The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers: Disruptive Selection

Serris · 5385 · 222292

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Jack took down all the orders. "Your orders will be out in 10 minutes or so," he said.

He then left the table.

Dr. Zanasiu got up to go to the bathroom. There, he used the facilities and washed his hands and face. As he turned to exit, a burly Iguana came in.

The Iguana turned to Dr. Zanasiu. "Are you James Zanasiu?" he asked.

Dr. Zanasiu's heart beat faster. "No," he replied.

The Iguana shrugged. "Oh well, you looked almost like him. Pity, he went missing after the Pelvanida Massacre and I wanted to congratulate him on his heroic actions,"

"Wait, are you Neville Ivers? Head of Pelvanida Security?"

The Iguana nodded. "I am indeed. So you are Dr. Zanasiu?"

"Can't tell you yet but meet by the white van after dinner," Dr. Zanasiu replied.

The Iguana then headed into the stall as Dr. Zanasiu left.

When Dr. Zanasiu arrived back at the table, all the drinks were already on the table and Cobalt Leader was eating his stew.

"You got lost?" Zachary asked.

"Met someone I know," Dr. Zanasiu replied. He then lowered his voice. "It's Neville Ivers, former head of Pelvanida security."

"Can we trust him?" Spc. Crota asked.

"We can, he fought alongside us during the attacks," Dr. Zanasiu replied in a low voice.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well, one can never tell when dealing in matters like these, but if you trust  him thats goofd enough for me.." aisha said, while waiting for their meals " did he say what he has been doing the last few months? or did he not say?"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"No. He just told us to meet him by our van," Dr. Zanasiu said.

At this point, the waiters arrived with their food and began serving them.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha grinned as the 4 cheee ravioli was laid in front of her. the pieces were huge and covered in a thin layer of cheese..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alfred broke off the piece of bread, dipped it into his chili and ate it.

Dr. Zanasiu sprinkled some garlic powder and Parmason cheese on his pasta and began eating.

Zachary stirred his chickpea curry as he waited for it to cool.

Dr. Bailey was eating his okra curry with relish.

The other two Cobalt Squad members slowly ate their meals, mushroom pasta and three cheese ravioli respectively.

"Aren't you two hungry?" Zachary asked the two Pit Viper soldiers.

"Nope. Being Snakes we usually get by on one meal a day," Spc. Crota replied. He then drank some of the water.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Stern ate his pizza, looking rather suspicious at it the whole time. No, he didn't think the cheese was poisoned, but maybe it was a little stale. Hmm. Not the biggest problem to worry about, given the situation with Dragonstorm, and yet, even Coproral Stern could not help but think that a pizza should be better than this.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr landon sipped at his soup which was quite good.. with vegetables mixed in with the mushrooms..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - minor detail but Zemoth's is a VEGETARIAN cafe.)

Zachary was eating his curry. "So what are we going to do a "

Sgt. Masters slithered off his seat and headed to the bathroom.

Spc. Crota kept an eye out for danger.

Alfred had finished his chili and was drinking his third glass of water.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sorry (edited previous post)
 Aisha worked on her ravioli, savoring each bite and swallowing a sip of her Sprite as she moved along.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stern finished his pizza. He was sitting near the Pit Vipers, not at all unnerved by them

"So, Vipers. I understand that you can sense motion and heat differently than humans can. Does it works like a real snake's senses?" He asked.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We can see heat in the same manner as a thermographic camera. However, we must close our eyes to do so," Spc. Crota replied.

Sgt. Masters returned to the table.

----------------------------

The captain of the Dragonstorm ship received word of Ariol's announcement.

"All personnel standby. We will be leaving in 30 minutes," he said into the intercom.

He flicked on the heaters for the heavy fuel oil and waited for the light that signaled that the oil was thinned enough for the massive main engines to burn.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha finished her ravioli about ten minutes later. " anyone felse fancy dessert? I know I do" She grinned, trying to make light conversation.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alfred, Dr. Bailey, Dr. Zanasiu, Zachary and Cobalt Squad had finished their meals.

"Dessert sounds fine," Alfred said, sipping from a glass of water.

Sgt. Masters pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. "Anybody mind if I smoke?"

"I do," Zachary said.

Sgt. Masters stuck the pack of cigarettes and the lighter back into his pocket. He then slithered out the front door.

-------------------

The front of the cafe was filled with smokers. Sgt. Masters lit a cigarette as he stood by the front door. Next to him, a Human tossed his cigarette butt into the ash tray.

As he was smoking he noticed someone trying to break into his white van. He drew his pistol and aimed it at the thief.

"Get away from the van and keep your hands where I can see them!" he ordered.

The thief did as he was told and Sgt. Masters went up to the thief and trained his pistol on the thief.

"Get on the ground!" Sgt. Masters ordered.

The thief did as he was told.

A Dobermann customer outside the cafe noticed the situation.

"Call 911!" Sgt. Masters barked.

The Dobermann whipped out her cell phone and did as she was told.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What is the dessert special for today? aisha asked Jack. ' what can you recommend?"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We've got cheesecake - plain and cherry -, ice cream -soy and regular-, along with cocktails. Today's special is the black forest chocolate cake," Jack replied.

"I'll have the black forest chocolate cake," Dr. Zanasiu said.

"I'll-" Dr. Bailey began but he was cut off by the sound of sirens.

"What the hell happened?" Zachary asked out loud.

Spc. Crota turned around and noticed a police car, lights and sirens going outside the cafe.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Corporal Stern leaped into action, probably overreacting. Bursting out of the restaurant, he found three blue-colored police cars heading over to the eating establishment. All three of them parked, and six officers exited the cars.

"What's going on, officers?" Stern asked them.

"There have been reports of unusual events in the area..." one of the officers started to explain...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Spc. Crota followed Cpl Stern. There a police officer was interviewing Sgt. Masters and two other police officers were detaining the suspected thief. Another officer was interviewing the Dobermann.

"And that's when I drew my pistol and ordered the thief on the ground," Sgt. Masters said.

"So Mr. Masters, you went out to have a smoke and you spotted the suspect attempting to break into your white van?" the police officer asked.

"It's Sgt. Masters. But in any case, that is correct. I then drew my pistol and ordered him to lie on the ground. I then ordered someone to call 911, " Sgt. Masters corrected.

--------------

Dr. Bailey got up but Alfred held him back. "Relax, the police have got this under control," he said.

"Something feels strange about this situation," Cobalt Leader said. He was sipping his glass of water.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yeah.. I'm getting weird voibe as well "Aisha said before turning back to Jack the waiter "I'll have the Black Forest chocolate cake as well
 _ make that three orders of the black Forest cake' Dr landon said..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'm full," Zachary replied.

"I'll take the soy ice cream - chocolate," Alfred said.

"Strawberry Italian ice" Dr. Bailey said.

"Lemon Italian ice," Cobalt Leader said.

Dr. Zanasiu turned around and noticed the police cars outside the cafe. "Aisha," he whispered, "something's up we'd better finish up eating and get out. There's cops here,"

"Speaking of strange, where the hell is Sgt. Masters?" a Cobalt soldier asked.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We'll have them packaged to go then, we should get moving " dr Landon replied.
_ Aisha nodded " We'll like our desert to go please.. we 're in a bit of hurry to get back oand watch the big game thats oion tonight' aisha said. in truth, she wasn't a huge sports nut, but she knew many americans weere
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: