The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Greatest Sacrafice

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside,Jul 25 2013 on  08:28 PM
Why do peeps read stuff and never review :(

Well, than I'll call you Nana, Nahla :lol
YAY NANA

I'll leave you some reviews next time I'm on FanFiction,I do follow you on there.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
I can see we're heading towards a climax here. I hope it shall be entertaining...looking forward to seeing a reunion scene too. And for a deceased longneck to save her mother's life? Hmm... :D

Why do peeps read stuff and never review sad.gif

I feel your pain... :cry

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chapter: 13
Copyright: © characters and places by United Pictures; © Plot and OC by me

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Right now I do not care how they got in!" Bron screamed at Mr. Threehorn, swinging his tail against a Fast Biter who had crept closer. "Right now I just want them out again." The blood-red Fast Biter jumped back, evading the Longneck's tail.
Perhaps the Threehorn would have argued, had another Fast Biter not chosen to try and get Cera. Slowly but surely they were corralling the Leaf-eaters together, driving them to the river-edge. If one of them fell in, he or she would be dragged away by the current, with all the dangers that came with it.
The children were hiding among the feet of the grown-ups, protected by the massive horns and tails of adult Flatteeth. But even those could not keep the Fast Biters from driving them back.
"Oh no!" Petrie called, pointing with a wing to one of the entrances in the far-away Wall. The form of an adult Sharptooth was just visible descending the path down to the Valley-floor. He was a shade of pale-grey the children knew well: Red Claw.
"Topsy!" Tria called, alerting her mate to a different Fast Biter trying to use the distraction of the grey Threehorn to flank him. She was standing further into the herd, several children hiding between her legs. Tricia was pressed against her mother's foreleg, watching with wide eyes as her older sister snuck between the adults to join them.
"Are you alright?" Tria quickly checked her step-daughter over.
"He didn't get me." Cera assured her, peeking around to look for her friends. Shorty and Littlefoot were with their father, unable to cross the distance between him and the main herd, but the massive legs and tail of Bron kept them safe for now. Petrie was sitting on the ground below Tria and Spike and Ducky were with their mother a short distance away. "Where is Ruby?" She realized the pink Fast Runner was nowhere to be seen. Then she saw her: hiding among the trees, the other girl had not made it to the safety of the grown-ups in time and was now in terrible danger. At least, once the Fast Biters noticed her. But that was only a matter of time since the wind had been turning all day now.
The grass rustled, a soft breeze passing through the long blades, carrying the scent of easy prey.
Only two turned to the young Fast Runner, but they were enough. She could not outrun them, and they could simply track her with their keen sense of smell.
Ruby was frozen as they charged her, and that saved her life. Teeth closed around her tail, hoisting her entire body up as if she was no heavier than a Tree-star. Up and up she went as the Fast Biters howled in frustration. She was put high in one of the trees, only now getting a good look at who had saved her. She nearly fell down from the branch she had been put on. The Longneck wore scars, each still fresh and tender, but she'd have to be blind not to recognize her.
"Stay up there." Grandma Longneck ordered her, stepping out from between the trees. The Fast Biters backed away, their red eyes narrowing as they looked her over. They were from a pack that had hunted around the Valley for generations, and they remembered the Longneck whom they had brought down, only to lose the kill to new arrivals. Only the 'kill' had not been as permanent as one would expect.
The other Leaf-eaters had not yet realized it, but a dead Leaf-eater was walking out from between the trees. Her long neck lifted her vulnerable head away from the threat while her tail threateningly swung back and forth as she blocked their way to the tree with her body.
"Grandma!" The single word echoed through the following silence, Littlefoot having to keep from running with all his might. It could not be… She could not be here.
"Stay there, Littlefoot!" A voice he had near despaired to ever hear again while awake answered him. "Stay with the herd!"
His grandfather did not move, his jaw dropping as his eyes tried to tell him a truth his brain was slow to accept: his mate was alive, somehow, and was here.
The Fast Biters did not attack, not yet at least. By some strange way of fate a Longneck that they had killed was facing them again and regardless of that, she had been a formidable adversary even without being able to survive dying.
She roared, stepping forward and swinging her tail. Her target dodged, jumping back. The other Fast Biter jumped forward, snapping at her neck. She pulled it out of his reach, before bringing it back with all the strength she could, slamming it against his body. A dangerous move, but also a rewarding one as she managed to send him flying backwards. The other hissed, baring his teeth against her. Spit dripped down onto the grass.
In answer she rose to her hind-feet, crashing down onto the ground with all her weight behind the move. The earth shook, and instinctively the smaller dinosaur jumped back. The other got back to his feet, approaching the old Longneck from the other side.
Perhaps she could have dealt with them, had their reinforcements not arrived. Grandma barely managed to get her neck away before massive jaws crashed close where it had been. Red Claw growled at her, stepping up to her some more.
She backed away, her own growl answering his. She slammed her feet down, reminding him with what he was dealing here: an adult Longneck unafraid to defend herself with violence if need be. He did not care, starting to drive her away from the herd. He ignored the young Fast Runner in the tree, every sense focused on the much more rewarding prey of the old Longneck.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ooh... ;)

