The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 374 · 39526

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
pretty much as bhat revealed emilena was working for lupis and now the gang is going to go  after him hard.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Feb 8 2014 on  12:55 PM
Well, it looks as if Emi, Adrian, and Kojuuro are gonna end up in a fairly bad spot.
What else is new? :p

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm gonna have to ask you to redo your posts, Starfall. First off, you autoed one of my characters (the don) by assuming he'd just imprison Adrian... which he wouldn't. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't appreciate me taking control of Adrian and having him killed for killing two of the don's soldiers, would you? Second, your most recent post makes no sense. How could Adrian do any of those things if you specifically wrote that his kneecap was shattered, AND he required crutches from his previous injury?

I don't appreciate the autoing and I'm gonna have to put my foot down here. By killing the don's soldiers, you've earned Adrian a death sentence, so please redo your posts. It makes no sense for Adrian to be imprisoned by the don at all. He has no reason to take him prisoner or torture him, as he gave him his word he'd help him, plus he owes him for saving Tony's life, so he'd never inflict physical pain on him.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
If you want, Adrian, you can have Adrian randomly teleport somewhere away from the manor. We can blame it on Lily. She doesn't like hearing anyone in pain, after all.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well my group is now in the back of Tonys car
 who else is riding with him?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
From Skype:

Also, the latest character to appear is Joaqu“n Garc“a Martinez, a Presa Canario (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perro_de_Presa_Canario) who runs a florist/drug dispensery. He's big, buff, muscular and an avid wrestler/grappler who also dabbles in kickboxing.

---------

Also, I joked about converting the Diane Whipple case (San Franciso woman killed by her neighbor's Presa Canarios (Bane and Hera) which had been trained for dogfighting) into an anthro-world appropriate form.

1.) Bane and Hera are the nicknames of two Presa Canario career thugs who confront the victim in a stairwell, beat them to death and then rob them.

2.) Bane and Hera are the nicknames of two rather unsavory Presa Canario clandestine drug manufacturers. They keep two large tracking drones (Into the Black's replacement for dogs) in their apartment and let them roam loose. The victim somehow sets them off and they quite literally rip the victim to pieces.

----------

Tracking drones are drones controlled by a handler and programmed to find fugitives or contraband. They carry an enormous suite of sensors to assist them and have six legs, allowing them to move very quickly, even leap and pin fleeing suspects. They are highly customizable and can be outfitted with anything from light armor, breaching tools, firearms and eveything in between. A common – and illegal – modification are four powerful arms (2 in front and 2 in back) tucked under the robot. These arms are strong enough to rip off organic limbs).

----------

Yeah, I'm kind of an awful person.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Keep posting please? Pterano parked the car so that we could continue doing things with our characters on foot. Also we could wrap up Kojurro at the very least.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sure i'll finish fighting and have kajurro limp off.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm working on a neurobiology paper so I'll post later.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Seems I'm in luck! My tour operator has paid my internet charge, so I'll be able to post in the evenings! :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
My turn to have some internet problems - hopefully it'll be fixed by tomorrow, but if not I'll keep trying to use free wifi when I find it  :rolleyes:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I get to spend my free time driving back to a neghboring town to retrieve my phone...I'll post tomorrow.

Luckily none of my characters are currently plot relevant so im not really holding anything up

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Okay.

So we now have to wait for Pterano to post.

Also, a vote. Should we keep Nairda's near stereotypical ghetto accent or restore it to his previous one?

I vote that we keep it because it's funny. And I'm gonna say that it was revenge by Doctor Jiang because Adrian once stiffed him รณ big time. As a result, he replaced Nairda's damaged larynx with a vocoder that talks in a stereotypical "Ghetto" accent.

Remember, Doctor Jiang is a fully qualified Cy.D but he isn't bound by the Academy of Cybernetics's Code of Conduct. Consequently, stiffing him will usually lead to him vandalizing the augment so embarassing things happen (radio telepathy implants that continually broadcast that the recipient is a sexual deviant and/or that the recipient is a dishonest crook; programmable implantable LED tattoos that form obscene images or cursewords in foreign languages; brain implants that enhance thinking and other traits that make the recipient have embarassing tics <like randomly cursing, flapping their hands, etc>; spinal cord implants for enhancing reflexes that make the recipient incontinent or constantly sexually aroused; artificial arms that constantly make obscene gestures etc). There, he hopes that the Augment will be sufficiently embarassed that they 'll return to his clinc to have him fix it. Stiffing him again will simply cause him to remove all implants, reverting the Augment back to a Baseline.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I'd be okay with however LBT and the rest of you would prefer it - the idea of Jiang changing his voice on purpose does sound pretty funny  :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i prefer returning it to normal, personally.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hehe, I'd be fine with whichever. Gizoogle makes me laugh every time without fail and takes literally no time for me to filter to.

Also like the idea of him trying to put the moves on women while permanently sounding like Snoop Dogg. But I'll give Pterano the tie-breaking vote.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Does Nairda seem like the person to stiff someone?

If not, I can retcon it as an accident or programming that someone fucked up.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
He is absolutely 100% no questions asked undeniably the sort of person to stiff somebody. And then act self-righteous about it afterwards.

Yeah make Dr. Jiang do it intentionally, that's a great rationale and Nairda deserves it. Whether I'll eventually fix his voice box is undecided, but for the time being let's make him somehow more annoying for the other characters to listen to

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah keep it. Tie breaker.

(runner up)
(runner up)