The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers

Serris · 697 · 67881

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(OOC- Sharon and Zachary dragged Cale and Neku into the aux control room.)

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hans sighed before giving up his shotgun to the cobalt commander "well when the military gets here I'm still going to be considered a prisoner,' hans said.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'll try to vouch for you; but I can't guarantee results." the Cobalt Commander replied, accepting the shotgun and handing to a Sublevel guard.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lockdown jumped as he heard a figure approaching the control room. Neville noticed, and grabbed his rifle.

---------------

"Dunno if that'll be enough," one of his soldiers replied, scratching his head. "Some evidence would be nice."

(OOC: I'm thinking of the footage the technician showed Shelton real early in the RP, of Hans rescuing the experiment from it's cage. I just can't think of a good way to mention that.)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Still they'll have to contact the German Embassy first before they can do anything,' hans said

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Werner's radio went off. "Got through to the illustrious Armed Forces," said Shelton, who was simultaneously calling James. "And they none-too-kindly informed me that they were aware of the situation and 'taking steps.' You all good?"

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"I think we're all ok shelton,' werner said. "Yeah the footage from earlier will be of some help,' hans said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(OOC: I was hoping you'd mention the problem with Hans.)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(OCC: oops I'll be editing my last post so it has this)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Wha'?" asked Shelton, puzzled.

The Cobalt commander took the radio. "We're talking about a way to clear Hans, so they don't lock him up when the army gets here. You remember getting anything on the security cameras that would help him out?"

"Oh, totally. Assuming the tapes are still in good condition, we'd have loads of footage of Hans' heel face turn. Starting with him rescuing that experiment from its cage. The Witness Protection Program would probably help too, assuming they want more on these terrorists' activities. And the truth is, people will realize you were on our side regardless of what the official story is. I think you'll be exempted, if not like Ellsberg, than like Sacco and Vanzetti."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We've got a bunch of credible witnesses." The Cobalt Commander replied.

----------

James arrived at the aux control room to find Zachary and Sharon trying to revive Cale and Neku.

"I think they're dead." Zachary said sadly. "We've tried using our airpacks on them. It's not working."

James sighed. "Well, we can't say we didn't try. On the brighter side, the military is en route to clean this mess up and investigate."

"Should have arrived earlier." Sharon said. "They'd have saved hundreds of lives."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As Zachary said that he thought the two were dead, Cale and Neku both coughed heavily, sitting up weakly.  
"Don't...Don't count us out just yet, guys..."
Cale said quietly, shutting one eye in a feeble attempt at a wink...

"Y-Yeah...I...won't die...not yet..."
Neku laughed, his voice ragged and tired...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You're alive!" Zachary said.

"Nice to see you." James said. "By the way the military is en route."

He then radioed Shelton. "Shelton! How long until the military arrives?"

(OOC - how do you all want to work with the ending? I'll see you all in the sequel!)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"'Shortly.'" Shelton quoted. "They weren't too specific on the details. But I'm pretty sure they won't stop for pizza on the way, so it can't be long.

"Also, James, I never said it, but good job. You led us through hell and back, and I think we all owe you our lives twice over, at least. I'm bummed I didn't get to know you a little better before it became a matter of life and death."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thank you." James said. "Zach, Shelton, Cale, Neku, Sharon, ?delwulf, Kagetora, Snow, Dr. Joe, Siberys, Cale, Slash, Agito, the Cobalt Squad thank you all. We would never have been able to hold out against the terrorists had it not been for all of you. I thank you."

"Thank you too, James. You too have provided inspiration, courage and leadership to our group. We have defied the odds." Zachary replied.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well at least this battle ended in our favor,' hans said.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Kagetora nodded.
"It's been...a true honor to have fought alongside you, James.  Perhaps, if the gods are willing, we will see each other again.  In...quieter times."
He said calmly, as he took off the mask he wore, revealing his face, and a broad smile...

Neku smiled warmly.
"He's right... You were...something else out there, James.  I guess...I owe you one for letting me stick around.  Thanks"
He whispered, weakly extending a hand...

Cale looked at James for a moment, then looked away.  
"You...you were willing to...trust me, even after I attacked you.  I...I...Thank you, James..."
He finally said, laying his head back on the ground...

Hawkeye gave James a warm clap on the shoulder.
"I've been a soldier for a long time, but I've never met anyone quite like you before.  I hope to have the honor of working with you again in the near future, sir."
He said, giving a salute to James, a smile on his face...

Slash nodded.
"I haven't known you very long, but... You're one heck of a leader.  Anytime you need a hand, feel free to try and come find me, alright?"
He said, flashing James a thumbs-up...

Agito bowed deeply.
"You gave us renegades a purpose.  You gave us back a reason to be alive.  And for that, I, too will be happy to help you whenever and wherever I can...Master James."
He said, rising and looking James in the eye...

Neku laughed.
"Heheh...Looks like...you won't be getting rid of any of us anytime soon, James...Guess you could say that... all of us...are a team now, huh?"
He said as cheerfully as he could.  He looked around at the various Scientists, Military personnel, and Experiments, and he smiled broader.  
This is more...than anything I could have asked for.  From now on...we're a team.  We are, I guess, in a way...Darwin's Soldiers.  The next evolution of warriors...
He thought to himself, as he fell into a light, but dream-filled sleep...