Glad everyone's pleased to see Grandma back, and she can put up a mean fight.  :lol I don't quite get how Rec, Tyra etc aren't there too, considering they went ahead of her, but I'll just wait and see. Excellent work!  :lol:

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yup and Change of Plans :p YOu'll see soon enough :3

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
ACTION!!! :DD

Can't wait for the next one, literally
Inactive, probably forever.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Whoo, Grandma's back! :DD

Anndd Red Claw's after her... Whelp, if she came back from 'death' only to die again... well, that wouldn't do anyone any good.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jul 27 2013 on  10:38 AM
Anndd Red Claw's after her... Whelp, if she came back from 'death' only to die again... well, that wouldn't do anyone any good.
Except to traumatize Littlefoot beyond belief :lol

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chapter: 14

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

“I have to help her.” Grandpa breathed. But the moment he stepped forward the Fast Biters turned on him, driving him back.
“Dear!” Grandma called, whether as warning or cry for help he wasn’t sure. Red Claw shot forward, aiming for her neck. Her tail slapped against his side, throwing his aim off just enough to miss her. He growled at the Fast Biters, who started to circle the female. She stepped back, needing to bring them to one side of her, otherwise she was lost. The scars on her body rippled as she turned to slap away one of them. Red Claw used her distraction to flank her, aiming for her flank. He hit her hard, toppling the Longneck. She grunted in pain as she crashed down, several of her just-healed bones not appreciating the sudden pressure.
She struggled to get back to her feet, freezing when a thundering roar sounded. It was answered by another, Red Claw backing down a bit as breaking branches heralded the approach of something big.
The Flattooth used his distraction, hoisting herself up with another grunt, turning to face the new arrivals: two more adult Sharpteeth, one light-green, the other dark-green, left the cover of the trees, snarling as they slowed to a stop.
Grandpa Longneck paled in horror, watching as the Sharpteeth surrounded his mate. Roars and growls floated over the field as the three talked to one another. Grandma Longneck did not move, only her eyes flitting from one threat to another.
Red Claw snarled something, and the two Fast Biters returned to the others. Grandma roared, throwing her tail from side to side, the air whooshing around it. He answered her by snapping at her neck, driving her back to the other two.
They in turn did not move, merely waiting until their prey was in reach. Their blood-red eyes followed every move of the Longneck, their muscles flexing in preparation for the attack. Their teeth shone a terrible white in the light of the Bright Circle, a grin playing around the lips of the dark-green one.
“Just a bit more…” The light-green one whispered. “A bit more.” Her eyes narrowed, nostrils flaring as she smelled the scent of her prey.
Grandma glanced over her shoulder, before turning to her mate. His eyes were filled with horror, looking from her to the Sharpteeth.
