The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Legend of Zelda movie...?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are some movies that if you look at them in a non serious light you can enjoy.  Including some movies that can be intentionally funny, like some from the 50's for example, or others more recent then that.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i used to like the super mario bros movie because back in the day just for the fact that it was mario :lol. Now looking back on it i actually hate the movie.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
The Super Mario movie was so bad it was hilarious  :lol Fair play to anyone who actually like it but I couldn't take it seriously. The fact that an acting leg-end like Bob Hoskins had to bear the red jumpsuit and dungarees made it even more amazing (not in a good way though  :P: )

I don't know if Bob Haskins is Italian or not

Definitely not Kor. Bob Hoskins is a British actor (probably one of our best given his age). Given some of his roles he's played (Eddie Valiant - Who Framed Roger Rabbit has to be my fav), I wonder what put him up to it.  :lol

Oh, and thanks for clearing the air with the MGS movie Keni. I was a little afraid that yet ANOTHER video game great would surcome to the "crash-and-burn" fate of most movie adaptations. Thank gawd Hideo Kojima has the sense not to let the series plunge to such a depth that could tarnish it's rep.  ;)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, the games are among the most brilliant ideas in game history!
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe Bob Hoskins either needed the money, thought it may be fun, had nothing else to do so thought why not, or maybe his house was being repainted or something and this was an excuse to get out.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I actually never saw the Mario Bros. movie, and after looking at the poster, I plan to stay away from it.

Some people may disagree, but I think some of the video game to movie adaptations that were seen as flops weren't that bad. I actually enjoyed House of the Dead and Doom, since they are two of my favorite games.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There is a critic giving a review of the movie, and it has some clips of the movie.

Oh, my god! I love this guy! He is funny! He sure knows how to review video game based movies. XD

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Remember the worry I had about the potential of a Metal Gear Solid movie. Apparently it's official! Even imdb.com have a page up about it and it's scheduled for next year so time. Here's the page:

Metal Gear Solid Movie (2009)

Even MGS's creator Hideo Kojima is supposed to be in on it. Guess that's moreso than what the Resident Evil movies had coz Shinji Mikami didn't want anything to do with them. Will be interesting to see who they have portray roles. Someone said Hugh Jackman as Solid Snake...I really don't know... Views people?  :unsure:

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
So it's official, huh? A Metal Gear Solid movie? I looked it up and apparently it's real, Hideo Kojima himself has announced a movie is in development.

This is kind of a mixed bag for me. I mean, I heard a lot of good things about the series, but on the other hand I have this nagging feeling that Hideo Kojima is whoring out Snake and the series, after hearing how he begged to have Snake in the Smash Bros series. No offense to fans, but that's how I feel.