The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Resolution Problems

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey all,

I recently had to format my computer. Reinstalled windows XP and upgraded it to SP3. Then I had to install my drivers manually, which did result in something more awesome than what I had before I formatted my computer. I installed my sound card drivers, and yesterday I did the ones for my videocard. I couldn't find any disc for the videocard in the box of discs with drivers though, so I downloaded it from the internet.

Now, the problem is, every time when I start the computer, my resolution is reset to the lowest possible (800x600) which is kind of annoying. I've looked for this on google but the only thing that is mentioned is a possible virus. I don't think that's the case.

My video card is an Ati x300, well, probably anyway. I used a program to detect all the hardware on my computer and that was one of them. I installed the drivers for the x300 so that should be alright.

Any ideas?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Please give me the EXACT model of your computer (example:  HP Pavillion dv6000).

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I honestly dont know. I only know it's a Dell.

Maybe you could tell me where to look.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
On the front it should say "Inspiron 4100" or something.  It might say "Dimension 3200" or just about anything.  It's not going to be on a sticker.  It'll be engraved onto the computer itself.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay. Dimension 5150 it is.

I solved it though. Action gave me the tip of unchecking BASEVIDEO in boot.ini. It wasn't checked though. I decided to check it, restart, uncheck it, restart... And it worked!

I still have no clue what was wrong but, it is solved. This topic can be closed now.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I solved it though. Action gave me the tip of unchecking BASEVIDEO in boot.ini. It wasn't checked though. I decided to check it, restart, uncheck it, restart... And it worked!

I still have no clue what was wrong but, it is solved. This topic can be closed now.
LOL that's awesome. :p Nice job! :D

(example: HP Pavillion dv6000).
I just find this funny because my laptop is an HP Pavillion dv6000 (that I quite often want to throw through a window, but that's okay). :p

Okay, I'm closing this topic now. :)