Red Claw made another step forward, but this time she did not back away, despite his teeth intend on killing her. Instead she threw another last glance at Grandpa, smiling weakly and rose to her hind-feet. He had the feeling that it was her death all over again: this was the exact same position he had last seen her: on her hind-feet, surrounded by meat-eaters.
This time she had no intention of falling, instead balancing while her forelegs swung through the air. Red Claw moved back a bit hesitantly, not willing to risk having her crush him. He might have preferred that to the alternative.
Using the distraction of their prey, the other two Sharpteeth shot forward, rounding the Longneck and biting down on the pale-grey body. Red Claw screamed in pain and anger. In answer the other two merely bit down harder. The light-green Sharptooth had taken hold of his leg, while the other was busy breaking his neck.
The Fast Biters were distracted by this unexpected turn.
“Chomper!” Grandma called, crashing down on the ground.
The answer was a roar that was more adorable than threatening. A grey blur passed by most of the Flatteeth, heading straight for Thud. The young Sharptooth was busy developing the powerful jaw-muscles of the grown-ups and he had every intention to use them: he latched onto the Fast Biter’s leg and didn’t let go.
Thud hissed in pain, snarling at the young dinosaur. Chomper looked at him, grinning around the flesh in his jaws. Thud roared at him, and the roar that was answer to THAT was more threatening than adorable.
The pale-green Sharptooth the children had seen when Doc had visited burst from the trees, jaws opened wide. Now Chomper let go, dropping to the ground as Thud tried to evade the new arrival. But the teeth of the young Sharptooth had done damage that slowed him down. He stood no chance.
On the other side of the field Red Claw had managed to shake off the Sharpteeth biting him, growling at them. They in turn snarled at him and started to flank him. He realized too late that the Longneck had not used to distraction to try and get to the herd. Her powerful tail alerted him to that fact all too painfully. She managed to hit the bite of the pale-green one, causing pain to shoot through his body.
He roared at her, which she answered with another swing with her tail. This time he evaded, but only barely. One of the Sharpteeth tried to once again bite him, but he wheeled around in time, ignoring the pain in his neck and leg.
“Why would you help Flatteeth?” He demanded. “They are our food, not friends.”
“Perhaps.”
The dark-green male answered. “But they never did what you did: threaten our child. In fact they protected him countless times.”
“Child?”
Red Claw echoed, glancing to where their pale-green daughter was driving the Fast Biters back. Behind her feet was a gray hatchling. “Chomper is your son?”
“Bingo.”
The light-green female made a step forward. “Our son you threatened several times, if the stories are to be believed.”
“Perhaps you shouldn’t have send him to the buffet then.”
Red Claw snarled, snapping at the approaching female.
“That is not up for debate here.”
Chomper’s father stated. “The Longneck knows this. She knows that as long as the Flatteeth are the ones defending our son, we will help her. Perhaps not protect, but definitely help. In turn, we know that we can only count on her help while we do not threaten her child.”

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Where's the next part??? I wanna read it NOW!!! :lol

Seriously, another great action-loaded chapter!

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
On my USB and on Fanfiction.net :p

