The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What you don't like

rosie · 81 · 17404

Nenki7

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I don't want to see that sharptooths are very weak dinosaurs who cannot to catch some dinosaurs. :anger

Bruton the Iguanodon

I hate the music. I hate the animation. I hate how the characters are drawn. I hate how some characters like Littlefoot are portrayed. I hate how guest characters are changed. I hate the lack of narrator or outer space shots. I hate how they gave us a whole bunch of better episodes during the first half or so of the season and then started to give more crappy episodes in the second half. I hate those mammals in the mysterious above episode. I hate all the songs---hate em. I hate how absolutely dumb everything is. And I hate, absolutely, positively LOATHE the so- called "official" series finale!  :anger

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
What's so bad about Through The Eyes Of A Spiketail? Sure it was different, but it wasn't that bad. So what if Spike was the star of the episode? He's not an awful character by any means.

Besides, as Vonboy pointed out, it was just a season finale and not a series one; it was just cancelled before new eps  could be made. So Through The Eyes Of A Spiketail is not the official series finale; there never was one. There was only a final episode, which is what Through The Eyes Of A Spiketail was. It was not meant to conclude anything; if it were anything special, it was a special treat to LBT fans to finally hear Spike's thoughts and what goes through his mind.

Bruton the Iguanodon

What's so bad about Through The Eyes Of A Spiketail? Sure it was different, but it wasn't that bad. So what if Spike was the star of the episode? He's not an awful character by any means.

Can't you just accept that I hate it? It's my least favorite episode of the whole series. Nothing you say is going to change that. If you like it that's fine. But I don't.

it was a special treat to LBT fans to finally hear Spike's thoughts and what goes through his mind.

How the heck is that a treat?  :huh:

Seeing the land of mists again? That's a treat. Seeing the killer bee attack in 6? That's a treat. Getting a really beautiful, touching LBT film? That's a freakin' treat.

This wasn't. Seeing through Petrie's eyes would have been more of a treat, in my opinion.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There were no killer bees in LBT6. Those were just bees. There was nothing killer about them, nothing that made them so special to deserve the "killer bee" title.

And I can honestly see why they chose an episode to be from Spike's POV rather than, oh say, Petrie, because out of the two, Spike is the more interesting character for this kind of experiment. Think about it. What makes Spike so different from the rest? What aspect of him would make an ep from his POV more interesting than from the other characters?

He doesn't talk. That's why. The other characters do talk and have talked throughout all the movies/episodes. An episode from Petrie's POV would not have been all that special compared to Spike because we already hear him talk and we know his thought process better than Spike. Spike has almost never spoken, save for..what one line or something, so an episode from his POV, hearing what he has to say about situations, would invoke more interest among the audience because it's something different.

The episode helped viewers understand Spike's world, a world that was, until that episode, rather mysterious and not really understood.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Spike expresses his feelings through his grunts, sighs, giggles, licks, "mm-hmms", "uh-uhs", and occasional tears. Remember the "mad at Littlefoot" part in 11? Or the chaotic crying afterwards? So I'd say though he never talks, he certainly expresses how he feels in situations. I would like to see "Bad Luck" from his POV though to see how pathetic he saw his friends for being scared for no reason!  :lol

The episode helped viewers understand Spike's world, a world that was, until that episode, rather mysterious and not really understood.

Yeah, that he sees in purple and hears in grunts.

And it was really like this the whole time?!  :huh:

Well, who knows what, say, Petrie's POV is like?  
I'd much rather see that since I like him better (NOW) and think it would be just amazing to see a flight from his POV. :smile

There were no killer bees in LBT6. Those were just bees. There was nothing killer about them, nothing that made them so special to deserve the "killer bee" title

Ok, bees then! Seeing the bee attack in 6? That's a treat. Happy?  :lol

But really, it's not a treat for fans. Getting good animation? That would be a treat. Getting good music? That would be a treat. Getting songs that are enjoyable and actually serious? That would be a treat. Getting a really, truly awesome exiting adventure? Now that would be a treat. Getting a great character like Mo? That's a freakin' treat. Having a really good action sequence? That's certainly a treat.

