The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What if the Gang of Five turned their backs

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I did have the premise, especially when reading in the Doc thread, about character is what you do in your darkest moment and whatnot.  

I thought, would Chomper refrain from hunting Leaf Eaters, including the Gang of Five, if, say, a circumstance ever came up where they all thought him bad and denounced him and expressed their hatred for him.  I mean, what if Littlefoot said he didn't wish to know him and hated him with a passion or something?  Would he snap?  

(Particularly of interest would be if said incident happened when they're very close to adulthood If it happens now, it's not as dramatic or interesting when they are so young still.)

The interesting thing in my film idea is that Chomper has saved Leaf Eaters often yet they, because he was a Sharptooth, never so much as gave him an appreciative glance.  

He feels like a monster often, and that point is hit home when Ruby finds him again after they parted for many years, doesn't recognize him, sees him as an "evil Sharptooth", even if he can talk, and pleads with him not to eat her and expects to die, making him feel awful about the feelings of dread he inspires in others.  Ruby soon recognizes him and things go well.

However, once he goes to the Great Valley, though he is let in, with Littlefoot promising to be accountable for anything bad Chomper might do, he still feels resentment, perhaps because he's an adult now (Sharpteeth age a bit quicker than Leaf Eaters one might guess) and many have had bad encounters years earlier with adult Sharpteeth and so are less kinder to him than they were as a child.

Chomper is saddened by his treatment, and, strangely, enough, given the upcoming anniversary of his mother's death, so is Littlefoot.  

Littlefoot also would go through some character development that wasn't seen before that would tie to the first movie.  It would turn out that he never celebrated his Star Day (which I'm going to assume is the day his egg was laid, vs. Hatch Day which is when the egg hatched) for almost 20 years because his 5th Star Day was the day he lost his best friend.  (His mother).  It actually sounds believable enough as we never see Littlefoot celebrate his Star Day like Ruby did and also people even now will be gloomy around bad anniversaries even if it's not what those one(s) they lost would have wanted them to do or even if it only is just punishing themselves for something that was out of their hands.  

Littlefoot would also be more mature as he'd be trying to win the heart of Ali, with Chomper's help.  (Chomper would at last learn of why Littlefoot doesn't have a mother, feel guilty for what his species did to Littlefoot, despite Littlefoot saying he had nothing to be ashamed of, and try and help Littlefoot continue his herd by getting the heart of Ali and hence try and make it up to Mama Longneck for what Sharptooth did.)

Meanwhile, this other guy, who appears to be this handsome Leaf Eater, comes to the Great Valley and everyone thinks he's awesome.  He appears to have it all, though his odd Sharptoothish claws seem odd, but he says he was just born special and they all believe him as he looks like a Leaf Eater.

Things take a strange turn when Chomper discovers this "Prince Charming" is actually a Bothtooth who would certainly be capable of eating other dinos and that the Great Valley might be in danger.  Chomper doesn't realize yet that this bad guy is actually responsible in part for Mama Longneck's death and has been plotting to take over the dino world for about 20 years and that he often works with Sharpteeth and does bad things.  

Also, this "Prince Charming" is actually the mysterious villain who has been terrorizing the Mysterious Beyond.  Chomper doesn't know this yet, but suspects it's possible he might be and vows to keep an eye on him.  The bad guys says that Chomper is wasting his time and that, as far as the Great Valley knows, he's a Leaf Eater and that they will believe him over Chomper because Chomper is prejudiced against because he is a Sharptooth.

Later, Chomper tries to bring his girlfriend in and the bad guy fixes things so the Old One, who has her private reasons to hate Chomper's girlfriend because of what his girlfriend's ancestors did to her family and her true love, and the Old One was about to kill Chomper's true love.

Faced with an agonizing decision, Chomper's heart acts for him and he fight the Old One, trying to push her away and accidentally clawing her.  Getting blood on him sets off his predatory instinct (I got this idea from Bruce in Finding Nemo, who went predatory when he saw blood) and almost bites into her, but his mate and Littlefoot yell for him to stop and he does.

All of the Gang of Seven (except Chomper of course!), and Littlefoot, all believe Chomper to have hunted her and denounce him on the spot, as they only saw him attack the Old One!  Littlefoot knows better, and, still not sure if Chomper is dangerous or not, helps him get away.

The Old One dies from her injuries, Ali blames Littlefoot, and it looks like he's lost his dream of continuing his herd.  Worse, his actions in Chomper's escape are found out and he gets banished.

Chomper is now wondering if he should be friends with the Gang of Five if they all hate him (even Littlefoot blew his top at Chomper after finding out some unpleasant information about what Chomper did in film V.).  

The irony of them being bigoted against Chomper is that once the evil Bothtooth, appearing to have predicted Chomper's "betrayal" ahead of time, is made the Supreme Leader of the Great Valley, he sets out sneakily to convince the various kinds that they didn't do enough to help the Old One and the blame game goes on and soon it gets so bad that the kinds are against each other and the Combined Herd, the Great Valley's greatest defense, fractures and even the rest of the Gang of Five, plus Ali, are fighting at times.  In short, first they hated someone who was a different kind (Sharptooth) than them and now they turn against their own kind with their hatred (Leaf Eaters).  

In the end, they are all forced to work together, Sharpteeth, Leaf Eaters, Bothteeth, and Egg Stealers to defeat a bunch of bad guys united to enslave the world.  

(Yes, Chomper is pardoned and allowed to stay and the same for Littlefoot.  Happy ending, don't worry.)]

Another moral of this would be not to judge someone by what they look like (poor Chomper) rather than who they are.  They make this mistake and are mean to poor nice Chomper while they are unfairly good to someone who turns out to be a power hungry murderer.  

It just sounds like such a great idea for a LBT film, especially a finale set.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Would he try and get them to like him again?  I can't see him just giving up.  

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I'm pretty sure he'd leave the Great Valley, sentencing himself to exile. Probably wouldn't go too far before he either came up with a better idea (a plan to get the gang's trust back or something) or a search party found him... Honestly I can easily imagine this kind of scenario taking place, except for the fact that Littlefoot would probably never turn his back on Chomper. And Ruby would go with the young sharptooth, I guess.