And there is more action still, I know how addicted you are :lol

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chapter: 15

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

White Star snarled at the Fast Biters. They had recovered from their shock, and the feast behind her was making them bold enough to actually attempt to kill her. One or even three would not have been a problem, but half a dozen were a bit much. Luckily they were still hesitant, meaning only one or two actually dared attack her while most simply tried to get around her.
She needed to keep the blood to a minimum though; the Longneck wouldn’t be happy if she traumatized the watching young ones. That her parents had already covered, snapping at Red Claw as if he was their next dinner. Not that he wouldn’t be once he was death, but at the moment he was still very much alive.
She roared at one of the Fast Biters trying to get to the young Longnecks. The adult Longneck slapped him away, directly in front of her feet. Did he aim for that? She wasn’t sure, but she wouldn’t question an opportunity when it presented itself. His death was swift and bloodless. One down, seven more to go.
They hissed threateningly, the sound running up and down her spine. She roared again, making a step forward. They immediately dispersed, keeping out of range of her jaws. Cowards…
“Get to the herd.” She told Chomper. “I need to know you safe.”
He was standing behind her, so close that there was no way anything would try to snap him up. He looked up, his red eyes still filled with an innocence hers no longer could match. He nodded, turning and sprinting off while his sister remained behind.
“Leave this Valley.” White Star stated. “If you do I have no reason to hunt you. Thud is dead, Red Claw will not survive either. Those we want death, will be.”
“I doubt you’d let us go.”
A dark-green Fast Biter stated. “Besides, we were promised a fair hunting-ground. We claim this Valley.”
“I think you do not understand.”
White Star answered. “I and my kin claim this ground. We will kill Red Claw, and take his territory for our own. Including the Valley. And we will kill anyone foolish enough to try and stay.”
“Yeah, so leave!”
Chomper called from where he was standing under the adult Longneck.
The pale-green Sharptooth did not react to her brother’s call, merely shooting forward. Tey jumped aside, but her head hit one against the tail, throwing the Fast Biter of balance. She righted herself, looking at the others.
“I killed two of your pack, are you truly willing to die with them?” She asked, her red eyes gleaming. “I am fully prepared to eradicate all of you if you stay.”
Sometimes it is better to stand your ground and sometimes the only thing you can do is to run as fast as your legs can carry you. Now was one of those latter moments.
The remaining Fast Biters ran, Sharptooth in hot pursuit. The dark-green Fast Biter had been right: she had no intention of letting them leave the Valley, only to get them out of sight of the children. There were only so many ways she could kill them without them ending as mangled corpses.
Her parents meanwhile had no choice but to turn their target into a mangled mess: Red Claw was too dangerous to stay close to for long, so they had to bite and retreat, hoping that blood-loss would weaken him.
Grandma Longneck was panting. She was not used to such long drawn-out battles, the fact that her mate was the fighter of the family aside. Still she did not use any opportunities to get to the herd, knowing full well that her tail was at times the only thing keeping him from attacking in return. She snarled as he tried to grab a hold of her neck. This time she did not need to bother with slapping at him.
“Dear.” She breathed as her husband’s tail came to her aid. He stepped up beside her, his eyes full of questions.
“Love.” He answered her, briefly reaching out to touch her before Red Claw demanded their full attention. The Sharptooth snarled, backing away a bit when he was answered with thundering roars. Tyra and Rec did not show any discomfort with the increasing amount of adult Leaf-eaters around them, only seeing an opportunity to finish this once and for all. The Leaf-eaters meanwhile realized that same opportunity and were willing to ignore them for the time being.
He no longer had the strength to run and even if he would have had it, he would not have made it out of the Valley, not with the opponents he was facing now. The female Longneck was now being flanked by two others, the two Sharpteeth were flanking him and several Threehorns were blocking his escape into the forest, leaving him no way out.
The only thing he could do was ensure that he did not go down alone. That left him with a lack of available targets, since all he could reach were well-defended. The scar on his face rippled as he frowned, slowly turning. The light-green female was closer to him than her mate, but he would still need a distraction. He growled. Attacking the Valley had seemed like such a good idea, but it was back-firing spectacularly because of the two Sharpteeth who had apparently decided they’d rather be friends with their dinner than actually eat it. It was ridiculous, but it did not change that he was about to go down and go down hard.
They did not attack, they did not need to. Sooner or later he’d collapse, and once down he wouldn’t get back up. His narrowed eyes looked from one dinosaur to the next, seeking a weak link he could exploit before he had no strength left.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
KILL HIM!!! :DD

I love fight scenes! I think you did it quite well :yes

How cruel to let Redclaw die slowly... Well, I also used this motive in my fic :smile it's a little more... cruel in my fic though... :blink:

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
They have no choice, he is an actual, proper threat here :lol

And thank you, glad this scene managed to gain your approval :3

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chapter: 16
Author's Note: Guys, this story is soon at an end, so I'm asking all of you: what should I do with the sequels and side-stories? Make a new thread for each, or continue it in here? :/

