The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Your Opinon on Photobucket's New Look

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Since I went back to Photobucket over the last few weeks, I noticed that the admins there made some changes to it.  If you have been there for as long as I have, then you know the changes I'm talking about.

The first change anyone notices is the site's Menu Bar.  The links for guests and members are totally different now.  With members, the links are:  My Home, Following, Find Stuff and What's New.  With Guests, the links are: Join Now, Find Stuff and What's New.

Not to mention, the drop down from the menu bar is just gone now.  I like a drop down menu bar when it comes to a website.  Makes things convenient, IMO.

To be honest, I like the new member menu bar, but I liked the old one better.  Don't ask me why, I just did.  Maybe I was just too used to it.  I don't know! :P:

Next, members have a new way to organize their pictures and videos that they are willing to share.  In fact, I'm not even sure if there was a way to organize your stuff with the old one, (maybe I was just gone from there too long.) but if there wasn't, then this is a welcomed addition.

Not to mention that the stats of your stuff is just right there in front of you when you click on the My Home link.

However, the new links and features almost seem to encourage people to go Pro because of how much more it offers now with the new stuff.  However, those of us who have been there for at least a few years know all the tricks to ensuring we can run like a million photos without EVER going Pro.  If anything, it only encourages the newbies.

The only real gripe I have is the notice of how many ads are on each page you go to now.  Not just the top, but sometimes on the sides and many times at the bottom.  I know they need them to make money to keep the site going, but there's just a point of annoyance when it comes to putting ads on a website.  With the GOF Forum, it's more than tolerable, but with Photobucket, it just seems a bit much now.  At least they are ones you can easily ignore. (Unlike the more annoying pop-up and redirect ads out there. :rolleyes: )

All-in-all, it's a nice change and a welcome one.  I just wish they didn't have so many ads. :P:

So, what's your opinion on the new look.  Good or bad?  Better or worse?

Seriously, it's best the members of Photobucket express how they feel with it all. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I hate their new system.  Now I gotta click 3 times instead of just once to get to the same place.  I don't need to edit my photos or do any of the other crap.  I just wanna upload a photo and link to it.  Never thought they'd make it this complicated. :rolleyes:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
So far I like the new system.  Perhaps I was never a power user but so far I'm happy with the changes. :)