This wasn't.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Anyways, have I made decent arguments now?

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Something that I dislike is that they never have an episode where they finally defeat Redclaw, or actually show an episode about Chomper and Ruby getting into the Great Valley, instead of just throwing them in. Another would be the songs, really? Was it necessary to waste 6 or 7 minutes(thats how much time the two songs in every tv series take) just by them singing? Another was Mr. Thicknose's voice, why couldn't they hire the original actor? Chomper's new voice was better in this then in five, his voice there was so effing annoying, and I don't see him as a coward, just a normal little kid, and being the youngest of the gang, and being different then any other dinosaur in the valley makes it likely that he would be a little skittish. Also, why couldn't they use some good songs, like Very Important Creature, Always there, No One has to be alone, or Bestest Friends? They ruined Adventuring(my favorite song) and bombed Big Water and Friends for Dinner, and never brought back Pterano(my second favorite), that could have made a good plot.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's not that simple to hire a person to do a voice work in the first place. It's harder to get them to do it again. They probably tried to get the original voice actor, but he simply refused or was busy with something else, so they went with someone else. It's quite common for characters to get new voice actors for various reasons.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I know about that, but still, why couldn't they get a voice actor who atleast can imitate the original's well?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can't say. Maybe they thought kids would not notice.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
I can only guess the voice acting was the cause of their economic troubles; we have to remember that the final LBT sequel didn't sell very well.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
The voices they used for the series as a whole were really hit and miss for me.  Sometimes they used adult voice actors to voice young characters, other times they kept using a child voice actor after they had grown up, and then (in the case of Littlefoot) they would replace the child voice actor with another child once the previous one got too old.  

But I guess the only thing I really don't understand about the show is why it took so long to make it. I always thought the Land Before Time movie series was at it's most popular during the nineties, and releasing a TV series at that time would make sense.  But they released the show in 2007, after most of the original audience had grown out of the franchise.  :crazy

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
The one thing I don't like was the many Adventuring versions done in the tv series. The original Adventuring in movie 10 was much better in my opinion. Another thing I don't like is all the different versions of Feel So Happy.

Littlefoot's current voice actor is another thing I didn't like.

Why couldn't they find an adult female to voice him? Some adult females can do young boy voices.

Why did they need two songs per episode anyway?

I don't think the series needed songs at all; unless the songs didn't sound the same with different lyrics for each episode.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
i don't like that they didn't finish the series and hope that they do someday or at least finish that plot in the movies.

Pinky997

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Episode 24 where Ducky went psycho and abandoned Spike for some rocks. Wth was that about? Her creepy, evil, smile though..
The fact that Cera, Ruby, and Spike were left out of the last episode
How Doc became mean and Ally became annoying
How they used the same songs over and over again
How Petrie was scared of everything

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
How was Doc mean? I don't recall him being mean. He just didn't trust Chomper. He isn't the only one.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Doc was never portrayed as a sharptooth lover when LBT 6 came out.  In fact, based on his background, his attitude didn't surprise me much.

I really liked Ducky's "psycho" episode.  It gave her character more depth and proved she's not perfect😇.

Other than that, I do agree Petrie seemed way more skittish than normal and the songs were a bit overkill with redundancy.  I did not care for Littlefoot's OOC arrogance in the TV series.  He's normally way more down to earth and caring than that.  Hopefully, the new sequel will set the record straight again😉.

fanciful_flyer

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://https://reia73.wordpress.com/
Pretty much what's already been mentioned: when I first started checking out the series, the first thing that irritated me were the repeated songs. -_-
And yes they should have had more characters reappear.
I did notice that sometimes they were out of character, so...in short, I consider the series the last thing to go to for LBT entertainment/lore (besides the 13th movie, of course.) Coming on too strong with the corniness.

Ruby2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I wonder how Cera goes from, on her view to Chomper

"We're not his friends, we're his diet!" and "He doesn't have feelings!  He's a Sharptooth!" in movie V to suddenly seeming to trust him completely in the TV Series.  

Plus, I still wanna know how Chomper met Ruby and where the heck his parents are!