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

She was panting, each muscle begging her to take a rest. She looked at the Sharptooth in front of her, who was just waiting for an excuse to attack.
"Love?"ù His voice was worried and even afraid as he registered the shaking of her limbs and the racing of her heart. She turned her head to look at him, but that send everything spinning. Her body had reached its‚Äô limit.
Bron gasped in shock when something heavy impacted with his side, nearly throwing him down. As he recovered and looked to the side he saw Grandma Longneck on the ground, unconscious. He didn't even have time for an 'uh-oh', because Red Claw charged forward, aiming at the unconscious dinosaur.
Grandpa Longneck was about to throw himself in between them when something barreled against the pale-grey Sharptooth, throwing him to the ground. The light-green Sharptooth stepped forward a bit, shielding the fallen Longneck with her body as she growled something.
"Don't look, guys!"ù Chomper exclaimed in reaction to whatever she had said, covering Tricia's eyes as he did so.
The Leaf-eaters had not understood a word, but they knew the look in her eyes well enough: a look only present when Meat-eaters were about to kill. Had she warned her son? Or had the boy simply realized what was about to happen from what she had said?
At any rate, that was the end of Red Claw. Even as the 'biggest and meanest Sharptooth of them all' there is only so much you can survive.
The dark-green Sharptooth rose, no doubt saying something to his son before picking up the corpse together with his wife and walking off.
"Love?" Grandpa Longneck ignored the leaving Sharpteeth altogether, gently nudging his unmoving mate. At least she was breathing steadily, otherwise he would have really panicked.
"I think she just exhausted herself." Mrs. Swimmer stated, checking the older female over. "Between recovering from all these wounds..."ù She briefly touched one of the scars. "as well as the battle and her general age - no offense - she just overestimated herself. But with a good portion of rest, she should be fine."
The old Longneck briefly closed his eyes, releasing the breath he had been holding practically since she had fallen. "How is this even possible?"ù He turned to look at Chomper, the only remaining one that could tell him.
"Well, basically..."ù The young Sharptooth looked up at him. "My parents and sister saved her."
"They did?"ù Grandpa looked down at his wife again.
"Well, the three of them as well as Grandma Longneck said so."ù Chomper shrugged. "So I took their word for it."
"Why would Sharpteeth save a Leaf-eater?"ù Mr. Threehorn wondered.
"They recognized her as Littlefoot's grandmother."ù Chomper pointed at his friend. "And decided that since he was my friend, they'd try to save her. According to what Dad told me, it was a pretty close call."
"Then it seems I have to thank them."ù Grandpa Longneck softly said.
"Why didn't you come back?" Littlefoot demanded. “We were worried about you!"
"We were, we were..."ù Ducky agreed with the little Longneck.
"Well, they forbid me from telling anyone she was there on account of Red Claw making the area unsafe."ù Chomper looked at the ground. "But I knew I couldn't keep quiet, so I stayed away so I wouldn't tell you."
"At any rate, you both are here now." Grandpa said. "We can discuss this in detail once Grandma wakes up again."

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

It took Grandma until late evening to wake again and even then it was only briefly. The next morning however she was far more rested. She woke being flanked by Bron and Grandpa with Littlefoot curled up next to her neck. It was good to be back.
She poked the sleeping form of her mate, waking him. He smiled the moment he saw her, nuzzling her.
"I thought I had lost you."ù He whispered.
"I feared that too."ù She chuckled softly. "But it has not yet come so far."
"It was dangerously close."ù He sighed, looking down on the sleeping form of their grandson. "I nearly died of grief, you know."
"Chomper told me."ù She rested her head under his. "I was worried I wouldn't recover in time."ù
"Threehorn reminded me I should get my act together though."ù Her mate pointed out.
"Now THAT Chomper failed to mention."ù She looked up. "Should I check you over for horn-marks?"
"No need, my love."ù He assured her. "It didn't come that far."ù
"Then he is going soft."ù She chuckled again. "Do you think they will wake soon? I must admit that the Mysterious Beyond has a certain lacking of green food."
"I'll get you something."ù He promised her, rising to his feet. "You rest some more."

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is the happiest chapter possible :)

Great job!

(I feel so alone being the only one to actually leave some lines here)

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
HAH! I betcha there will be happier chapters coming!

(*pat, pat* It's ok, loneliness isn't bad :p )

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chapter: 17
Author’s Note: Last Chapter of this Story! I have decided to put the Sequels in new threads with each one of the Side-stories afterwards, cause the Time-skips would otherwise confuse people (I think). Should this be against Regulations for whatever reason, please tell me!!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

“That is quite the story.” Grandpa softly said after she finished talking. Everyone had gathered in the Stone Circle to hear Grandma tell the tale of her miraculous survival and she had just finished her story. Beside her Chomper was frowning a bit. She had left out the whole my-daughter-saved-me-and-I-can-speak-Sharptooth-now-thing, which could raise some questions as to why exactly she trusted the Sharpteeth.
“I know.” Grandma Longneck said. “Yet this is what happened.”
“I still don’t understand why they saved you in the first place.” Mr. Threehorn said. “Sharpteeth don’t simply see an easy meal and think ëoh wait, I know her kid, let’s save her’.”
“Yet that is what they must have thought, otherwise this entire conversation would be moot.” Duckie’s mother pointed out. “What interests me most is what they will do now. They know of at least one secret entrance and I doubt they’ll leave the Great Valley after finding it.”
“My parents wouldn’t hurt a Valley-resident.” Chomper stated, glaring at the Swimmer for even suggesting it. “They promised me that.”
“No offense towards you, Chomper.” Grandpa Longneck looked down. “But the word of a Sharptooth is not something we here easily trust, you must understand that.”
Chomper made to retaliate, but Grandma cut him off, shaking her head lightly. He closed his mouth again and stepped back.
“If I may?” She asked, looking up at her mate. About halfway through her tale she had been forced to lay down, tired from standing the entire time. “I for one trust their word. To me they have proven that they shall not break that promise to their son. They could have killed me several times at the least and never did, all because I was Littlefoot’s grandmother. They did not know me at all, but they were willing to risk their lives for me. That speaks for them.”
Chomper beamed.  
“So you advocate letting them stay here?” Bron asked incredulously.
“I advocate not judging them on their kind.” Grandma stated. “Perhaps it would be better to postpone such talk until after we know if they are going to stay or not.”
“There is no doubt they’ll stay: they have a dinner here.” Threehorn countered.
Grandma frowned at that.
“Perhaps we just ask them?” Chomper suggested, pointing out into the Valley. There, calmly walking towards the Stone Circle, was his family. He noted with worry that his sister had several cuts on her body.
“Are you alright?” He ran up to them, addressing the pale-green Sharptooth.
“Fast Biters can’t do that much damage. They only sting a bit.”  She chuckled, leaning down to nuzzle him. His parents greeted him much the same way, before turning to the assembled Leaf-eaters.
Tyra smiled as Grandma Longneck hoisted herself up again and walked up to them.
“She looks fine to me.” Rec stated. The only reason they had come here was because Tyra had been worried about the Longneck. He’d never admit that he too had felt his heart skip a beat when the Flattooth fell.
Tyra greeted the Longneck warmly, not seeing the twitch in the tail of the Longneck standing with the rest of the herd. Rec however did and couldn’t help but grin.
“I think you ought to give her some room, her mate is getting protective.” He chuckled. Tyra looked up, meeting the Longneck’s gaze evenly. She snorted before stepping back just a little bit, earning herself an amused glare from Grandma.
“Uh…” A small voice came from below. Littlefoot was standing next to his grandmother, looking up at the two Sharpteeth in front of her. He cleared his throat. “I wanted to thank you for saving my grandma.”
As Chomper translated, Littlefoot saw the expressions of the Sharpteeth change. They grew softer, much like when they had realized that Chomper was their son on their first visit to the valley. Chomper’s mother leaned down, tilting her head to look at him. She growled softly.
“She says you’re welcome.” Chomper told him.
“Does she?” Grandpa stepped up, looking at the Sharptooth as she rose to her full height again.
“Dear.” Grandma said. “I think Chomper knows better than to mistranslate.”
He didn’t answer, merely looking at the Sharpteeth in front of him. The dark-green male growled something to his wife.
“He says he doubts you like him.” Chomper told Grandpa.
“I had some bad experiences with his kind.” Grandpa stated before looking at his wife. “But I guess I owe it to him to give him a chance.”
“He appreciates the sentiment.” Chomper translated his father’s answer. “And mom says she can understand why you’d view them badly after what happened to your daughter.” He added.
Grandpa nodded slowly.
“We are leaving.” Rec told his son. “The surrounding lands are ours now, and even without the Valley, they are among the best Hunting-grounds one can find. We do expect you to visit.”
Chomper nodded, watching as his family calmly walked back to the entrance of the valley.
“And?” Mr. Threehorn asked, joining the Longnecks in watching the Sharpteeth leave the valley.
“They will claim Red Claw’s territory, but they won’t hunt in the Valley.” Chomper said.