The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What inspired your usernames?

Chomper98 · 71 · 10127

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My username evolved from a desire to avoid people having to type out my penname on fanfiction.net in forum posts. My name at the time was Dragonsoul90, so being a dragon nut, I simply added Drake to the front of the name and dropped the number from the end. I've been Drake ever since despite trying to change my online handle a few times it's just stuck with me. This just happens to be the only site where I didn't need to include a last name to register under it.  :p

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Sep 17 2012 on  04:22 PM
I've actually been pronouncing your username right. I just thought saying "sixteen-sixteen" was easier than "one six one six".
Wow! Glad that came across so readily then! :DD I do often wonder why I see (particularly Gamer Tags) have a huge string of numbers after their name. And then how they intend for that number to be read back. :p

Thanks for that DH! ;)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
You're welcome.

Yeah I'm not sure why people put in so many numbers in their usernames. :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
In some cases it may be because their intended name short of any numbers was already taken ;)

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
^That's why Drake has always had a last name attached to it otherwise. I refuse to use numbers in my username, I like being the original article.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Simple. I MADE IT UP JUST FOR FUN!
Sorry about that outburst there. We have our humorous moments.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Strut the Egg Stealer is my first favorite LBT character of all time. And I wanted my username to illustrate just HOW MUCH I wuvs the LBT universe, I chose my first favorite LBT charry.
Pterano's another favorite, but he comes along later in my list of faves.
Hey, Stone of Cold Fire came out in the 2000's. Sorry, Pterano, you should have come out earlier :(
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Actually, my username that I most use is "Robbing" which started from a game I played.  Apparently, I deemed that inappropriate for a forum like this so I switched to my YouTube username, LBTLover1.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I was trying to think up a variation on my actual name, but I decided on a descriptive term instead.
So I went with FreckledOne, since I seem to be one of the only ones in my family with noticable freckles, and since I like CamelCase :p

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
Little Das is my favorite character from Dinosaur Planet, heck he may be my favorite dinosaur character period, so I decided to pick this username just to express that love. :CeraHAPPY The 75 is also supposed to be a reference to the fact the episode he is in takes place 75 million years ago.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 09:09:04 PM by LittleDas75 »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Sneak is name of my LBT dinosaur OC from fanfiction I wanted to write once.
Ozband Iresh, nickname I use around the whole internet, is name of lizard character I met in my dream about trilogy of huge puzzle games. This character's appearance was recolored version of Thud from LBT TV series, and is my main inpiration animal for making my own games.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
My username was a nickname a lot of my friends had for me back when I used to roleplay online pretty regularly, and it’s just a shortened version of my real name. So not much of a backstory there.  :PCera
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Copying and pasting this from a different thread I posted in a while back 'cause I'm lazy. :P

I used to go by the handle "Sunrise Warrior", which dates back to about 2014. But I wasn't really happy with that name and I wanted to change it to something else. Yet I still wanted something along those lines, which led to me coming up with Stardust Soldier in its place, which has been my default username on websites as of around 2017 and onward.

The name "Sunrise Warrior" is derived from the name of a novel I was writing called "Sunrise Peak". Conversely, "Stardust Soldier" isn't a reference to anything specific, aside from just being an offshoot of my older handle. I guess I wanted something that sounded sort of mystical and magical.

I kinda stole mine  :ChomperAmused

@Vojeds: Oh? Care to elaborate? :-P

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I also kinda stole mine as it was the only one I could think of at the time since none of the ones I did try were eligible. I basically took the name Anagnos from Halo, who is a fictional character.

Vojeds

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Copying and pasting this from a different thread I posted in a while back 'cause I'm lazy. :P

I used to go by the handle "Sunrise Warrior", which dates back to about 2014. But I wasn't really happy with that name and I wanted to change it to something else. Yet I still wanted something along those lines, which led to me coming up with Stardust Soldier in its place, which has been my default username on websites as of around 2017 and onward.

The name "Sunrise Warrior" is derived from the name of a novel I was writing called "Sunrise Peak". Conversely, "Stardust Soldier" isn't a reference to anything specific, aside from just being an offshoot of my older handle. I guess I wanted something that sounded sort of mystical and magical.

I kinda stole mine  :ChomperAmused

@Vojeds: Oh? Care to elaborate? :-P

its pretty straight forward, i saw my friends game name and i basically made own version of it, the original name was Lojed, imo mine is cooler  :ChomperImAwesome

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mine is pretty self-explanatory

Ducky is my favourite character and 123 is just uhh... a random number really  :smile
Inactive, probably forever.

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I chose mine mostly for the fact that I am a little bro.  :P It was also kind of chosen because of Spike. He is a little brother, too. I wanted to go with something more LBT, but I couldn't exactly think of anything.  :lol But, little bro is not a username I regretted.
Go Chomper!

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
^Thanks.

I thought about Chomper'sChum as my username, but Protege said that it might get shortened to "Chum" by some members. :P I prefer being called "Bro" over "Chum."
Go Chomper!