The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers: Disruptive Selection

Serris · 5385 · 225212

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha grabbed an apple, and started muching " at least this is real fruit and not wax" She grinned. "Yeah that would not taste good' Dr Landon grinned..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Alfred peeled the banana and ate it in only two bites.

Zachary grabbed an apple, wiped it off and took a bite out of it.

"Uh, the ice cream's gonna melt," Dr. Bailey said.

"Yeah, we'll head to my room and discuss this night's trip," Dr. Zanasiu said. He then went over to the elevators and pressed the button on it.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the elevator opened anfd Aisha and Dr landon entered it, waiting for the others to enter
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cobalt Squad, Alfred, Zachary, Dr. Bailey and Dr. Zanasiu entered the elevator. Surprisingly the elevator was large enough to hold all of them and then some.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the elevator closed and the elevator began to rise.. " We'd best be on our guard
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Luckily there was no one else in the elevator with them.

In a few moments the elevator reached the floor where Dr. Zanasiu's room was located.

Dr. Zanasiu unlocked the door and Zachary, Dr. Bailey and Cobalt Squad filed in.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha and Dr Landon follwed a second after " So whats the plan? when exactly are we doing this recon?' aisha asked the others were starting to pull out maps ...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr. Zanasiu closed the door. All of the food had been somehow shoved into the small refrigerator.

"What we are planning to do is explore Nemus Forestry's logging camp," Cobalt Leader said. he then motioned for everyone to gather around a table that had the map that Spc. Crota picked up.

"So what exactly will we do there?" Zachary asked.

"We will find evidence of Dragonstorm and document it. Once we have enough evidence, we will strike and destroy the camp. However, accumulating enough evidence could take a while."

"So how can we disguise ourselves?" Dr. Bailey asked.

"Zachary and I can disguise themselves as loggers. The rest can go as either surveyors or guards, I guess," Alfred said.

"Good thinking Alfred!" Cobalt Leader said.

"Um, what happens if Nemus Forestry is legit company?" Dr. Zanasiu asked.

"In that case, we will try to make an excuse that we got lost or we went out searching for a lost friend."

"Okay anybody else have input?" Alfred asked.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well If we do damage to it, and its legit we';ll have a lawsuit on our hands " aisha reminded them " We're talking millions here guy, abd I don't have that kind of cash handy, so we have to be very very careful, to make sure this is a Dragonstorm front..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Aisha's got a point. We got away with wrecking Pelvanida because they wanted to keep everything a secret. If we wreck a logging camp and slaughter the loggers. Well, the fallout from that will make Pelvanida look like nothing," Dr. Zanasiu said.

"Which is why we are investigating only and not taking action yet," Cobalt Leader said.

"What's the protocol for use of force?" Spc. Crota asked.

"Use lethal force only if you are immediate fear of your life."  Cobalt Leader looked at Sgt. Masters and Spc. Crota. "And remember, your fangs are considered lethal force."

"So we heading out soon?" Zachary asked.

"We need a vehicle that could reasonably pose as a vehicle that loggers would use. Our white van ain't gonna cut it!" Alfred said.

"Wait, what about your pickup truck?" Cobalt Leader asked.

"The truck seats 5. Additional members may ride in the bed but I wanted to make it look like a legit work vehicle so there are some tools like shovels, axes and stuff in the bed."

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
By the time the tanker pulled from the harbor, the ship has plunged through a freak fog in which their vision is greatly impaired.  The ship was forced to let its horn blow at regular intervals to warn other ships in the vicinity.  The two small boats have already reached the steep sides of the massive supertanker and have waited until Ice dove into the water from the Cayuse and was quickly picked up by Mallard.

Setting behind the bridge, the teams shot hooks up to the deck, and climbed up one by one.  Some guards stood watch in the areas, and one only was able to spot one of the hooks before he was killed by Erin's silenced sniper rifle.

Within moments, the team was on board and quickly found their way down a series of ladders to the propellor shafts...

----------

Deathwind, who was in meditation, awoke to look around his glass chamber.  Scientists and guards walked down the corridor, none of which noticed his reaction.  Something was amiss...  Something familiar...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
so only a few of us can go on the mission then. unless you guys can get another truck' Dr Landon said. " I could pose as medica l personnel, I know loggers can get very bad injuries.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We don't have time to get another truck," Cobalt Leader said.

"I'll stay behind," Dr. Bailey said.

"Cpl. Stern, Spc. Crota and Sgt,. Masters will need to come as well. Zachary and Alfred will also need to be present. I along with the other two members of my squad will need to stay behind as we cannot fit in the truck."

"Sir, if I may, Spc. Crota and myself will ride in the bed. If we do this right, we may look like a pile of cables to a casual observer," Sgt. Masters said.

"I'll stay behind," Dr. Zanasiu said.

"Okay, let's rock and roll!" Alfred said.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm coming along.. I assume we have fake names ready at hand " aisha asked.. "its always good to have names handy.. Sandy Brown, I'll go as that..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"'Calvin Krebs'," Zachary said.

"'Johnson Pholidus'," Spc. Crota said.

"'James Miardian'," Sgt. Masters said.

"'Aaron Bosa'," Alfred said.

"Okay, Krebs, Pholidus, and Bosa, we're ready to head out," Miardian (Sgt. Masters) said.

"We'll need to wait for Cpl. Stern," Aaron (Alfred) said.

"When can we expect you back?" Dr. Zanasiu asked. He looked at the clock. "It's like 1:30 AM now," he said.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i don't know "Sandy" replied "It could be several hours..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Stay safe," Dr. Zanasiu said.

"Cpl. Stern, we'll meet you by the truck," Miardian (Sgt. Masters) said.

He then opened the door and slithered out into the hallway.

Dr. Zanasiu went into the bathroom with a set of new clothing to take a shower and prepare for bed.

Neville was watching an action thriller on the TV.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
aisha went to her room to change to something more appropriate for logging.. dr landon grabbed a fake id and filled out a name 'dr lawrence' would be his cover name.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alfred  headed back to the room that Dr. Landon, he and Aisha shared.

When he got there, he looked in the mirror. His blue jeans and flannel shirt made him look like a logger. Even through his clothing, his powerful muscles were apparent. He decided to flex in front of the mirror as a joke to ease his nervousness.

---------------------

Zachary had stripped down to his underwear and was currently donning some blue jeans. Zachary did in fact have muscles were clearly visible but as side effect of not working out very often, they were nowhere as defined nor as powerful as Alfred's. He was looking through his suitcase for clothing that would fit a logger.

"Zach," Dr. Bailey said, looking up from his magazine, "put a shirt on!"

Zachary finally pulled out a large red flannel shirt. "Well, this will do for now," he said, donning it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
aisha and Dr Landon soon headed out in their disguises " Are you guys almost ready she caled out.. " time is ticking away.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: