The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Satoru Iwata Dies of Cancer at 55

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I was planning to post this before my computer started messing up on me on this site.

I'll post some of what I said from my DA journal: I didn't agree with the way he ran Nintendo and like many people, I may have found myself annoyed with his excuses but I never once doubted that he was a good person who did a lot for Nintendo and gaming as a whole. He seemed like a really happy, friendly guy and that's very rare to see a CEO or anyone in a position of that sort who's like that. I wish I could have met him at least once.

Either tomorrow or the next day, I plan on doing a drawing in tribute to Iwata. If anybody would like, I'll share it once it's complete.

EDIT: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't crying my eyes out less than a half an hour ago because of this. The last time I found myself this upset over the death of a person I never got to meet was when Satoshi Kon died back in 2010.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is very sudden, I must say. I know he missed the last two E3's due to illness, and he said something about losing weight a few months ago from that illness, but I didn't know it was this serious.

He's touched millions with the games he helped make.  (Many of the early NES games like Baloon Fight and Kirby's Adventure) And he took the helm from the late Mr. Yamauchi when he was too old, and helped the company get a second resurgence.

May you rest in peace, Mr. Iwata.  :cry
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile