up with something.  LBT is on a strict budget cuz they're taking a lot of risks by making a billion new types of toys that might or might not be popular.  Stupid move by them and I think it was an attempt to crash LBT, but I don't think it worked.

Spike_of_the_Valley

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Perhaps the writers are the only ones doing stuff so they decided to close down the office and stop paying the animators and crap for sitting around. They'll re-open the office once the writers come up with something.

Depending on how Universal Studios hire their writers for LBT, that might actually be the case.  While I think TV series generally have their wriyters in a semi-permanent state of employment, hiring writers for films tends to be a more one-off thing.  Obviously, something like LBT, which has put out many films at a fairly constant rate for a while now, could be anywhere between the two.  

If we assume for the sake of argument that the LBT sequels work like most films, then it wouldn't generally be the writers who come up with the basic idea.  It would more likely be a producer or a director, for instance.  The writers would simply work out the specifics of the plot and write the script (which would probably be changed to some extent later).  

In short, if they're just waiting on ideas, it would probably be producers (or possibly a director like Charles Grovesnor) who they're waiting on.  Producers could easily be working on other projects in the meantime, probably more easily than animators, who would form a much larger portion of the office's employees.  

Writers, in the meantime, just get screwed, as tends to happen to writers.  

Hopefully that made some level of sense.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Spike_of_the_Valley,Jul 13 2008 on  09:25 PM
Writers, in the meantime, just get screwed, as tends to happen to writers.  

Yeah, it sure does happen :mad.  I mean, nine times out of ten one's attempt to get a manuscript published is rejected :angry:.  Believe me, I learned this from an actual author who instructed my creative writing class.  Anyhoo, nobody knows exactly why this is happening, but these past few posts could be fairly made assumptions.  Perhaps the series is on a temporary hiatus but will return soon B).  The series is a far cry from dead, so I'm certain they would not just drop it altogether :yes.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 10 2008 on  02:03 AM
It would probably include the word "Universal." Not many of our emails would have that.

Or try the one phrase you remember: "Many more sequels".

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just read the opening post. I agree that LBT will live in the hearts in all of its fans, even though Universal has stopped caring. We can only hope that in the future, someone will come across the LBT and revive it. Until then, we will keep the fire burning in our hearts and minds by keeping this forum alive and active.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I'm starting to wonder if they just dumped my e-mail because I have yet to receieve anything.

Drat!  And I had such a nice idea going. :(

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jul 20 2008 on  08:50 AM
Okay, I'm starting to wonder if they just dumped my e-mail because I have yet to receieve anything.

Drat!  And I had such a nice idea going. :(
I have my doubts on that. Universal, like other major companies, is probably very busy, and thus an e-mail or so could easily be overlooked. Or perhaps they have not even read it yet because they have a lot of other things to do.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Threehorn,Jul 9 2008 on  08:32 AM
If they said that a year ago then there is very much more hope.

I would love to present my story to them to see where it goes, the one I haven't really shown to you guys because of that very possiblity. At least give them a little summary of it at least and my picture that I created for my story.

I spoke to the director 2 years ago telling a little about my idea and at that time he seem interested in the way I made it. That he might even take a look at it once it was typed up.
which LBT fanfic of yours?