The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

this bothers the crap out of me...

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
On LBT 12 during the song "things change"  Cera steps onto the log and goes almost to the end, then it shows her only a couple feet onto it and she has to move so Littlefoot can fit onto it.  They don't edit stuff like this.  I could probably find at least 10 inconsistancies on each of the sequals.  What did you notice that was strange?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Don't be too bothered. Movies with a much higher budget than the land before time made worse mistakes. It may even be possible that some inconsistencies are the result of cuts from the movie (the original movie is not the only one from which scenes were cut) though I admit that this is extremely unlikely in case of the pictures accompanying a song. However, it is not the kind of plothole that will bring an entire movie down.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 29 2007 on  03:51 PM
Don't be too bothered. Movies with a much higher budget than the land before time made worse mistakes. It may even be possible that some inconsistencies are the result of cuts from the movie (the original movie is not the only one from which scenes were cut) though I admit that this is extremely unlikely in case of the pictures accompanying a song. However, it is not the kind of plothole that will bring an entire movie down.
True then theres the fact that this tends to show that even now lbt is not useing the rubber stamp meathod of doing backgrounds and accessory forground parts as so many animated films have done from late 80s to now.

What is intresting as he pointed out though is how they decided to simply mke cera move foward to make room when originally they would not have needed to do it had the log been same size through out hehe.

Guess they were hoping to sneak that by the viewers :)

To landbeforetimelover
Best advice i can give try to avoid tareing apart the films to much less you can do so with out being to annoyed. Theres alot of this in pretty nearly every animated film every made. I my self enjoy looking for these little things. They dont anoy me but its intresting how they will change a scene to fix little errors like scale of a scene item such as the log. It shows that to change that log and fix it would take along time and shows its all hand drawn vs stamped.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Apr 29 2007 on  09:39 AM
On LBT 12 during the song "things change"  Cera steps onto the log and goes almost to the end, then it shows her only a couple feet onto it and she has to move so Littlefoot can fit onto it.  They don't edit stuff like this.  I could probably find at least 10 inconsistancies on each of the sequals.  What did you notice that was strange?
Well on the subject of inconsistanciesin lbt all films.

Lbt 1 look carefully when ducky is doign the ryme "step on a crack and youll fall and break your back" While it shows here feet and the cracks she speaks of watch the cracks carefully. The cracks wiggle and move and slide and grow and shrink. Its quite slight but  if you watch for it you can spot them. Also during many other scenes where the same bg is shown over a period of time you can see various objects change. This is because unlike many a animated film alot of the background was drawn frame by frame by frame do to changing angles and such.

As for the reason they dont edit such things Well it comes down to time. To change the iexample of cera and little foot would requires a huge redraaw of alot more frames than you might think. If they were in scene for a mear 10 secounds like that your talking 2400 frames that would need to be redone. In cgi if it was done that way you would be talking about 24 to 240 frames needing manipulated in some fasion.

That doesnt sound like alot but it is.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Then maybe it bothers you too that in the original film during the pan out from when all the friends sleep in Sharptooth's footprint that Littlefoot and Cera completely change positions right in front of you.  We're all human....it happens.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Apr 29 2007 on  10:30 PM
Then maybe it bothers you too that in the original film during the pan out from when all the friends sleep in Sharptooth's footprint that Littlefoot and Cera completely change positions right in front of you.  We're all human....it happens.
Lol i remember that. Its all part of animation now when it happens in live action like the series star gate sg1 for example. First episode shows the gould going back through the ative worm hole they just came through. Later in the series infact with in the first few episodes this is said to be impossible. They just totaly forgot about the first episode (well they hoped we would).

I think landbeforetimelover is alot like me to observent for his own good when it comes to just enjoying a animated film i have to be careful to not pay to much attention to scene objects etc other wise ill ruin the film for my self.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think landbeforetimelover is alot like me to observent for his own good when it comes to just enjoying a animated film i have to be careful to not pay to much attention to scene objects etc other wise ill ruin the film for my self.
I'm actually very similar. I always try to avoid looking for any kind of phony things and/or mistakes in a film. I also refuse to see how a movie was made. Unless I "accidently" end up seeing it, I will NEVER watch a part of a dvd that shows how the film was created. I prefer to just leave that part up to my own mind, so if I can avoid it, I will avoid it.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And in lbt 5 When they're all running after the treestar we hear spike grab petrie the second time before it shows him doing it.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I will NEVER watch a part of a dvd that shows how the film was created.

Awww..that's too bad. "The Making Of" segments are one of the only reasons I'll buy DVDs.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,May 1 2007 on  09:20 PM

Awww..that's too bad. "The Making Of" segments are one of the only reasons I'll buy DVDs.
Yeah really...that'll be a reason I actually get the dvd because I want to see how its made. :)  Sure you probably won't watch it more than a couple of times, but I think that's really nice...you get it from the makers themselves....not imdb.com  ;)

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,May 2 2007 on  08:53 PM
Quote from: DarkHououmon,May 1 2007 on  09:20 PM

Yeah really...that'll be a reason I actually get the dvd because I want to see how its made. :)  Sure you probably won't watch it more than a couple of times, but I think that's really nice...you get it from the makers themselves....not imdb.com  ;)
Lol imdb needs to hire me as a mod there id show em how to deal with trolls :)

I dont know as per dvd extras never really cared much for them as a whole. If they do a aniversary lbt one with don bluth etc talkign about lbts history then yeh that would be worth the price of purchase alone imo.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:huh: Just thought that it was a case of perspective.  Maybe a cause...