The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ghostbusters (2016) Isn't that Bad

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes, you read the title right.  I got around to renting it and watched it.  It wasn't that bad.

I really think the main reason I waited like half a year to see it was because I didn't want to get killed for my opinion.  I mean, before this came out, there were those looking to kill you regardless of how you looked at it.  Your opinion was literally unsafe from being ridiculed and you'd likely get threats regardless of which way you went.

Now, with everyone's anger being focused at <insert latest thing Donald Trump has done> and the outcome of the Super Bowl, only now did I feel relatively safe from giving out my thoughts.

As for this movie, it wasn't that bad.  It never topped the first movie, but it's better than the second. (Which, unlike everyone who gave this opinion, I didn't hate, btw.) It is actually a good movie and should be seen if you get the chance.

It never bothered me that it wasn't a "passing the torch" movie.  I never was much of a fan of the original Ghostbusters, though I did enjoy it to some degree.  I like the fact that they came up with new ideas to take on the ghosts beyond just the proton pack and trap thing.  Boy did those new weapons look cool.

So yeah, not that bad at all.  Returning it tomorrow, but I may just buy it.

I enjoyed it and I'm not ashamed to admit that. ^^spike