The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A new Muppet movie

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWJ2S4vpKoU

Besides Fraggle Rock, I'm a die-hard Muppet fan in general, and I was excited to learn there's another theatrically-released movie coming this fall. The jokes look good, and it seems they're bringing back practically all the original Muppet characters.

PS: Be sure to look up the parody trailers that were released before this one. They're a riot!  :)  :DD  :lol

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That is awesome that after 25 to 30 years later they're making a new Muppet's Movie. I'm looking forward to this movie. The jokes sound pretty good. And I think the actors they picked are good. So I'm looking forward to the release date.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
The mock trailer of Hangover for this movie is absolutely priceless. I'm so excited that the Muppets are making their return to the big screen.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I absolutely loved watching The Muppets when I was little, as well as Fraggle Rock with my sister while we were living with our mother. I'm really stoked about this movie, and I can hardly wait for it to come.  :DD

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Definately gonna see this. I can't wait for this or Alvin and the Chi.pmunks 3

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My entire family will want to see this.  We're all Muppet Fans to some degree. :)

*waits impatiently for it to come out*

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Personally hoping for Fraggle Rock cameos, since the FR movie just got cancelled....

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I remember watching the Muppet show and the first few movies & the Fraggle Rock series also.  I wonder if it'll be a good movie or not, I guess time will tell.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm a huge Muppets Fan so I can't wait.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just saw the movie 2 nights ago, and here are my thoughts on it:

Though I've seen so far 9 movies this year that, with 1 exception I enjoyed, there were only 2 movies I was really looking forward to in 2011: Scream 4 and The Muppets.

And let me tell you, both of those movies did not disappoint. The Muppets was a great movie, bringing back the magic of the past movies and the Muppet Show.

The jokes were great and not obnoxious, unlike the Smurfs and Alvin and the Chipmunks movies. I laughed at the kidnapping of Jack Black, Gonzo's "Blow up his business" button, the picking up the gang montage, and many other jokes I don't want to give away here.

I liked the main human actors in this, and more importantly, how they didn't take the spotlight away from the Muppets themselves, and I found the songs to be some of the best I've heard in a movie for a while.

Overall, I highly recommend the Muppets and I give it a 9.4/10  :)

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw the film as well.  It was very funny.

It also has a cameo by Aria "Ducky" Curzon, so there's another reason for LBT fans to see it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Stitch,Nov 25 2011 on  04:48 PM
I saw the film as well.  It was very funny.

It also has a cameo by Aria "Ducky" Curzon, so there's another reason for LBT fans to see it.
Well, I was set to see this BEFORE knowing that.  Only makes me want to see it more now.

I'll see if I can set up a day with the family so we all can see it.  Like I said, all of us are Muppet fans to some degree. :)